Hyo Jung's Hidden Personality

In Love with My Bestfriend

The next day, you get up for school and get washed up. After a few minutes, you go downstairs to have breakfast as usual. Yesterday, you're parents were upset when the school called saying you didn't come to school and you lied saying that you lost your phone somewhere when you were walking to school. You sit down at the table and start eating. The doorbell rings and your mom rushes to open it. Trying to see who's here, Taehyung comes running to the dining table and starts eating.

"Taehyung-ah, eat slowly or else you'll get indigestion. You and ________ always have that habit." She said, patting his head and he smiles at her.

Seeing Taehyung made you lose your appetite and you put down you chopstick and getting up from your chair, you wince because of your knees and walk to the living room to get your backpack and jacket.

"I'm going mom, bye." You said, avoiding Taehyung and you quickly put on your shoes by the door and head outside.

As you start walking, you hear Taehyung calling your name and you pretend you didn't hear him. Hearing how close he is, you walk faster but stops in front you as soon as he brakes the bike.

"Yah, why are you ignoring me? Why weren't you at school yesterday, I was worried." He breathed.

"I'm sorry, was I? Look, I'm going to be late for school, unlike yesterday when I waited for the past 20 minutes, thinking you were gonna come take me to school like you alway do in the morning." You said, upset. You grip tightly on your backpack strap and walk around Taehyung's bike.

"Look I'm sorry, it's just that Hyo Jung called me to help her with something at school and I didn't think she'd keep me until school started. I've been busy helping her keep up with schoolwork and it's my job as class president to do so." He said, holding your wrist.

"How many times have you said sorry this week? Ever since Hyo Jung transferred, I've heard so many 'sorrys' from you, are you really that sorry?" You said,sounding mad and jealous but you don't realize it.

"What's your point? Just because I've known you since birth doesn't mean I always have to be with you 24/7." He said, sounding a bit annoyed. Taken aback by what he said, you feel tears rolling down your cheeks and you turn and run to school, Taehyung not chasing behind you. Bastard...what is up with him? Don't you know how much that hurts me?

----------------------------------

Arriving at the front of the school, Ma Ri waves and runs up to you.

"Yah, where were you yesterday? I thought something happened to yo-" She suddenly stopped to see you crying and you turn to hug her. "Yah! Why are you crying? What's wrong?"

"Why would he say that to me like he didn't care how I would feel about that? It's like he changed or something." You cried, letting everything all out.

"What're you saying? Make some sense, tell me, what's wrong?" Ma Ri asked, comforting you.

Telling Ma Ri everything, her expression went from shocked to hate, when you mentioned Hyo Jung.

"UGH! That girl, I swear she can't even leave Taehyung's side! Yesterday, she was flirting with Taehyung even though he didn't want to talk to her and kept looking at your seat. She is not as sweet as everyone sees her. At the library, she 'accidently' knocked down my books when I was going to study and didn't even apologize." She said, as you both walk to first period. As soon as you go in the classroom, Hyo Jung suddenly hugs you and you almost fall back.

"__________! Why weren't you here yesterday? I missed you!" She cried, attracting some people's attention in the classroom.

"I-I'm fine, can you get off me please, class is about to start." You said. You see Taehyung sitting at his seat with his headphones on and you go to your seat without talking or looking at him.

As soon as the teacher comes in, class starts and you try hard to focus. 20 minutes into the lesson, you ask your teacher if you could go to the nurses office because you don't feel good, and you pack your stuff and leave. As you walk down the hallway to the nurses office, you see Hyo Jung approach you from the opposite end of the hall.

"__________! Wait up, where're you going?" She asked, grabbing your wrist. Looking down at your wrist, she lets go.

"Nurses office. I'm gonna get going now..." You said and start walking until she grabs your wrist again.

"Let's talk, shall we?" She said, in a serious tone. She leads you to the girl's bathroom and as soon as she steps foot in the bathroom, she pushes you against the wall. "So, tell me, what's your relationship with Taehyung, really? See, I really like him but he doesn't notice me at all, even if I have to play nice."

"Why are you telling me this? There's no special relationship between me and Taehyung, we've been bestfriends since we were born." You said.

"How can I be so sure about that? Obviously, he's too busy looking at you from afar, no matter how much effort I have to put to get him to look at me." Hyo Jung said, fixing her hair in front of the mirror.

"Fine, I swear, I don't like or have a crush on Taehyung. I think of him as my bestfriend, that's all it ever was." You said. Hyo Jung looks at you with satisfaction and walks out of the bathroom. Standing alone in the bathroom, you feel tears forming and you quickly wipe them away and head to the nurses office.