The Last Shot.

My First Love

"It was a gloomy day for Korea's Business World as the President and owner of Hotel Pentagon, Carmen Yoon or better known as Madame Yoon, passed away this morning. It was reported that Mrs. Yoon suffered from a serious illness early this year. She was known to the conglomerate world because of her numerous foundations."

Sora was covering in surprised. She didn't expect that the madame will go this early. She seems fine and healthy since she last saw her. Wait, that's about 5 years already. She stopped thinking when her phone rang.

"Yobohseyo?" she asked half heartedly.

"Sora-ya, it's me." It was Park Haejin on the other line. "Did you saw the news just now?"

"Ne."

"I-I was surprised as well."

"Sunbae, can you go with me? I have to pay respect to the person who brought me wherever I am right now." Sora said.

"Sure. I'll pick you up."

 

The room and the hall was filled with flowers as Yoo Seungho stared at his mother's picture. She was smiling brightly and beautifully, as she always does. What happened was heart breaking and he can't believed that he's all alone now, that his mother left him already.

He felt a tapped on his shoulder and there he saw Henry Lau and Kim Jiwon. He smiled bitterly as they pulled him to eat with them.

"Ya, you should atleast eat! You're a lot skinnier today." Kim Jiwon put a rice on his bowl.

"You're getting bone-y." Henry added.

"Henry-yah, Jiwon-ah, gomawo." he said and forced a smile. From his seat, he saw this woman wearing a black dress stepped in. It's been five years since he last saw her but his heart's beat felt the same way as it did before whenever he sees her.

"Oh, it's Park Haejin seonsangnim and Kang Sora seonsangnim!" Henry was about to call them when Jiwon pulled his arm to stop them. She looked at Seungho meaningfully.

"Ya, why are you still sitting there? I know you're waiting for this time." Jiwon said. "Go and talk to her. You're not her student anymore."

But Seungho just smiled and bowed his head.

 

After the funeral, Seungho came back to work. It's his way of coping plus he feels more sad and lonely at home with his big, empty and silent house. But still, the thought of seeing his first love bugged him.

For five long years, she didn't look for her. Finding her is easy but he didn't. It wasn't because he doesn't want to but because he couldn't do. After realizing that her father passed away because of him and his mother treating her unfairly in the past stopped him from doing so.

"CEO Yoo, what do you think of our proposal?"

"Huh?" He immediately looked at the white board. He got carried away by his thoughts that he forgot that they were discussing about the Hotel Pentagon's commercial. As he looked at the presentation, he got dizzy and all he could see were words such as girl. meet. first love. Though he wasn't sure about it, he agreed and signed the contract with the marketing staffs. The staffs left, leaving him alone in the conference room.

"CEO Yoo Seungho."

Seungho turned back to see Atty. Jang behind him. He was their family's lawyer and the one who made the necessary transfers.

"This." he handed him a box. "Madame Yoon wanted me to give this to you."

Seungho opened the box.

"A flash drive?" He asked himself and put this on his laptop. He saw a lot of files but what caught his attention was a video file in it. He opened it and surprised to see his mother.

"Seungho-ah, it's omma. I recorded this myself, am I pretty?" She said making Seungho bursted into tears. "There's a lot of things that I wanted to tell you. The first thing is, I love you son. Thank you for being strong when omma isn't. Thank you for fighting this battle with me but I am sorry for I can't fight anymore. But son, make sure to find Kang Sora-sshi for me."

His heart skipped at the sound of her name.

"I know she's a good influence to you. Please tell her I'm sorry for hurting her and thank her for me because she brought out the best person in you. Seungho-yah, I know you still love her and how devastated you become when she left. Forgive yourself because you're not the reason why her dad died. She has a good heart, I know she understands that."

 

Seungho thought about what his mother said until he found himself driving to Ilsan. Based on what Haejin told him, Sora was teaching in high school there.

He felt his hand shake as fear crept him. His cellphone was ringing non stop but he somewhat felt deaf, hearing only his heart as it thumps fast.

He pulled his car over and walked inside the school. It was nerve-wrecking but he was really excited to see his first love. His heart longed to see her for so long.

There she was. Standing in the flat form, teaching her students.

"The best thing she wanted to do." Seungho whispered as he smiled by himself. His first love didn't change at all, except for she lost some weight that made her look youthful and younger at her age. Her hair grew longer too.

"Ahjussi, do you have some business here?" A male, tall high school student tapped Seungho's shoulder. His voice was loud that it gathered the attention of the class and it's teacher, Kang Sora.

"Aissh! Keep quiet!" He looked back at Sora but her eyes were already big and they were staring at him. "Ya! I'm a hyung! Hyung!" He said before running back to his car.

 

"Ya Yoo Seungho! You lazy bone drive here and cancelled all the important appointments just to see her! But what are you doing, you idiot! You already mustered up your courage. Go talk to her and don't be a chicken!" He slammed his head at the steering wheel. "No, I can't! I can't face her!"

A loud knock at his car's window made him jump to his seat.

"K-Kang Sora?" He whispered as he saw her through the window. He immediately got off. "S-sem, anyeoung!" He waved his hand and smiled as his lips trembled.

Sora noticed it and smiled. Seungho felt a little at ease to see her smile.

The best smile that he wanted to see.

"Do you want to have some coffee?" she asked.

Seungho watched Sora as she carried two tall coffee tumblers in a self service coffee shop near to the school she's teaching. He insisted of ordering but she stopped him and told him that she's the one who invited him for a coffee.

"Here." she said as she put one of the tumblers and sat in front of him. They were seated outside the coffee shop. "So, what brought you to Ilsan?"

Seungho choked because of her sudden question.

"Omo! This child." Sora quickly grabbed the table napkin and wiped the corner of his lips. "There." but she was taken a back when she noticed that Seungho was already staring at her with those expressive, yet sad eyes. Those eyes and stares that she saw in him about 5 years ago.

Sora shyly moved to her seat and sipped. She waited for him to speak but he didn't. He was just there, sitting and staring at her.

"Ya, are you ok? About your omma." she asked.

"I-I'm ok." He was surprised but he managed to smile. "Her doctors explained to me that it's better this way. Wherever she is right now, I know Omma is happy and she's not in pain anymore."

Sora nodded and reached for his hand. "You might be scared because you're alone, but believe me. Everything will be alright." she smiled. "I've been there."

"I know." Seungho said sharply. "Because of me."

Sora narrowed her eyes in confusion.

"It was because of me that your father died when you're still young. It was because of me that you have to go through the painful and tough times... alone." Seungho said. "It was because of me that you got debted to my mom and to the Yoon Foundation, that you can't say no to her even if you doesn't want to do it. And because of me, you received malicious criticisms and had to move from Seoul to here."

"Ya, stop it. All those non-sense that you blurted out was not because of you." she said while shaking his hand. "It was an accident and no one wanted it. You should know it better because you lost your appa in that accident too. Your omma was nice to me. I understand it clearly that she wanted to protect you and if it wasn't for Yoon Foundation, I wouldn't be here. All the things you said made me of who I am today. So stop acting like crazy and stop blaming yourself."

"Then why did you leave Seoul University? The Principal told us that they offered you a teaching job but you declined their offer." He asked while staring in her eyes.

"T-that." she said stutterring. "P-personal reason."

"Personal reason?"

"Hmm." Sora said and sipped her coffee. Seungho was still staring at her but she looked away.

"Are you sure it wasn't because of me?" Seungho asked worriedly.

"Aniyo." she shook her head and smiled nervously.

"Then what is it? Is it because Teacher Park? Is he chasing you? Is it because you don't like the school? Or maybe because the salary is low? Is it because of the traffic? Is it-"

"It's because of me." Sora cut him. She looked at Seungho who was waiting for her to tell him what's on her mind. She suddenly closed her eyes as she spoke her mind. "I was scared that I might fall in love with you completely. I could remember having butterflies in my stomach whenever I'm with you and I'm too damn scared to know where it'll take us." She slowly opened her right eye, leaving the other closed until she opened it too. She saw Seungho looking at her lovingly, absorbing what he just heard.

"Why did you became scared?"

"Because you're too young back then. I'm scared of what will happen to you if you're with me, scared to your mom and scared to what other people might say."

Seungho quickly made his way to her lips. He kissed her lips softly. Sora's eyes widened as her heart thumped fast.

"That's the punishment for deciding for me without my knowledge and decision." He smirked. "Do I need to move here too?" he asked playfully.

"Ya! What are you saying?" Sora said blushing.

"Kyeopta!" he said while pinching Sora's cheeks. Today was the happiest day of his life. He reached for her hand and brought it to his lips before kissing it gently. "For the past 5 years, I had so much in my mind. I was thinking that maybe it was better to let you go because I bring nothing to you but pain. But just last week, I received my mom's video message she recorded herself. She told me to find you and asked for your forgiveness because of what she did. I was hesitant at first because of what happened to your father."

"Seungho-yah."

"But last night while organizing my parent's papers, I accidentally found out that your father's name is also Seungho, Kang Seungho. That was the only time I realized that he let our paths crossed because he wanted me to take care of you instead of him. It was our destiny to meet again." He cupped Sora's cheeks that was now wet from crying.

"Ssem! Is this ahjussi your namja-chingu?"

Seungho remember this student from earlier.

"Yes. I am his fiance! Wae?" He pulled their intertwined hands upward to show it to this student."And I'm Mister to you!"

"Aissh! Chincha!" The male student walked away, scratching his nape.

"Ya! Yoo Seungho!" Sora protested.

Seungho leaned to her and move his face closer until there's only few inches left.

"I am not your student anymore, Sora-ya." he said and showed his eye smile.

"Ya, show some respect! I am older than you!"

"Respect, my foot." He said. "I see you're still the highschooler's first love."

"Like you?"

"Ya!" he shouted and glared at her.

"I said show some respect!" Sora shouted back.

"I'm your fiance!" Seungho stood up from his chair and pulled Sora with him. "Let's go to my car and I'll show you what fiance do to their fiance." He dragged Sora with him.

"But I haven't accepted you yet!"

Seungho looked back at Sora. He suddenly pouted and released her hands. He started to walk away while Sora followed him laughing.

"You're always this sensitive and cry baby."

He covered his ears without looking back at her.

"But I still want to try dating this sensitive and cry baby little boy because I never really gotten over you" She said while smiling sweetly.

Seungho looked back and ran to her.

"If you say it one more time, I'll gonna lock you in my room forever!"

He grabbed her hands once more and walked to his car.

_________________________________________________________________________

Our house ran out of cheese because this is so cheessssyy! Haha. :D Thanks for reading, subscrbing and reading guyysss! It was highly appeciated. :D