Chapter One

Fire and Ice
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kwangmin sat in the waiting room of the hospital, holding his arm where he had injured it. He had been playing soccer and landed wrong while catching himself from falling. Now it hurt very badly, and he hoped it wasn’t broken. His mother sat beside him, her hand resting on his thigh lightly. He felt stupid about getting injured, because if his arm was broken or fractured, he wouldn’t be able to play with his teammates for the rest of the season, and that would . Sighing, he replied to his friend, whining about not wanting to be out for the season.

 

He was relieved when the nurse called him back. After that, he was taken to have an x-ray, and the doctor pulled him aside, asking him if his mother had caused the injury. He reassured the man that his mother had not caused him any harm. The rest of the afternoon was filled with medicines and a brace. He was happy to find out that he hadn’t broken any bones, but had simply sprained his arm. It would take a while to heal, and he would still most likely be out for a while.

 

His mother smiled at him while they were back in the waiting room. “Sweetie, I need to go fill out some paperwork and speak with the doctors, okay? I’ll be back.”

 

Kwangmin smiled at her. “Okay.”

 

Looking at his phone, he began replying to all of the texts he was getting from friends about his accident. He was engrossed in a conversation when he heard the door to the waiting room he was in open. He hadn’t realized that another person would be in the same room, since it wasn’t the main waiting room. Glancing up, he saw that it was a boy his own age. However, something about him gave Kwangmin chills: they were very similar. Trying not to be obvious, he glanced at the boy again. The other teen hadn’t seen him, so that gave Kwangmin time to study him more closely. He had the same features, from the nose, the same face shape, and his eyes were the same. It was as if Kwangmin was looking into a mirror. He couldn’t stop staring. The boy even had a brace on the same arm, which made Kwangmin feel uneasy.

 

The other boy looked up at him, and his eyes became wide in surprise, so he looked back down. Shaking his head, the other boy began mumbling to himself, then he stood up and began walking toward the door.

 

“Wait!” Kwangmin spoke for the first time, knowing that he was probably speaking too loudly. “Um…what’s your name?”

 

The other boy gave him the same wild-eyed, surprised look, sh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter