[ChanBaekDaeJae I]

BaekYeolDaeJae

[ Characters: girl! Daehyun, girl! Baekhyun, cute! Youngjae and scary! Chanyeol ]

 

Youngjae never expected to be in that situation. Never.
The intimidatingly tall guy stared at him, his eyes almost burning holes on the younger boy. Youngjae did his best to avoid looking at him, but it was hard when he was being stared like that, not to mention they were sitting facing each other.
Beside the tall guy sat his girlfriend, a short and cute girl. She looked like the opposite of the guy to Youngjae. For two reasons he didn't look more at her, the first one her not friendly boyfriend, and the second the awkwardness of the situation that brought the four there. 
That's right, four. Beside Youngjae sat his girlfriend Dae, currently eating her burger like there's no tomorrow, something the boy always mentioned to be not the smallest bit feminine of her. It's not like Dae cared. She was very concentrated eating, not noticing how uncomfortable her boyfriend was, how angry the other guy, Chanyeol seemed to be or how shy Baek was acting. Nothing in the world existed besides her burger.
Until Youngjae cleares his throat, calling her back to reality. A very, very weird and awkward reality for the boy. Dae looked up from her food and turned to her boyfriend, a confused look on her face. 
Just then she noticed she was the only one eating and how tense the atmosphere was. 
"What am I doing here...", Chanyeol said in an annoyed tone. 
"What? You're here because me and Baek kisses, of course.", Dae said, some ketchup off her fingers, like it was the most natural thing in the world. Baek's face turned completely red, her face showing how much she wanted a hole to appear above her and swallow her to the depths of hell, where she surely was going to someday. Youngjae wouldn't mind making her company if that meant he would wake up in a place where nothing of that was real.
Youngjae never thought there was anything wrong in two girls kissing. Hell no, he even watched some(maybe many) videos of it when he was younger, an hormonal teenager. But now one of the girls was his girlfriend, his cute and funny and straight (at least he thought) beloved Dae. There was definitely something wrong there. 
He felt betrayed. He felt deceived. He felt used. He felt like crying and screaming and even slapping- no. Not that, he would never hit a girl, never
His heart hurt, a lot. Closing his eyes, he asked why.
"I told you, it just happened.", Dae said, not noticing or just ignoring how hurt Youngjae was. That was the worst part for him, how the girl acted like there was nothing wrong with that. How she casually told him it. How she kept complimenting everything about Baek. How she dared to ask him to that meeting, to that craziness.
Did she even still considered Youngjae as her boyfriend? Was there still a place in her heart where he belonged? He didn't know anymore.
"You know... Me and Baek are engaged.", Chanyeol said, his eyes showing how hurt he was. Youngjae felt sympathy for the scary boy. They were on the same boat.
"I know", Dae replied in the same tone she used before.
"Sorry...", Baek said, the first thing she said since the four meet there. "I shouldn't have asked you this, it was a crazy idea. I'm sorry, Chanyeol, let's go home!", she took her boyfriend's hand, but he let go of her.
"It's not like you own her.", Dae said. "If you want to go, just leave!", she sounded really annoyed.
"Stop, Dae! I love him!", Baek said. "I don't even know why I accepted this."
"Because you want me too.", Dae replied. "Because you love me too."
Baek just closed her eyes, lowering her face. A low word left Chanyeol's lips. Youngjae couldn't hear it but he was sure it was something like "". In other situation He wouldn't even think before defending his girlfriend, but... Was her even his girlfriend? He knew a part of him was calling her the same thing Chanyeol just did.
"I'm not giving you up.", Dae said.
"I don't want to lose Chanyeol.", Baek replied.
"I never asked you this."
"Are you really asking my permission for Baek to cheat on me with you?", Chanyeol said, unbelieving. Baek had already explained the crazy idea(that was Dae's) before they went there, but he still couldn't believe it.
"It's not cheating if you know it.", Dae said.
"And what does your boyfriend thinks of it?", Chanyeol asked.
"He accepts it.", Dae said.
"I do?", Youngjae asked. Sighing, he got up and left. There was no point in trying to hold on something that didn't exist anymore. It was better to let it go.
To his surprise, Dae followed him, and held his hand. 
"Stop Youngjae! Wait!"
"Why?", he stopped and turned to her. "It's obvious you don't want to be with me anymore, Daehyun. You don't need to pretend you still care", he said with teary eyes. Jung Daehyun was his first and only love, but he had to learn how to live without her.
"Stupid! If I didn't want to be with you I would just say so!", she said, crossing her arms.
"Stop this Dae..."
"No, stop this you! Why do you always jump to conclusions?! I love you, Youngjae."
"Liar. Why were you saying you love that girl then?"
"Because I do.", Dae said with a soft smile.
"You're contradicting yourself.", Youngjae bitterly said.
"I'm not. Can't I love both?", Dae asked. Youngjae didn't reply. "I'm sorry. I know this might be hard for you, but please give me a chance. I will prove you that I can, that I do."
"Why can't everything go back to how it was?", Youngjae asked, a tear finally falling.
"Nothing between us will change, I promise.", Dae said. "I still love you the same way I did when we first met."
Youngjae wanted to say no and leave. He wanted to go away and never see her again. But he loved Dae so much, and the truth was that he didn't want to be without her.
So, going against all rational thought and commom sense, he said:
"Okay. I will give you a chance.", and with these words he followed her back to the table, were they found a crying couple.
"You're asking too much from me", Chanyeol whispered to Baek. 
"Sorry Channie. If it's more than you can handle you can tell me, and I promise I will put an end to this. But please, give it a chance. I promise I will never stop loving you.", Baek said, and you could see her honesty in her eyes. Chanyeol hesitated before slowly nodding. 
Baek leaned her head, approaching her boyfriend to a kiss. But before their lips met a voice interrupted them.
"So it seems everything is-", Dae couldn't finish her sentence as Youngjae coveres her big mouth his hand.
"Please, pretend we're not here.", the boy said. But of course it was too late. Instead of going back to the kiss, Chanyeol got up and stared at Dae.
"You better behave, and don't try to do anything behind my back. And you", he pointed to Youngjae, directing his stare at him. "Keep away from my Baek!"
"I-I will...", Youngjae replied. "And you stay away from my Dae."
"Deal."
Dae used Youngjae's moment of distraction to slip away from him and walk to her now girlfriend, that was giggling despite still having her face covered by tears.
"Want to continue from where we stopped last night?", Baek asked, her seductive tone much different from the sweet and shy one she used with Chanyeol.
Dae blushed slightly. Byun Baekhyun was the only person who could make mighty Jung Daehyun blush. The older girl took that as an yes and attacked the other's lips.
The boys turned at the two and they agreed, that was awkward. It seemed they would be agreeing on a lot of things from now on.
Youngjae still felt jealous seeing that, but when the girls parted, when he saw the smile on Dae's face, he couldn't not feel happy for her.
Maybe that wouldn't be too bad.