Theories

Executive Order

Prim. Proper. Pretty. Those were the words her friends would describe her ever since high school. Now they are working in the same company but the strength of those words only got stronger in their eyes. That is why on another boring weekend when she was supposed to be at home, watching over her brother, doing office works, two pairs of heels walked in front of her desk.

Choi Jinri looked up to see the familiar faces of two colleagues smiling down at her. She raises her eyebrow, questioning the pair who had knowing smiles on their faces. How badly she wanted to rip those smiles off their faces.

“What are you two doing here?” a raspy voice echoed through the room, completely taking over her supposed words, and the two girls jumped around to see Jinri’s boss walk out of his office. Jinri immediately stood up and bowed down as he passed by.

“Oppa, it’s already five. And it’s Friday, so we girls are going to have our own night out!” The Jung smiled sweetly to him.

He rolled his eyes at the Jung and turned to his assistant. He barely looked at her and said, “Miss Choi, I hope you have everything at hand before you go with these good-for-nothing ladies from the other department.”

Choi Jinri didn’t dare move , but the vertically-challenged Park spoke. “Yah, oppa! That was an insult!” Her boss laughed heartily at her friend.

“Okay, then. Have a nice weekend, ladies.” He ruffled Sunyoung’s hair before he completely left the room. And that was when Choi Jinri took a deep breath.

“I’m not going with you girls, so please, stop wasting your time on me.” Jinri said whilst studying through a folder.

“Whatever, you’re coming with us.” Soojung said, and started cleaning up through her desk, and Sunyoung already shutting her computer off. Jinri sat there, shocked, as the two girls already cleaned up all the mess in a span of five minutes. The next thing she knew, she is riding Krystal’s car with to the shopping district of Seoul.

“Aren’t you excited, Jinri?” Krystal beamed at her.                       

“I have to be home before the eight.” Jinri said, recalling that she have many things to do at home, at the same time coming up for excuses if they retorted, which happened right after she remembered that her curfew is not eight anymore.

“We called your mom. She said your curfew is ten.” Luna said.

“What?!” Jinri scowled at her friend who just kept looking smart.

“I told you. She told us that you are old enough yet you still treat yourself a kid. It’s time you become a woman. Starting tonight, you will be a whole new Choi Sulli.” Luna smiled at her devilishly. She hated it when Luna does that. She is just so unpredictable. Who knows what is actually going on in her mind?

“This doesn’t sound like a good idea, Sunyoung.” Jinri flinched at the sound of her English name she and her friends formulated during high school.

“Oh my God, Luna. I haven’t heard that name for quite some time.” Krystal said in straight English.

“It has been seven years, Soojung.” Jinri said to tease the Jung. Krystal glared at her.

“Ha!” Luna burst out laughing. “Oh my God, Krystal! I missed that! Jung Soojung.”

“Yah, Sulli. What are you playing at? We stopped using those names since high school.” Krystal frowned, disappointed at her friend.

“I stopped using those two years ago.” Jinri smiled, pertaining to their English names and recalled why she did so.

“Whatever. You’ll be Sulli once again. After tonight, everyone will love you. All the boys would want you. All the girls will be jealous. After tonight, your boss will regret hiring you.” Krystal said enthusiastically.

“Why?” Jinri asked.

Professionalism, Sulli. You don’t date your boss.” Luna raised her index finger, saying it was the number one rule.

“Soojung dates Kai.” Jinri said.

“It is Krystal, Sulli. And he is not my boss.” Krystal said. “He’s just a colleague.”

Jinri didn’t want to teach logic to her friends any longer, and studied where they are heading. “I can’t stay out here until ten.”

“Why not?” Luna asked.

“I have a meeting to attend tomorrow by seven.” Jinri said.

“That . Why do you keep on working your off when you can have your own company? I mean, your name would get famous! You are the Choi Sulli.” Luna said.

“Yeah, Luna has a point. Why are you in that rotten office? Honestly, if you leave there, we would be your very first employees.” Krystal said.

“Let’s stop all this talk about business. I’m over it.” Jinri said.

“Over your .” Luna remarked.

“Instead of talking about my life, why don’t we talk about what to do with our hairs?” Jinri finally figured out that she can’t win against the two of them beside her.

“Now you’re talking, Sulli!” Luna cheered.

“I’m glad you’re back, Ssul.” Krystal winked at her.

The three ladies went inside the salon first. Krystal wanted to colour her hair red, and Sulli thought it would be fantastic. Krystal thought that Luna should cut her hair really short, like a boy’s hair, for a change. It was Luna who thought that Sulli would look hot with a shorter hair, just dropping by her shoulders since she had milky white skin to compliment with.

When they stepped out of the salon, everyone in Myeongdong was staring at them. It’s as if they are looking at three angels sent down from heaven. They shopped for new wardrobes. Sulli spent more than what is needed. Luna and Krystal said that she had to change her style. And they helped her with it. They went around from boutique to boutique trying on different clothes of different textures and colours until they found the right sets for their friend.

After spending lots of money, the girls decided to eat dinner at a restaurant in a mall. Krystal called her driver to pick up their shopping bags while Luna and Sulli looked for a place to eat. They were waiting for their orders when Krystal broke the tiredness out of them.

“So, Sulli. What is with you and Byun Baekhyun?” Sulli looked up to see Krystal’s questioning eyes, and Luna’s as much as thrilled.

“We know you’re steady with my cousin, but, let’s face it. He’s been gone for a year now, and surely Baekhyun oppa knows you, being Chanyeol oppa’s best friend and all.”

“What are you talking about?” Sulli smiled.

“We know you like Byun Baekhyun a.k.a. Chanyeol’s best friend a.k.a. your boss.” Krystal said. Sulli was as red as tomato but she was about to open to argue. “But what we don’t know is since when?”

“What I wanted to know is why he is so cold to you? Baekhyun likes girls, lots of them. But he doesn’t even give a about you.” Luna brought up.

Sulli ignored Krystal’s question, then turned to Luna, “He respects me, maybe? His best friend’s girl.”

“That is not Byun Baekhyun, Sulli. That is being Kai.” Luna said.

“Yah.” Krystal differed. At the same time, a waiter came and served their food. They waited until the waiter is out of their sight until they continue talking.

“Kai wouldn’t flirt with us because we are your friends, Krys. Of course Baekhyun wouldn’t flirt with me because I am Chanyeol’s cousin.” Luna said.

“Okay, but Sulli, Baekhyun completely ignored you. That isn’t being Byun Baekhyun.” Krystal turned to Sulli, making sure that her point was taken.

“So? We are like that ever since time began.” Sulli said truthfully.

“I think Baekhyun hates you.” Sulli looked scandalized at Luna’s words. “But he hates that he likes you at the same time.”

“That doesn’t make sense, Luna.” It was Krystal who spoke for her.

“If you will think about it, Baekhyun has all the reason to hate you. God, why are you still alive?” Luna then laughed heartily, Sulli just shrugged.

“What are you thinking, Luna?” Krystal asked. Luna is one small but seriously dangerous girl. Sulli thinks that if there is anyone who would be plotting against someone in this table, it would be Park Sunyoung because of her cunning wit.

“Choi Sulli is the number one.” Luna started.

“Everyone knows that.” Krystal said as-a-matter-of-factly.

“That’s the point. No one knows who the number two is.” Luna stressed.

“I know.” Sulli said.

“Of course we knew, we came from the same class.” Krystal countered.

“No one in the company knows who the number two of our batch is. But everyone knows that Choi Sulli is the number one that is why she had a nice and perfect position in the company.” Luna said.

“You’re saying that Byun Baekhyun hates me because he is number two?” Sulli asked.

“That is my first theory. Now the second, is, he hates the fact that he likes you but my cousin got in your pants first.” Luna said.

“Chanyeol never got in my pants.” Sulli said.

The three burst out laughing, realizing the pun in it. “I know, it’s hilarious but maybe Baekhyun likes you secretly.” Luna said.

“That is hilarious. No one likes me, that is what I know.” Sulli assured them.

“No one would dare touch you because you are Park Chanyeol’s girl.” Luna said.

“Chanyeol oppa has been gone for a long time. Anyone could just step in front of her desk and leave a note saying, hey, let’s date some time.” Krystal said.

“And that is how my third theory is formulated. Anyone could just step up and get Sulli’s number, right? But no one did for the past year.” Luna said, her smiles getting wider at the moment.

“And why do you think is that?” Krystal asked.

“Everyone knows you are Byun Baekhyun’s executive assistant. You go wherever he goes, you work together, you go out together and what I heard from the other employees, you two are in a relationship.” Luna said.

“Why would they think like that?” Sulli asked, completely confused. “Everyone knows in our class that Baekhyun and I are enemies.”

“Only our class knows about that, not the whole company, Ssul.” Luna said.

“Agreed. Maybe Baekhyun had this sign somewhere, Sulli is mine, so off, whenever you two go to work together.” Krystal suggested and laughed with Luna after.

“You know, what, girls? Let’s just enjoy our meal so I can sleep early.” Sulli decided to change the topic, thinking they are all nonsense.

“And go to the meeting tomorrow with Byun Baekhyun?” Krystal asked.

“Yes.”

Sulli got home at around nine. Krystal had dropped her off, along with the new clothes that they shopped. She quickly arranged her things and set what would she wear in the meeting tomorrow, washed her face, and slept. That was the last time her friends thought of her as prim and proper. Pretty evolved to beautiful.