60 Seconds

Last Wish

"What is that?" Woohyun asked, grabbing Sunggyu's wrist. Loosely tied around the thin pale wrist was a bracelet, a band made up of colourful strings, twisted and plaited, bound together by a irrevocable knot. Between the plaits, Woohyun twisted the wrist as he noticed there were seven different coloured beads embedded into the knots. It seemed childish and homemade. Twisting the corner of his lip, Woohyun snapped his wrist, jerking away Sunggyu's. 

"Hey! That was mean!" Sunggyu whined as he soothed himself, checking if the bracelet was damaged at all. Woohyun scoffed as he flung himself back, sinking into the couch the two were situated on, body instantly relaxing as he sank into the soft velvet.

"Hyung, don't wear that out, yeah?" He looked straight ahead, arms crossed.

"Why?" Sunggyu arched his eyebrow, leaning down towards Woohyun. His chin almost rested on Woohyun's shoulder, hovering precariously, a lump formed in Woohyun's throat as he examined Sunggyu. Eyes flitted, his eye lashes trembled, curious. His soft pink lips glistened in the light. With strands loose in front of his eyes, Woohyun was almost urged to push them away so he can drown in his deep brown eyes. The dark hair contrasted and only achieved to highlight his creamy white skin. his lips at the proximity, Woohyun turned away before he was about to do something he knew would be totally wrong. Blinking a few times, he returned to reality.

"You know, you don't want fans knowing about your relationship."

"Eh? Sunggyu-hyung is in a relationship?" Sungjong exclaimed, coming out from the bathroom, hair still soaking wet. The two elders stared at the youngest, surprised by how much the boy has aged since debut, black hair prominently displaying it.

"Well, how else do you explain the couple bracelet?" Woohyun sighed. "I'm disappointed you didn't tell me first, hyung, I thought we were the closest out of Infinite." Sunggyu stared at him for a second before his expression softened, eyes drooping a bit at the ends. His lips twitched, forcing a thin smile before the ends fell down once more.

"Aish!" Sunggyu groaned, hitting Woohyun playfully on the shoulder. The touch seemed so forceful but surprisingly felt quite weak. "It's not a couple bracelet! And of course, I would tell you first!" 

"Ey? Then what is it?" 

"It's hmm, how to explain. It's a new trend! You make it yourself, saying your wish over and over as you tie the beads together like so." He stopped as he raised his wrist in front of Woohyun's eyes. "And when it breaks, that means your wish has come true!"

"Pft, that's dumb. How can you believe in those kinds of things," Woohyun scoffed, lightly pushing Sunggyu's hand out of the way. Sunggyu's smile fell, getting up with a cold look.

"Well, I suppose... Maybe you should take it then." He ripped the bracelet off, somehow managing to still keep it intact, he threw it at Woohyun and strode off, slamming the door behind him.

"That idiot." Woohyun whispered, looking at the bracelet on his lap. Sungjong sighed and continued drying his hair.

"You shouldn't be too rough on him. He's been a bit sick lately..."

"Whatever, he's still an idiot for believing in this!" Woohyun grabbed the bracelet and went back to his room.

 

"That idiot! He's an idiot! I hate him! That idiot! Pabo!" Woohyun cried, as he tried pushing past the managers, arms reaching at the paramedic. His screams scratched at his throat, erupting after one after as they left his lips. The members were the same. All of them wept and screamed bloody that night. The day Sunggyu died was only the beginning of the infinite tears.

 

"Breaking news! Kim Sunggyu, lead vocalist and leader of kpop boy band, INFINITE, has passed away at approximately 11:32pm, on 16th of XX month, 20XX. The leader, reported to have been ill was crossing the road with a fever of 38.4 degrees, leading him to not notice the oncoming car. Fans as well as Infinite are to be gathered in the following week for his memorial. We shall keep you updated, South Korea, goodbye and goodnight." Woohyun groaned as he switched off the tv, lying on the floor because he couldn't bear to sit on the couch. His eyes were still sore, swollen and red from his ever lasting tears. What was infinite to do now? They honestly did not know. 

60 seconds. That's all it took to end a life. That's all it took to change Infinite forever.