Chapter Three

Fire and Ice
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

After he returned home, Youngmin tried to use his power, disappointed when he was unable to bring it out. Maybe Donghyun had been correct when telling him that they had to be together for it to work. It would make sense, and he wanted this to all be true. He would finally find out where he had come from, and he would be able to trust Donghyun. However, right now, he was just afraid of it being a trick.

 

Pulling out his phone, he texted Kwangmin, telling him that the power didn’t work. Kwangmin simply replied that it was most likely because they weren’t together, as they had been told by Donghyun. He could tell that Youngmin was more nervous than he was, himself, and he wanted to help the other boy through this.

 

As soon as Youngmin was finished texting Kwangmin, he heard a knock on his door. Opening it, he saw that it was his mother. She simply told him that it was time to come to dinner.

 

‘I’ll go back with you tomorrow, okay?’ He told Kwangmin. ‘I need to go now, though. Bye.’

 

‘Okay. I’ll see you after school, then,’ Kwangmin replied. Youngmin left his phone in his room as he walked to the kitchen and sat down to eat.

 

 

The next day at school, both of the twins were nervous about what had happened. However, when Kwangmin started to walk over to him, the younger twin shook his head and texted him.

 

'We can't talk here, because it's not safe. You saw what happened yesterday...'

 

Youngmin sighed, frowning. He thought about the situation before replying. 'Kwangmin, I do believe that the powers could have been legitimate. I can feel it, not only from you using your power, but also in me. However, I'm just nervous about Donghyun, himself. I mean, he killed someone. If you are my brother, I want to keep you away from any harm. That could include him.'

 

Kwangmin shook his head, glancing at his brother. Youngmin was already walking toward his first class. 'I know. We need to stick together, and maybe we could go back this afternoon and check it out. It feels right to me.'

 

'I'll think about it and text you later, okay? Bye.' Youngmin replied, turning his phone off.

 

 

After school, the boys met at Youngmin's house, since he knew that his parents and younger brother weren't home. They talked about the situation, finally agreeing that it was a good idea to go back to Donghyun. They hung out until evening, when Youngmin knew his mom would be coming home. He heard a car pulling into his garage and told Kwangmin to leave out his window.  He would be with him in a moment, after he checked to make sure the car had been his mom's. Once Kwangmin was outside, he walked to the kitchen quietly, glancing around the corner. He noticed a tall man standing in the living room, speaking with his mother. He listened carefully to see what they were saying.

 

"He has no idea, and they've never met," his mother told the man, smiling at him. "I haven't seen the other twin since the beginning."

 

The man studied her face carefully, then

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter