Confession

In Love with My Bestfriend

It's Saturday morning and seeing how rare it was to wake up at 6:30 in the morning, you decide to go for a light jog. Heading out the door, you feel the morning fog in the air and you start stretching. 5 minutes later, you jog down the neighborhood and towards the park. 10 minutes later, you take a break at the park and grab a drink from the vending machine.

As you approach the vending machine, you see a guy pounding the machine. Scratching your head you approach the guy and kicking at the vending machine's weak spot, a drink clanks.

"Woah, thank you for-" The guy turns around and you see that it's Jungkook.

"_________! What're you doing here so early?" He asked surprised.

"Why, I can't go out for a jog? Haha, and your welcome for the drink." You said, grinning. You get a can of coffee from the vending machine and start drinking.

As you take a stroll with Jungkook, you guys laugh through conversations and getting to know each other. Checking your watch, 3 hours have passed while hanging out with Jungkook.

"It's already 9. I should get going, my parents are wondering where I am right now." You said. As you wave at him and about to leave, he grabs your wrist.

"Wait, before you leave, can we hang out another time? Today was fun and I find you to be a cool person." He said.

"Of course, I had fun today too. I'll see you around then, bye." You smile and jog back home.

----------------------------------

Coming home, you hear that everyone's already awake and making breakfast.

"I'm home!" You yelled as you head to get a drink of water.

"Where did you go so early in the morning?" Your mom asked.

"I just went out for a jog." You said and head upstairs to take a shower.

15 minutes later, you run downstairs and sit at the dining table and start eating breakfast.

"Taehyung came early this morning around 8, asking where you were. He seemed a bit worried when we said we didn't know where you were and rushed to go find you. Call him, he must be a bit paranoid." Your mom says. You stop chewing for a bit and putting down your chopsticks, you walk upstairs to your room and call Taehyung.

"Yah! Where were you this morning! I was looking everywhere for you."

"I'm fine, I just went for a jog this morning."

"That's it? I was trying to find you everywhere and I don't get an apology? If you're upset about the last 2 days I couldn't walk with you, I'm sorry."

"It's whatever. Oh by the way, Namjoon, Jin, Jimin, Hoseok, and Yoongi saw me yesterday and we ate...tteokbokki and soondae at the shop from our middle school."

"Ah! I forgot that I promised to buy you tteokbokki! What can I do to make it up to you since you helped me with my homework?"

"Forget it, you'll probably have to stay behind anyways. I got to go, bye."

You hang up the phone and plop in bed. For some reason, you feel a bit hurt just from talking to Taehyung and you don't know why.

------------------------------

Waking up early for school, you wash up and put on your clothes and head downstairs to have breakfast. After 10 minutes of eating breakfast, you say goodbye and head out the door. For some reason, you realize that it's the first time Taehyung didn't stop by this morning. Thinking that he's coming, you wait outside your house for Taehyung to give you a ride.

Waiting for the past 20 minutes for him to arrive, you become frustrated and seeing how long you've been waiting, school is about to start in 5 minutes. Running down the neighborhood, you trip over a rock and skid your knees. Cursing under your breath, you try to get up, but your knees hurt badly and checking the time, you're late.

Sitting on the curb, someone walks up to you and hands you their hankerchief. Looking up, Jungkook smiles and you feel relieved that he's here.

"It seems like you're late because you fell down. I'm late because I overslept." He said and sratched his head.

"I was late for a dumb reason, I feel like an idiot right now." You say, your voice quivering a bit. Suddenly, Jungkook picks you up and out of nowhere, hugs you.

"I know you're upset about something, by the sound of your voice, if you're gonna cry, do it." He said, your hair.

"W-what are you talking about...I'm not, I'm not u-upset about anything..." You stutter, tears suddenly falling down as he continues to comfort you.

"Let's ditch school. Anywhere you want to go, I'll take you there." said Jungkook, wiping your tears with his thumb.

-----------------------------------

Walking hand in hand, he takes you to an amusement park where there aren't that many people, but you find it to be a good thing. Jungkook spots a food cart with balloons tied to the cart. He runs towards the cart and buys a bag of popcorn. Eating popcorn as you're walking, he takes so much pictures that you throw a piece of popcorn at him and he catches it in his mouth, which makes you laugh.

"Well, how do you feel? Was it a good idea to ditch school?" Jungkook curiously asked.

"I guess so, thanks for bringing me to the amusement park. It's been a while since I've come here." You said, looking at the ferris wheel and then the ground.

"It's the best I can do for you to get your mind off things. But this isn't the reason I took you here...these past few days, I started developing feelings for you as we got to know each other. ________, I like you." He confessed and leans in for a kiss and you're taken by surprise.