Pay the Price

Friend for sale

 

Friend for Sale

 

Darkness. 

 

He tried to move his arms, but something prevented him from doing so. Jerking from left to right, he couldn't budge. All his efforts were fruitless in the end. Where was he? How did he end up tied up like this? And why would he even end up in such a situation? It wasn't as if he was the son of the king or the president so his kidnappers could hold him captive for ransom. He was just an ordinary boy who was trying to live a peaceful life with no one else except his only friend, Kim Minseok or Xiumin for the better.

Luhan racked his brains and tried to remember something that could've led him to the current situation and all he could come up with was him heading home from a ty day, wishing for a long, long hot and comfortable bath. He remembered waiting for a bus with his earpiece stuck in his ears, listening to the latest hits.

And the next thing he knew everything went all dark in front of his eyes and woke up all tied up in a dark room. He tried to jerk himself free one last time when the sound of a door clicking open halt his actions. His head snapped to the source of the sound and his eyes widened in surprise when he found a familiar, no two familiar faces coming insight. 

 

"What the hell? Xiumin?!," Luhan screeched out.

"There, there, my sweet... don't be angry at me. On the contrary, you will be thanking me by the end of the day," Xiumin said with a sweet smile as he came to a stop in front of Luhan and reached out to caress the soft dirty blonde hair.

"Get me out of these or I'll kick you!," Luhan threatened.

"Aww, you wouldn't dare to do that and give a bad impression to your prince charming here, would you?," Xiumin tsked still caressing Luhan's hair as he nodded to a tall lanky guy standing a few feet away from them.

 

Luhan followed Xiumin's gaze and gasped out inaudibly. Oh Sehun. What the hell was that lad doing here? How did Xiumin even know that guy? Sure the latter was a regular customer at Xiumin's coffeeshop, but why was he here? And as if Xiumin could hear his silent thoughts, the latter gave him a wink and responded to his question.

"He's here for you,"

"What do you mean? I don't understand," Luhan blurted out confused.

"Like I said... he's here for you. Only... as your one and only bestest best friend, I can decide when to give you away and right now I am not going to hand you over like a piece of trash. You should be thanking me for that, my sweet Lu,"

 

Luhan pulled a face. Only bestest best friend? Did that word even exist in a dictionary? And how is kidnapping him and holding him captive consider as something good coming from your only bestest best friend?

 

"Yah, Xiumin, get me out of these!," Luhan cried out once again, but Xiumin ignored him with a wave of his hand as he steered Sehun to a nearby table which he hadn't noticed at first. Since when were the table and chairs over there? He must've probably missed them in his panick to get out of his bindings.

 

"You agreed on all the terms and policies, right?," Xiumin asked the other who nodded firmly.

"Remember, I do no refunds," Xiumin added, ignoring the "What the hell are you doing, Xiumin?" in the background.

"Yes, I understand. After all, you would hunt me down if I happen to even stray away from the right path," Sehun responded stiffly.

"Good. Let's begin,"

Xiumin gave Luhan a thumbsup before turning back to the other with a small package in his hand. Cards. Sehun's stoic face never let any emotion show as he waited for Xiumin to make the first move.

 

Luhan couldn't believe his eyes. He couldn't believe his one and only friend would do such a cruel thing to him. His friend was actually sitting there, in front of him with his object of affection slash person he fell in love with at first sight, playing a game of cards! What was Xiumin up to? 

 

He'd been ignored for the past half hour and was starting to get all fidgety with his body still tied up, immbolized from any movement or whatsoever. Calling out to them hadn't helped, cursing Xiumin hadn't helped either so he finally decided to stay quiet and save his beautiful voice for when he was free of his bindings and gotten his hands around Xiumin's perfect neck. He would so snap Xiumin's neck into thousand of pieces and would make sure the latter was buried somewhere six feet down earth.

 

"I win. Again. Now...," Sehun smirked triumphantly as looked up at Xiumin "...pay up,"

"You really are good for someone so young," Xiumin said with a bright smile, his cheeks glowing even in the dimly lit room. "I guess... he's all yours,"

 

Luhan's neck almost snapped upon hearing his best friend's last words. What was the other talking about? They weren't talking about him, right? He visibly gulped when both Xiumin and Sehun got up from their seats and sauntered over to him and finally towering over him.

 

"Wh-what?,"

"Lu baby, for the first time in my life I am so glad I lost a couple of rounds of poker," Xiumin announced with a wide smile. "This young man here is a good player, so I don't have any regrets losing to him. And now as promised I have to pay him-,"

 

Luhan's eyes widened in surprise and finally it downed onto him what Xiumin was talking about. He finally understood why he was there.

 

He was the payment!

 

"-I hope you will keep to your promise," Xiumin ended his sentence turning to look at the taller lad standing next to him with a knowing smile.

"Don't worry. He will be there when you get back home,"

 

A pause.

 

Then Xiumin all but turned to look at Luhan with the most happiest smile the other had ever seen. Something was wrong. Something was very wrong with Xiumin if he was havng that smile. It meant that he had something up his sleeve he certainly didn't want to know.

 

"Ok, have fun, Oh Sehun," Xiumin said and then turned Luhan. "Don't hate me after this, ok? I still want the best for you. I had to sell you in order to have what I want and most important for your own happiness!,"

 

He gave Luhan a quick peck on the cheek before sauntering away with one hand in his left pants pocket while the other hand pulled out his sunglasses, perching it perfectly on his nose and gave a lazy wave, his back still turned to the lads.

It took Luhan a full five minutes to come back to his senses. His brains were trying to process whatever just happened and when he finally realized in what kind of position he was in, he groaned in frustration. He swore he was so going to have Xiumin's body all mangled no one could identify the latter if the dead body was brought for autopsy. 

 

"Do you dislike me that much?," Sehun spoke to him for the first time since Xiumin left.

"Uh...," was the most smartest thing he could come up with and he smacked himself mentally for acting like an idiot in front of this handsome boy.

Why could he not say something intelligent when standing in front of his object of affection? How hard was it to make a few sensible words into a full sentence?

"I promised Xiumin hyung I will never hurt you," Sehun said quietly.

"What?," Luhan looked confused.

"He told me what happened. I know no one can change whatever bad things happened to you in the past, but I can assure you I can treat you more better than your first love. I can promise you that," Sehun declared with a determined look on his face.

"B-but...,"

"Don't worry. I will not judge you,"

 

For a moment, Luhan let the words sink into his head and a tiny bit of hope started to rise in his chest. Maybe he really could give it a try. After all, Xiumin would never intentionally hurt him. He could trust Xiumin with his eyes closed.

 

"Fine. But if you dare to pull that same stunt out, I swear you will never be walking around on earth,"

 

Sehun chuckled. He understood the threat. If it were someone else he would have felt intimidated, but coming from the angel in front of him, he all but felt intimidated. It was cute, seeing Luhan threaten him. He decided he liked that.

 

"Can you get me out of my confines?," Luhan suddenly asked and it was then that he realized the other was still tied up on the chair. He chuckled to himself. Xiumin had really gone this far to make him meet his angel. 

"Hmm, I think I like you where you are right now. That makes me have the upper hand and you are at a disadvantage by the time I am finished with you," Sehun grinned seductively.

"Yah!," Luhan screeched out, his cheeks flushing all red and he managed to kick Sehun's knee in reflex earning an howl of pain in the process. That should teach Sehun to be sassy.

"Get. Me. Out. Of. These. Oh. Sehun!," Luhan gritted out menacingly.

"Alright, alright, princess... give me a sec," Sehun winced out, still in pain.

His hands worked quickly on the knots and he gave a silent thanks to Xiumin for coming up with such an idea, because he was sure if Luhan wasn't tied up, Luhan would have either stormed away upon seeing them or in the process of killing them with his own bare hands for kidnapping him.

 

"Now tell me, how did you and Xiumin end up playing cards? How do you two even know each other?,"

"Hmm, he was the one who approached me first and told me about you. And we talked,"

"And?,"

"Hyung... uh... I may have accidentally said something and he thought he'd help in exchange for something," 

"How do I fit in the picture?," Luhan prodded and sighed in relief when he could finally flex his arms.

 

Sehun stood quiet, suddenly the floor looked very interesting to him.

 

"Sehun," Luhan's voice was laced with a quiet warning of death if he dared to refuse to answer.

"I told him I liked you. But there was no way I could approach you, because... because maybe you would think I am too young for you and then hyung said he had a perfect deal if I were interested. He'd pay me with you in exchange for a friend of mine,"

 

There. Sehun had finally said it. He was hoping he could keep it for himself, but Luhan looked as if he was going to murder him any time soon he decided to just spill the beans and maybe have his life extended a little bit.

 

"Then why couldn't Xiumin just introduce us?,"

"That, you have to ask him yourself,"

Luhan gave him a wary look. Although he kind of had an idea why Xiumin had done this, he just wanted to hear what Sehun had to say about it. And when the latter didn't give any signs of knowing anything, he decided he would ask Xiumin later.

 

"Okay. Fine, I'll ask later," Luhan decided.

 

Sehun gave a quick nod. Silence erupted and he had no idea what to say to Luhan now. How should he act now? Without Xiumin by his side he was afraid he would scare the other away.

He suddenly blinked in surprise when he found Luhan's face a few inches away from his albeit him having to look down to the other. He was so lost in thoughts he hadn't noticed Luhan moved closer to him. He could feel the latter's hot breath fanning his face. He gulped. Those plump lips were so inviting. He his lips unconsciously as he wondered how they would taste.

 

"You are really cute up close," Luhan murmured suddenly. "Maybe we can work out something,"

"Uh... Luhan?,"

"Maybe I really should thank Xiumin later," Luhan murmured. "After I get my hands on him," he added with an after thought as he moved away from Sehun.

 

Sehun couldn't help but chuckle in amusement. He was right. This Luhan was an amusing person. His feelings hadn't fooled him since the day he entered Xiumin's coffeeshop and accidentally set eyes on Luhan. Sehun knew he was never going to regret the decision of accepting Xiumin's odd proposal since it had actually led him to meeting his object of affection face to face.

 

"So, do you want to go somewhere with me?," Sehun finally asked.

"Yes. To Xiumin's coffeeshop so I can kill him right then and there," Luhan decided, waving an angry fist in the air.

"Uh... I think you should save it for another day, because he won't be there right now and he told me beforehand,"

"Fine. Bubbletea,"

"What?,"

"Bubbletea. I want bubbletea,"

"Ok, let's have bubbletea then," Sehun held out a hand and he couldn't contain the forming smile when Luhan placed his own smaller one in his.

Together, Luhan and Sehun exited the dark room and leisurely headed to Luhan's favorite bubbletea shop. Luhan may have built thick walls around his heart, to protect himself years ago and swore to never let anyone in, but taking the first step for Sehun, he decided it wouldn't hurt to give the latter a small chance.

 

And he hasn't been disappointed since then, because Sehun kept his words and he was glad he gave his heart another chance.

 

 

 

 

Le fin

----------

A/N:

Ah, I am finally back with another story! One-shot though. I hope you guys enjoyed reading this. I am so sorry for not having updated for a while, but I promise to update from time to time so you guys won't forget me.

Anyways, please do click on the upvote button and subscribe and don't forget to give me some feedback so I know what you guys think about my fanfics. Thank you my beloved readers!!

Anyone who wants to talk/chat/message me can follow me on twitter, livejournal