Three

His Voice

"His name is Junhong, but people call him Zelo. What kind of name is Zelo? It's stupid. And he's really tall. Don't most people think tall guys and short girls make the best couples?" Hyemin rambled on and on about her "soulmate." Jihyun, being the good friend she was, listened and made comments where it was necessary. 

"Are you sure he's the one though? And doesn't he already have a girlfriend? What is he supposed to do with her?" Jihyun asks, taking a sip of her bubble tea. Hyemin snorted. "I'm not you, Jihyun. I have nunchi, while you do not [A/N: it's a common Korean phrase that means a person has quick wit/common sense]."

The other girl feigned hurt. "That hit me right in the heart, man." She threw in a sniff for good measures before bursting into laughter. Hyemin joined. "But really, I thought you told me he had a girlfriend," Jihyun said after recovering from her laughing fit. She leaned back against the park bench. 

"He does, but he said he's going to talk to her and call me later. Should I be worried? I'm so sure that he's the one though," Hyemin pursed her lips together tightly. All was silent for a second. Then, her ringtone sounded. She quickly pulled her phone out of her pocket and nearly squealed when she saw the caller ID before answering the call. "Yes?" 

"Uh-huh."

"Oh. Okay."

"It's fine."

"Okay bye." 

Her face dropped. "He said..."
Jihyun leaned closer in anticipation for her answer. "He said that he thinks he should stay with his current girlfriend," she mumbled. Hyemin didn't know why, but she felt as if the world was collapsing around her. "He really felt like the one. I swear there was something special about him."

"Aw, sweetie, you haven't even known him for a day. Just get over it." The girl sighed and glumly took a sip of her friend's bubble tea. "I guess..."

--

"No... NO. NO! This is not how things are supposed to go! Choi Junhong, that other girl doesn't even like you! Can't you see?! Ugh." A man raged as he watched the scene from above. "Now, Sejin you know that they will end up together eventually. Be patient," Cupid scolded lightly. "I know, teacher, but their progress is too slow for me to handle. We control human kind's fate, and I sent multiple mental messages to Choi Junhong telling him that Park Hyemin is THE ONE. But still, he didn't listen!" Sejin groaned and covered his face. 

"It is true we control their fate, but that does not mean that what we plan will always work out. If we were walking among humans, it would be much easier for our plan to work, but no one has ever done so successfully," Cupid's expression turned solemn. "To think of how many love angles we have lost to the human world..." 

Sejin looked up, his eyes bright. "Human world... My plan could go right! Teacher, I will be departing to the human world. Please, if you oh so kindly could feed my goldfish for me while I am away. Goodbye." He stood from his desk and walked away with a newfound skip in his step. Cupid sighed and shook his head. "He's not going to make it out alive."