Reunited Friends

In Love with My Bestfriend

The windows of your room bring in the cool breeze, making the curtains fly. Doing homework, you're upset because you had to walk home alone and you never left school without Taehyung. It was weird to hear from Taehyung that he wouldn't be walking with you today becayse he was caught up with something. As your doing homework, you hear something being thrown at your window and you turn to look out your window to see Taehyung waving at you. You smile and grabbing a rope ladder behind your desk, you drop it out the window where Taehyung starts climbing.

"Hey! Sorry I couldn't walk with you like we usually do, the teacher held me back to help him with some stuff." He say as he climbs inside your room and jumps on your bed.

"It's alright, I would've asked Ma Ri but her boyfriend picked her up and it wasn't so bad walking home alone...just felt a bit weird." You said, looking at him and turning to do your homework.

"Ahh there was homework?! I need to start...can you help me please?" said Taehyung, whining.

"Idiot, you remember to wake me up whenever I don't wake up but you forget to do homework? Wah, good job." You said not looking at him and focusing on your homework.

"Why won't you help me??? I'll treat you to anything, soondae, tteokbokki, anything!" He replied, behind you. You turn around and suddenly you meet his face so close, it seems like you guys are about to kiss. Turning away quickly, you clear you throat and look down at your homework. "Are you, perhaps, shy to get so close to my face?"

"W-what are you talking about! I'm not shy, it was just a surprise that's all!" You said, flustering. You hear him giggle and you feel your stomach fluttering just hearing that giggle.

After hearing him constantly beg you to help him with his homework, you give in and help him until night slowly falls. Checking the time, it's only 8 PM and your mom asks Taehyung to stay for dinner and he agrees.

"How was showing the new girl around school?" You ask, sitting on your bed, Taehyung trying to attempt to braid your hair.

"She was alright, she's in all my classes except P.E." He said. He stops braiding and your mom calls both of you to come downstairs for dinner.

Dinner with Taehyung always brought laughter to the dinner table and your parents treat him like their son. After spending an hour eating dinner, you walk Taehyung home, despite it being a bit chilly. As you're walking, you feel cold and you fold your arms tightly. Taehyung sees you and take his jacket off and puts it around your shoulders and you thank him for the jacket.

Walking in silence, you reach his house and you say bye to him and run back home. Oh darn, I forgot to give him his jacket back! Oh well, maybe tomorrow.

------------------------------------------

Like usual, you ride in the back of Taehyung's bike to school and as soon as you reach the gate, Ma Ri is already waiting for them.

"I still feel bad about not walking home with you...you're not mad are you?" She asked, clinging onto your arm. You laugh and say no. "Yah! Kim Taehyung, how could you let her walk alone???" Ma Ri yelled.

"I made it up to her by buying her tteokbokki after school, right?!" He said to you, flailing your arm and pouting at you.

"Of course, I'm gonna make you buy me so much food after school!" You joke and pinch Taehyung's cheeks.

"Aigoo, even though you guys are childhood friends, you act like a couple. Perhaps, are you guys dating without my consent?!" Ma Ri sarcastically says, eyes wide and dropping .

"What are you talking abo-" You hear someone calling Taehyung's name and all three of you guys turn to see Hyo Jung running up to him and waving at him, avoiding you and Ma Ri.

"Hey! I thought I recognized that hair of yours! Can I borrow your notes for math because Teacher Song told me to find someone to copy down notes." She asked. You see her standing so close to him that you don't realize how fast your walking until Ma Ri calls you.

"Yah! Why are you suddenly walking so fast? Ugh leaving me behind. Perhaps, are you jealous about something?" Ma Ri raises her brows.

"What? Jealousabo t? I'm just trying to get to class, that's all. Let's go or else we'll be late." You said and go to your locker to switch shoes.