41 Days

Last Wish

Don't forget.

Forget? Forget what? Woohyun thought. With eyes closed, Woohyun's chest raced with a mysterious anxiety, churning and throbbing as his blood boiled. The feeling of discomfort increased, sweat dripping from his forehead, Woohyun's eyes bulged as he awoke. His lips mimicked his eyes, widening, gasping for air as he tried to steady his breath. "What the hell was that? Did I have a nightmare?" 

Getting up in slow motion, his body felt weighted with some kind of force pushing him back down every time he tried to stand. Grimacing, Woohyun sighed as he ruffled his hair, standing in one quick motion. "Oh god, I feel like I got wasted or something..." Leaving his room, he sighed as he noticed the silence again, there was no one to greet him good morning. 

It's been a month now. A month since that happened. Infinite seemed to disappear off the face of the planet. Dongwoo was still locked up, Hoya and Sungjong were still practicing, Myungsoo and Sungyeol were still gone... What was Infinite now? Fans were still everywhere. The press had begun to drone away, occupied with some other fascinating, money-making news, rather than stalk every move of infinite members. It was a sad time that Woohyun had never imagined. He was standing alone in the dark with five other infinite members; previously, it was a darkness only Sunggyu could prevent. He was their light. 

Infinite was actually meant to have a new album coming up but, with such an occasion, it's been delayed. However, they all knew it wasn't possible to promote it. Sunggyu's parts were already almost completely recorded, what were they to do? Get rid of all his parts? Or keep them? And even then, who was to sing Sunggyu's parts onstage? It was a decision that couldn't be made.

Taking out a bowl of cereal, Woohyun slumped onto a chair, legs screeching as he pushes it against the kitchen tiles. 

"Don't do that! You'll scratch the tiles!" He could almost hear the leader say. A soft smile fell upon his lips, oh how he missed that voice, how he missed teasing the leader, hearing him get angry. He missed everything. Exhaling gently, he picked up a pick of cereal, examining the coloured piece of sugar before popping it in his lips. "Who eats cereal without milk? You're missing out!"

"I do. Naega. Namstar. Nam Woohyun!" Woohyun scoffed, speaking aloud. It wasn't like anyone was there to judge him. There was no one anymore.

"Urgh, you make me want to puke." Woohyun could see it now; the image of Sunggyu puffing his cheeks and sticking out his tongue was still fresh in his mind. His finger twitched as he craved the feeling of Sunggyu's cheeks, always wanting to squish them whenever the leader would pout.

"Well, deal with it. This is the best way to eat cereal!" He smiled, cheeks twitching at the nostalgic feeling, leaning onto his fist, he pushed the bowl of cereal forward.

"Are you sure?"  The voice seemed to resonate, disappearing like bubbles at the pace they came, gentle and into thin air.

"Of course! When does Nam Woohyun ever lie?" His smile became lopsided as he stares ahead at the seat before him.

"Eyy, I'm going to tie that to you in case you forget!" Woohyun's heart thumped. Something was off. Something was too familiar than it should be. He was sure he just heard this line.

"I won't." Picking up a piece of cereal between his fingers, he leans slightly forward. "Here. Try it."

"Hmph, don't forget!" Sunggyu stayed the way he was. Moving even more forward, Woohyun tilted his head and sighed, dropping the piece of cereal back into the bowl. What was he doing? "Hyun! Don't forget! You only have 41 days!" Sunggyu's voice rang through his head, fresh and loud as if the leader was standing right beside him, yelling at him to get up.

"4-41 days? Until what? To do what?" Woohyun clutched the sides of his head, beginning to remember. It was in a dream. Sunggyu told him this in a dream. It may have just been in a dream but, he remembered that he made a promise to Sunggyu. 

"Please, Woohyun, I need you to help me pass on! Fulfill my wish! Find a way to break the bracelet!" However, his memory was cut short. What was the wish? Thinking back, Woohyun remembered the bracelet, standing in a bolt, he raced to his room, fumbling through his things before he found bracelet, still intact with its coloured strings and beads, Woohyun gripped the band in his hand.

"It's a new trend! You make it yourself, saying your wish over and over as you tie the beads together like so. And when it breaks, that means your wish has come true!"

41 days. How was he suppose to figure out what Sunggyu was wishing for and fulfill it in 41 days?