[BaekDaeJae I]

BaekYeolDaeJae

[Pet!AU. Characters: bunny! Daehyun (Keke), innocent! Baekhyun and rich! Youngjae]

Baekhyun felt really weird as he stopped in front of the shop. He never thought he would one day enter a place like that. A hybrid pets shop. 
But the thing was, he needed a company. The boy was a college student and moved to the big town recently, leaving his big family in their small farm. Baekhyun was the second oldest of six kids, and was used to living in a noisy place, where no one has the privacy to even think to their own. 
It was a big change moving to the small and silent apartment he lived in now. He had a room mate, but Baekhyun almost never saw or talked to him. He also didn't make many friends, and loneliness was attacking him.
So, he decided to have a pet. He thought a hybrid would be better than a regular one as the former would depend less on him than the latter, and also would be someone he could talk to. It sounded like a perfect plan. Until he arrived at the shop.
When the country boy heard of hybrids, his mental image was really different from that. No wonder why Baekhyun almost never saw any of them walking around. No wonder why everyone looked at him strangely when he said he wanted to buy an hybrid.
That pet shop looked like... a shop.
Baekhyun didn't know why he decided to enter the shop even so. He felt lonely, but not that kind of lonely. He wanted a friend, not a lover. But even so he entered, and let the clerk show him the place and the products. There were hybrids of all genders, sizes and species. Each dressed in ways that evoked different fantasies. Baekhyun was surprised with himself, he should be much more embarassed with that situation than he really was.
The boy turned to the left to follow the clerk to another part of the shop, when he spotted another costumer. He was looking around with a worried expression, like he didn't want anyone to see him there, but with that he made it easy for everyone to see his face. A familiar face.
"Youngjae?"
The boy froze when he heard his name. He slowly turned to the voice's owner, and sighed relieved.
"Oh, it's just you.", Youngjae said, walking to his room mate. "Could you please not say my name like this?", he added in a whisper.
"Sorry.", Baekhyun said. "What are you doing here?"
"The same as you.", Youngjae replied, looking away. "I didn't knew you were into these things..."
Baekhyun blushed.
"W-well, I didn't know you were either!"
Surprisingly, Youngjae also blushed.
"Do you know each other?", the clerk that was with Youngjae asked, curious.
"Yes, we live together.", Baekhyun innocently explained. Youngjae face palmed.
"Oh! We have a special payment plan for couples.", the clerk said. Baekhyun's face turned red again.
"N-no, no! We're not- We're just-"
"Could you please just show me that?", Youngjae said, also very embarassed. 
"Of course. I think we have exactly what you're looking for. Come with me.", the clerk said. Youngjae followed her, and Baekhyun followed them.
"Why are you coming too?", the younger boy asked, annoyed.
"I don't even know...", Baekhyun replied. But the clerk that was helping him left and he didn't want to be alone in that place.
The clerk opened the door and showed a room with three hybrids. A catboy with black ears layed on the ground completely , a big scar crossing his chest and belly and many smaller recent bruises covering his body. The only sign of life in him was the constant movement of his chest. Beside him sat a puppygirl, with her hands tied behind her back and a plastic mask covering her face. She wore a big white shirt, almost transparent, that showed very well her defined curve. She looked at the three humans with a hateful face.
Sitting at the farthest corner from the door was a bunny hybrid with light brown hair and pink ears. It had his back facing the door and wore what seemed to be female black leather underwear, except that the "bra" had long sleeves. Her back looked to have been whipped many times, and she just stayed in that position since the door was opening, not moving.
"These are the ones who will be sacrificed.", the clerk explained. The puppygirl rolled her eyes, the bunnygirl started shaking and the catboy seemed to let out a pain sound.
"Why?", Baekhyun asked.
"This one here bites.", she pointed to the puppygirl. "And those two were thrown away or returned by their owners. No one buys hybrids like them."
Baekhyun looked again at the trio, feeling bad for them.
"I think Keke matches what you want.", the clerk said to Youngjae, pointing to the bunny girl. "Want to take at look at it?"
The boy nodded. 
The clerk walked to where the bunnygirl, Keke, was and softly touched her shoulder, whispering something. She turned to the boys, not standing from her sitting position. They soon understood why. One of her legs was twisted in a weird way, certainly broken.
Keke's cheeks were covered by both dried and wet new tears. Her eyes were swollen and red, as was her nose. Her face was cute, but there was so much sadness and pain in it that it was hard to notice anything else.
"I think it fits your description perfectly, right, Mr. Youngjae?", the clerk said. 
Said boy was frozen, his own eyes filling with tears as he stared at Keke's fearful ones. He barely managed to find his voice to reply a faint "yes".
"I will contact the lab to see if there are any similars avaliable. If there's not, we can always order a clone. It's a little more expensive but...", she kept talking but any of them was listening to her.
Youngjae felt his heart sinking in guilt, unable to pay attention to the important words the clerk said.
Baekhyun was almost hypnotised. He couldn't stop looking at the bunnygirl. She was also looking at him, her beautiful eyes asking for help, any help.
"I want to buy her!", Baekhyun said, without even thinking. That brought Youngjae back to reality.
"What?! No way, I will buy him!"
"Uh, it's not possible.", the clerk said. "None of these are for sale. We can find a similar or order a clone, but this one-"
"I want this one!", both boys exclaimed at the same time, scaring the hybrid.
"It's better to your shop to sell him than to sacrifice him. Just tell the price and I will pay it.", Youngjae said. "You can find a similar for that guy.", he added, pointing to Baekhyun.
"No way! I will buy her!", Baekhyun said. He didn't trust Youngjae, he just seemed to be a ert and he wouldn't let a ert have Keke. And what's with calling her a "him"? That guy just could be sick.
"I- I will see if it's possible.", the clerk said. "Excuse me.", she said, quickly leaving. She didn't want to be in the middle of a couple fight.
Youngjae's opinion about Baekhyun at that moment wasn't much different of Baekhyun's opinion of him. He glared at the older boy that in return glared at him too. 
In the middle of it was Keke, hugging her legs and still crying. She felt the tense atmosphere and was afraid the two would blame her for their fight when they ended it. She lowered her face, sobbing more.
Hearing the sound, Youngjae stopped staring at his roommate to look at the hybrid, taken by guilt again.
"Do you-"
"I have good news.", interrupted the clerk's voice. "I talked to the boss, and he agreed to sell it to you."
"Great!", both Youngjae and Baekhyun said at the same time. 
"Sorry, Byun, but I will buy him.", Youngjae said.
"Like I'm letting it!"
"Uh, would you like to see the price?", the clerk asked.
"Yes.", the two said, again at the same time. She showed them a paper.
The two boys' eyes grew big. None of them had that much money.
But Youngjae then remembered something.
"Didn't you mention early an special payment plan for couples?"

The clerk called a vet to take care of Keke's leg (no one bothered to do it before). The boys signed the purchase contract and went back to the room to watch her. 
"You know... ", Youngjae said. "By the way, Keke is male."
"What?", Baekhyun replied, shocked. "She's not!"
Youngjae pointed at Keke and Baekhyun noticed that, indeed, there seemed to be something... big inside the the hybrid wore.
Youngjae laughed as his roommate kept blinking, as if that would make what he saw disappear. 
Keke noticed that he was being stared and was visibly uncomfortable. That made Baekhyun stop.
"Sorry.", he whispered to the bunnyg- bunnyboy.
Youngjae walked to the hybrid and kneeled down near him. Baekhyun just watched him.
"Do you remember me?"
Keke looked at his face for a while before slowly shaking his head. He immediately lowered his head again.
"It's okay... It's not like you have anything good to remember. I am... the son of your previous owner."
Keke raised his head and studied the human's face again, his eyes growing and his own face shocked as the hybrid recognized him.
"Y-young master Youngjae?"
The boy nodded.
"Sorry for taking so long.", he said.
The bunnyboy hugged him, crying and smiling at the same time.
"You kept your word..."
Baekhyun just watched them, an annoying feeling growing inside of him. He felt left out and he hated. The boy cleared his throat, calling the other two's attention.
"Uh, remember that sh- I mean, he is also mine.", the older boy said.
Youngjae brought the bunnyboy closer to him, then turned to Baekhyun.
"If you give time, I can pay you back what you spent today."
"What if I don't want it?", Baekhyun said. He didn't fail to notice Keke hiding his face in Youngjae's chest. 'He is afraid of me...'
"I can-"
"Was it your father who did this to him?", Baekhyun interrupted him to ask, pointing to Keke's leg. Youngjae nodded, his face full of pain.
"And now you will treat him the same way?", Baekhyun said, more stating than asking. Keke started shaking.
"No!", Youngjae almost shouted at Baekhyun. "No", he repeated, in a soft whisper to the bunnyboy. "I would never do something like that."
The hybrid soon relaxed in Youngjae's arms.
"Ever since I first found out what my father did to him I've always wanted to take him away from there."
Baekhyun doubted him at first, but it would took one look for him to know it was true. The way Youngjae looked at Keke, the way protective way he held him... And how the hybrid seemed to feel comfortable and safe with him.
Baekhyun noticed he envied it.
"Keke has already been through too much. Please, don't hurt him more. I will do anything, anything you want."
Baekhyun smiled.
"When I came to this shop, my intention was to find a new friend. I don't have any bad intentions with him."
"Really?", Youngjae asked. He wouldn't trust Keke's safety to someone he barely knew so easily, but Baekhyun... There was something in him that gave a good feeling to the younger boy. Besides, when Youngjae thought better, Baekhyun seemed to be too innocent to do anything against the hybrid.
"Yes.", Baekhyun nodded.
Keke looked at him, a total stranger to him, and without knowing very well why he smiled. Baekhyun noticed he had a beautiful smile.
"I-I would love to be your friend... Master.", the bunnyboy said.
Baekhyun smiled brightly.
"I'm sure we will be good friends. And you don't need to call me 'master'."
Keke looked at Youngjae, who nodded.
"You don't need to call me either.", he said, smiling. "Let's all be good friends!"
He looked at Baekhyun and a light blush appeared on his face. Baekhyun found it cute and blushed too.
Keke realized the meaning of Youngjae's words and giggled, the sound something that could make the two boys' hearts melt.
None of them would feel lonely anymore.