A sense of comfort

Stargazer

"Moonlight drowns out all but the brightest stars" 

-J.R.R Tolkien 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

When Luhan finally woke up the following morning, he at first didn't recognize his surroundings. And he certainly didn't recognize the unpleasant feeling he had in his stomach. 

 

 

 

"W-what's this? Why doesn't it feel empty? Did I eat-" 

 

 

 

Memories from the evening before flooded his mind, as he remembered how he had sat at the kitchen table with Xiumin, crying and forcing spoonful upon spoonful into his mouth. How he then had begun to panic and how Xiumin had been there to calm him down.  

 

 

 

And how Xiumin had kissed him and he had kissed him back... 

 

 

 

He would've blushed at the thought, but at that moment he also remembered that since he had fallen asleep next to Xiumin, he hadn't had the opportunity to go and get all of the food out again. 

 

 

 

And his stomach was slowly and painfully twisting at the thought. 

 

 

 

As if he was having a really bad stomach-pain, Luhan curled himself into a ball and began to let out small whining noises at the disgusting feeling in his stomach. He just wanted to run to the bathroom and puke it all out. 

 

 

 

But he had made a promise to Xiumin... 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Luhan? Lulu are you awake? Is everything alright?" 

 

 

 

As Luhan heard Xiumin calling out to him, he tried to answer, but all that came out was another whine, as his stomach twisted once again. 

 

 

 

"Luhannie?" Xiumin's head peeked in from behind the bedroom door, and as he spotted Luhan, he quickly dashed over to his side, sitting down on the bed beside the little ball Luhan had curled himself into. 

 

 

 

"Luhan what's wrong?" He gently  Luhan's hair out of his face, trying to get his boyfriend(?) to look at him. 

 

 

 

"X-xiumin. It hurts..." Another strain to his stomach made Luhan curl into himself even tighter, holding onto his stomach for dear life. Xiumin noticed. 

 

 

 

"Your stomach hurts?" All he got was a small nod in reply, and another whine from Luhan. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Carefully moving his hand, Xiumin slowly s his hand past Luhan's arms and found a spot on his stomach which Luhan hadn't covered with his arms. Moving his hand in a small circular motion, he rubbed Luhan's stomach gently, as his mother had often done to him when he was a child and had an upset stomach. 

 

 

 

Luhan was still curled up and whined about, but his arms slowly loosened up around himself as Xiumin's hand worked it's magic on his stomach. The small action provided Luhan with a sense of comfort, a feeling that he wasn't alone anymore. Because now, Xiumin was here with him. 

 

 

 

Xiumin smiled softly as Luhan began to uncurl from his own little prison, reminding him of a kitten who woke up from sleep after being petted. Luhan's position slowly changed until he was completely lying on his back, arms up by his head and legs straight. His shirt had ridden up to reveal what Xiumin though was a very cute, but also way too skinny stomach. Luhan didn't seem to have noticed though, as he was too lost in the comfort Xiumin provided, and the sigh of content that he let out didn't go unnoticed by Xiumin. 

 

 

 

"Does that feel good Lulu?" He kept on rubbing Luhan's tummy, and he secretly thought that he could do this all day. 

 

 

 

"Mmm... Your hand is so soft and warm. It's feels nice". Xiumin smiled down at Luhan, giggling on the inside at how cute and adorable Luhan was like this.  

Still, he was sad that he now had to break this peaceful moment for Luhan, and it must've shown on his face because Luhan's eyes immediately showed concern. 

 

 

 

 

"What's wrong Xiumin? You stopped smiling all of a sudden..." 

 

 

 

"Nothing's wrong Luhan, it's just... You look like you're having such a happy moment right now and I have to ruin that for you". Luhan looked at him with a questioning look, before he realized what Xiumin was talking about. 

 

 

 

"It's time for breakfast, isn't it...?" 

 

 

 

Sensing how Luhan tensed up, Xiumin lied down next to him and brought him in close to his chest, feeling Luhan tremble ever so slightly. 

 

 

 

"You don't have to be afraid Luhan. I'll be there with you just like yesterday, and we eat together. When we're done, we'll watch a movie to try and keep your mind focused on something okay?" 

 

 

 

He barely felt Luhan nod against his chest, but since he knew he wasn't going to get any other kind of reply, he then helped Luhan stand up from the bed and led him to the kitchen. 

 

 

 

As he sat Luhan down by the table, he  felt so guilty all of a sudden. Because Luhan's face showed nothing but despair and how much he wanted to get away from the situation he was in right now. Not being able to stand it, Xiumin once again hugged the boy, squatting in front of his chair and letting Luhan lean on his shoulder. 

 

 

 

"It will all be fine Luhan. You'll see that everything will turn out just fine. I'm here, and I'm not going anywhere. I'm not trying to hurt you by doing this, I just want you to get better because I can't stand seeing you like this. You know that, don't you Luhan? You know I'm only trying to help you right? You don't think badly of me or hate me for doing this right?" 

 

 

 

Now it was Luhan's turn to feel guilty. How could Xiumin ever think that Luhan would hate him for helping him? He was so incredibly thankful and he wanted Xiumin to know that. But eating and keeping it down, wasn't an easy task... 

 

 

 

"Of course I don't hate you Xiu. It's just so hard to do all of this, and that's why I cry so much and look sad all the time. But I'm also happy because I have you with me now. You make me happy Xiumin, and that's why I want to get better. I want to be able to out on a date with you and eat at a café or a restaurant, or to just cook a home-made meal and eat it together. I want to do all of those things with you and only you Xiumin". 

 

 

 

Pulling away from LuhanXiumin gently held him by the chin as he kissed him, slowly and with as much affection as he could put into it. When they both pulled back, Xiumin looked Luhan in the eye and then lowered his gaze shyly, shaking his head. 

 

 

 

"Dear god I'm falling for you already". A sudden pressure on his head made him look up at Luhan, who was looking at him with and equal amount om adoration in his teary eyes. 

 

 

 

"I'm falling in love with you too Xiumin. I like you so much". 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Eating breakfast took 45 minutes, but in the end, Luhan managed to eat the entire sandwich with eggs, ham and lettuce. He even managed to down a small bowl of yoghurt. 

 

 

 

But even if it was painful to watch Luhan eat so agonizingly slow with the occasional tears streaming down his cheeks, it was the aftermatch which was the worst. 

 

 

 

They were now situated on the couch, with Luhan half-way into Xiumin's lap, once again curled up as a ball and letting out small cried and pitiful whines. 

 

 

 

Xiumin didn't know what he should do. He had put on a movie in order to try and distract Luhan, but he had quickly realized that taking Luhan's mind of all the food he had just eaten, wasn't that easy. Luhan's mind wasn't easily fooled, and the voices in his head had tried everything to make Luhan get back to his usual routine. When that didn't work, Luhan's own body turned against him, making his stomach twist and turn uncomfortably. It was painful for Luhan, but it was also extremely painful to just watch. 

 

 

 

 

 

Xiumin was busy trying to think of a way to distract Luhan, when a hand came up to grab his own. Looking down at the boy in his lap, he was met by Luhan's pleading eyes. 

 

 

 

"What is it Lulu? Scared? Does it still hurt a lot?" 

 

 

 

Luhan just nodded, but then pulled Xiumin's hand down further, placing it on his upset stomach. 

 

 

 

"W-will you do what you did this morning? It made me feel better..." Xiumin smiled for the first time in over an hour, and softly began to rub circles onto Luhan's stomach, who visibly relaxed after a couple of rubs. 

 

 

 

"Does that feel alright?" 

 

 

 

Luhan just nodded and snuggled his face into Xiumin's tummy, enjoying the warmth which oozed from Xiumin's body and the comfort his hand gave him. The warmth slowly brought all the pain away from his body, as he began to snooze off in Xiumin's lap. Soon, he was sound asleep. 

 

 

 

As Xiumin rubbed Luhan's stomach (and chuckled silently at how cute Luhan was snuggling into him like this) he after a while realized that Luhan's breathing had evened out completely, and that he was now completely relaxed as he lay there in his lap. Looking down, he smiled as he saw Luhan lost in dreamland, looking peaceful for the first time since Xiumin had comforted him that morning. 

 

 

 

 

Even though Luhan was already asleep, Xiumin still kept on giving his stomach some comfort, hoping that it'd help Luhan have a good nap. Hopefully by the time he woke up, the voices in his head would've stopped bothering him and they'd be able to watch a movie or do something fun together before lunch. Or if Luhan wanted to continue on cuddling that was fine too. Xiumin liked it, and as long as Luhan was happy, he'd do anything he asked. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

A/N: I'm sorry that it's so short (_   _) I've been meaning to update this story for so long, but I didn't know how to do it. Leaving this story for two months wasn't in my plans... 

 

Hope you liked the fluffy chapter anyway. Now I'm off to writing some more updates for my other stories! I'll try to update soon!