Disclose

Executive Order

They were juniors at that time. Sulli and Baekhyun were checking on the plants that their teacher had put them in charge. They had many things they are working on together because they are seatmates and both the top students. They were in the school yard, when the others are still having their classes, and the two of them got the privilege to slack off for quite some time.

“Baekhyun-sshi…”

“Hmm?” Baekhyun turned to look at the person he hated the most. She was just a transferee when they entered high school, but she became the number one student. In just one quick glimpse, Baekhyun lost everything.

She was fumbling with her own fingers while watching her steps. She cautiously looked at Baekhyun’s eyes, and tried her best not to spoil the moment. She will never repeat it again. “I love you, Baekhyun.”

That was when she hated the person she loved.

I’m sorry, Choi Jinri. But I don’t feel the same way. I really am sorry.” Baekhyun thought that she was a smart person. She should have known that she would get rejected.

But Sulli knew, and she dared cross the line between them.  “I know.”

 “Don’t you think we should go back to our class now?”

“Of course.”

But the bell rang, and they went on their separate ways.

Ever since, they avoided each other at all costs, until Chanyeol came into her life.

Choi Jinri was the loveliest student in their school. Everyone knew it—every boy, every girl, all the teachers… Even Byun Baekhyun knew it. Jinri herself knew it, which you might think would detract from her charm and beauty. But Jinri never used this knowledge to harm or hold over others. She knew she was lovely, and shared it like a gift. Every smile from Jinri was like walking up to a perfect sunny day. She knew it. And she smiled at everyone who crossed her path, as if it was the most generous thing she could offer. And Park Chanyeol wanted her to be his.

 “Good-bye, honey.” Chanyeol kissed Jinri’s forehead and turned to Baekhyun. “Make sure she’ll safely get home, huh?” Baekhyun nodded and Chanyeol kissed her again, this time on the lips, and he got off the car.

The team went deeper into the neighbourhood. The whole ride was silent, as always, whenever Chanyeol and Jinri would ride home with Baekhyun, just because they all go through the same way. When they came to a stop, it was Jinri’s turn to say good-bye.

Jinri hesitated talking to him, they were enemies, after all. But she tried, “Thank you, Baekhyun-sshi.” Baekhyun made no reaction, and she bowed to the driver as well, before completely getting off the car.

It has been acknowledged in their household that she must wait for her visitors before carrying on. Jinri always waits until the car disappears at the bend of the road, but this time, Baekhyun also went out of the car. He walked over to face her properly.

“I know what you are playing at, Jinri.” He said.

“What are you talking about?” She asked.

“Since it’s not me, it’ll be Chanyeol. You really are a smart girl, Jinri. You knew you there’s no point of studying if you don’t have a name in business. So you’ll date Chanyeol, because you knew the Parks are world renowned.” Baekhyun liked seeing the tears break out of her lids. She should know the consequences of being an enemy of a Byun. “Quit it, Choi”

 At that time, Jinri thought that being Chanyeol’s girl would make her closer to Byun Baekhyun—the former’s best friend. She was lovely, but she was also a martyr. Jinri didn’t dare speak, because she hated the words that will come out of . That is the first time she didn’t wait until someone leaves.

“Goodbye.” She said silently before opening the gates to her house and left Byun Baekhyun standing there. As she walked through the stone pathway, she swore that she would never ever let him get the spot he wanted in the ranks. She will never let him be happy, although she loves him.

And she had been successful up to date.

The company had been built by the two families that had been partners for five generations now—the Parks and the Byuns. It was destined that Byun Baekhyun and Park Chanyeol be best friends and the future masters of the company. The two elders had loved Sulli and her reports every time. And Baekhyun hated that fact. She climbed her way up to the top, and she’s on the peak. She is now Baekhyun’s executive assistant, the highest that she could get. He hated her. He could feel that they approved of her more than him.

It was a Saturday, when they should be home resting, but some of the respectable board members would only be available for a meeting on that day. They were forced to go to work on a Saturday, and Baekhyun knew that Choi Jinri couldn’t wait to go home. But something told him that it was wrong. She was the most workaholic person he ever knew, after all.

“Baekhyun-sshi, I’ll be going now.” Sulli is now ready to go, with her bag and her presentations at hand when she appeared on his office. He was stunned, hands down. For once, he actually stared at her too long. Then he realized that something changed about her, and that was her hair, or probably her make-up, or her change of fashion, but he couldn’t tell. He couldn’t remember.

“You’re not going yet.” Baekhyun said coldly, as he did every time while talking to him. He didn’t know if he was successful enough because Sulli smiled. She never smiled at him unless it was an accident.

“Is there a problem?” Sulli asked. Baekhyun thought that she had changed. She used to be polite, trying to be on his side, but she is far from polite. She is demanding of an answer, very far from the Choi Jinri that he knew.

“We’re having lunch.” Baekhyun said, and thought it went wrong. “Leave your presentation behind. We’re eating with the board members.”

Sulli didn’t say another word but went to her desk to leave her presentations. While at her desk, Baekhyun remembered her friends, who must be behind her transformation. Krystal is a bit arrogant but she’s a nice kid, and Luna is the kindest of them all. To Byun Baekhyun, Sulli is the evil one. Pretending to be an angel but deep inside is a monster. But still, she is as beautiful as an angel. She patiently waited for Baekhyun to come out of his office, and both of them went to a fancy restaurant together to eat lunch with the highly respected board members.

“I must say you are getting as lovely as ever, my dear Jinri.” It was Chanyeol’s father who made the remark. Jinri replied her gratitude with a blush. Baekhyun couldn’t stand how everyone else liked her but he doesn’t.

“Your son is lucky to have Jinri. She’s beauty and brains at the same time. No one could get that kind these days. It would be a miracle if my son gets someone like her.” Baekhyun looked at his father, who seemed to be also fooled by Sulli.

Realizing the elder Park’s approval of her, they would probably ask her to marry Park Chanyeol once he comes back. And the thought of sharing the company with someone like Choi Jinri annoys him. He couldn’t wait to get this lunch over with.

After eating lunch, everyone went out of the restaurant and into their own cars. Baekhyun noticed that Sulli was about to wait for a cab at the edge of the sidewalk and stopped her before the board members notice. He grabbed her arm and spun her around to face him. “What do you think you’re doing?”

“Getting a cab.” She simply said.

“Don’t embarrass me in front of the board members, Jinri.” Baekhyun hissed against her ears, and he dragged her towards his car.

To Sulli, it felt like she was forced to get in Baekhyun’s car for the second time around. She didn’t dare talk; she hated exchanging the slightest words with him. Baekhyun feels the same way, but he felt that she doesn’t deserve his cruelty for the first time. She is just as innocent as she is. “They are expecting me to drive you home, Jinri.” He reasoned when they get to the high way.

“I know.” Sulli said proudly. And it was enough for Baekhyun to regret that he tried to be nice for a second. He was more than pissed. Sulli could feel it, but she is happy doing this to him.

“How much money do you need to leave the company?” Baekyhun asked.

Sulli couldn’t believe what she’s hearing. She opened to say a word of argument, but nothing came. She only felt pain in her heart. She knew that Baekhyun hated her but not to this extent.

“I will deposit them into your account and you don’t have to go to work on Monday.” Baekhyun added.

Sulli wanted to say something harsh, something to get back at him, but she couldn’t. Baekhyun thinks so lowly of her, the thought made a piercing hole in her heart. After all, she doesn’t have a name in business, she needed every bit of money she could have. A pregnant silence filled the space as he waited for her answer. He thought he went too far until he heard her voice again, “hundred million,” she spoke softly.

“I knew it. You are nothing but a gold digger.” Baekhyhun spat.

Tears are already b in her eyes. They silently fell out of her eyes, as if she’s trained to cry silently. She hated that his words hurt her a lot even though many years had passed, and they are grown-ups now. They are no longer high schools. They have finished college. They are already working. Yet she is still crazily, madly in love with him.

They entered their neighbourhood, Sulli was surprised he still knew the direction to her house. After all, he used to give her rides, until Chanyeol had a car of his own. When they came to a halt, it was Sulli’s turn to speak. “Thank you.” She tried to sound strong, as if she never shed a tear, but she sobbed. Her lungs had betrayed her.

Baekhyun was stunned, and his head turned to look at her red swollen eyes. He watched her get off his car, and entered their land. He watched her wipe the tears from her face as her figure got smaller, and until she disappeared behind the wooden doors. He watched her, just like he did when they were high schools, until Chanyeol got a car of his own.

 


Author's Note: Hello to everyone! Thank you so much for subscribing! And to those who upvoted and commented, I really am honoured, thanks!