The Past

My First Love

The trouble-student Yoo Seungho turned into a jolly and giddy student because of love. Most of the time, well as usual, he was seen smiling and day-dreaming. His grades too improved and teachers weren't scared nor annoyed at him anymore. Madame Yoon, her mom, was the happiest to received such positive comments about his son from his teachers.

 

"Seungho-ah, your entrance exam for that business school is on next week right? Aren't you nervous?" Henry asked him one lunchbreak. They were on their way to the canteen to grab some foods.

"Ani." He smiled confidently. "I have a nice and beautiful tutor to help me."

"Chincha?" Henry said. "My omma wanted me to try at that school too. Can I have a session with your tutor too?"

Seungho's face became serious. "Looks like someone already had a session with her."

He saw Kang seonsangnim together with Teacher Park. They were eating while chatting happily. His heart sank when he saw how happy she was with the Physics teacher.

"What do you mean?" Henry asked but before Seungho could answer, he saw their teachers too. "Woah. Daebak! They're dating for sure." he grabbed his phone from his pocket and started to take photos.

Seungho was so pissed that he walked away leaving Henry behind. He went back to the 4-C classroom. He sat on his chair and put on his ear phones before shutting his eyes.

"Henry-yah, I'm not in the mood to play with you." he said without looking who sat beside him. "Aissh! Ok, I am sorry for leaving you so please leave me alone."

Few seconds passed but there it is, still sitting beside him. His temper rose so he opened his eyes.

"Ya Henry Lau! Do I have t speak english for you to understand?!" His eyes grew wide when he realized who it was. "K-Kim Jiwon? W-what are you doing-- I thought it's Henry."

"Ya, you dummy. Do you have to be that obvious?" Jiwon asked coldly.

"What do you mean?" he asked.

"You went back here because of Teacher Kang and Teacher Park." she saw Seungho's reaction. He was shocked. "I saw you in the canten... and at the Blue Mall the other day. Do you perhaps, like her?"

Seungho released a deep sighed. "Yes, I like Kang seonsangnim."

"What? But she's years older than us. She's our teacher! Wake up, Yoo Seungho!" there's bitterness in Jiwon's voice.

"I am perfectly awake Jiwon-ah! Perfectly awake to see how beautiful person she is. That's why I badly wanted to have her."

Jiwon was surprised to hear it from him. He's the least serious person she knows. "A-are you serious? You know your omma won't allow this to happen."

Seungho looked at Jiwon's eyes. "That's why I'm studying hard to get into that business school. To prove my mom that I am dead serious about her."

"You're crazy!" Jiwon stood up from her seat but Seungho grabbed her wrist.

"Jiwon-ah, don't live like that. Forget about me and try to look at Henry. He's a good man and he likes you a lot."

 

Kang Sora noticed how gloomy Seungho become these past few days, far from the Yoo Seungho she usually see. She wanted to ask him and waited for the right time.

"Ya, Yoo Seungho." Sora called. She pretended like she was cheking the reviewer Seungho answered before her.

"Ne, ssem?" He raised his eyes and looked at her.

"Do you have a problem? Are you nervous about your exam?"

"Ani." he replied shortly.

"Hmmm." she answered. She told herself that she shouldn't intervined with other person's life but she couldn't help but ask him because he doesn't seem well. "All of your answers here are correct. You're now ready to take your entrance exam. But if you have questions, you can ask your mom to call me."

"S-ssem!" Seungho asked hesitantly. "C-can I ask you something?"

"Sure. What is it?"

"Are you... dating Park seonsangnim?"

"What?" She laughed. "No. I said it a lot of times, he's my sunbae. We're collegues now and that explains why I am close to him."

"Ah!" Seungho showed his signature eye smile again.

'Finally. That smile again.'

"But ssem, what do you think of him? I mean, is he your type?"

"You know, I haven't think about that and you should not too." She said smiling. "You're too young to think about love. You're still a baby."

"I am not a baby anymore!" he pouted.

"Arasso, baby." she as she get up on her seat. "I'll get going now."

"Ssem." Seungho grabbed his wrist. "I have to tell you something."

Sora felt the intense look from Seungho's passionate eyes.

"Ssem, I like you. From the moment I saw you in class. You're my inspiration and my reason to live."

Sora's bag dropped on the floor because of what he confessed. "Ya Yoo Seungho! I heard a lot that you're a prankster. T-this won't work at me! Is there a hidden camera here that you'll show to the whole school? Hah! I got you!"

"Aniyo, this isn't a prank. Honestly, I hate Park Haejin soensangnim because he likes you. That day I got into a fight with Kim Dohan, I punched him because I know you will come and help me when I got into trouble. I did it purposely so that you won't have to go with Teacher Park."

"Ya! Stop this! This isn't fun anymore." her faced redenned because of anger. "Is this how you treat a person?"

Seungho rushed to her and pinned her to the wall. He crushed his lips and kissed her. Sora was resisting but her male student was a lot stronger than her. She balled her fist as she realized that there's no use in resisting.

Suddenly, Seungho's room door was opened. It was his mother.

"What's this?!" Madame Yoon shrieked at the sight of them. "Seungho-ah! Sora-sshi!"

"Madame Yoon-" Sora said while nervousness crept her whole body.

"Omma, I'll explain!" Seungho covered Sora behind him.

"What's there to explain?!" Madame Yoon's eyes narrowed. "I'm so disappointed at you, Kang Sora! After what I did for you! I let you in my house properly but what you did you do to my son? You seduced her, you dirty woman! Yah, for your information you're too old for my son."

"Omma, ssem didn't do anything!"

"You shut up! You proved me that you're smart. You manipulated my son to believe you!"

"Omma, stop it!" Seungho pulled Sora and left his room. They ran together to get out of the house.

 

"Ssem, trust me on this for the last time." Seungho whispered as Sora nodded her head. In no time, they were riding in Seungho's motorcycle. He felt Sora's arms wrapped around his waist but he wasn't happy about it for he know that the one he love was hurting. He even felt Sora leaned her head on his back. But after a few seconds, his shirt got soaked from the tears she's shedding.

"Seungho-ah, stop at the bus stop." Though hesitant, he listened and pulled over.

She handed him the helmet and smiled bitterly. Her eyes were red and puffy from crying.

"Ssem." he held her hands. "Mianada. But my feelings for you is sincere."

"Stop it Seungho." she shook her head. "From now on, focus on your study. Do your best at the exam. I know you can make it."

 

Seungho went home with a heavy heart after parting that way with Sora. He blamed and call himself idiot for not being able to defend and protect her from his own mother.

"Where is that old woman?" Her mother asked. She was waiting for him in the dark living room.

"Do you hear yourself, omma?" His eyes narrowed as he looked at his mother. "Ssem didn't do anything wrong. It was me who fell in love with her."

Madame Yoon quickly slapped her son's cheeks. "You're not in love with her! She seduced you!"

"Omma, ssem is a beautiful person, inside-out." he explained. "She's the reason why my grades and behavior improved. She's a good influence. I hope you'll be my mother who will be happy for whatever I am."

"Let's say she didn't seduce you. You're just infantuated, that's it!"

"I am tired, Omma." Seungho shrugged his shoulders. "At the entrance exam, if I made it to the top spot let me pursue her. And if not, I'll do what you want. I will prove you how determined I am."

 

The day of the exam came and after several days, the resuts were posted online. Yoo Seungho was so nervous since he bet his life for it. His heart started to beat faster while he was saying a prayer to let him be the top scorer. His eyes started to water when he saw the results.

"Seungho-yah, I'm so proud of you!" His mom came rushing to his room. She hugged him tight and cupped his cheeks. "You're really is my son!"

Seungho smiled weakly as tears started to flow on his cheeks. He then received a text message from Henry.

Congrats Seungho-ya! Everyone in Seoul U was so proud of you! Uri top 5, Yoo Seungho! Fighting!

"Seungho-yah, I know Omma became mean but I hope you understand that I only wanted the best for my only child." His mom said. "But I know who should take credits for this achievement, Kang Sora-sshi."

Seungho looked at his mom meaningfully. She nodded at him lovingly. He hugged his mom first before rushing to Seoul University.

 

One Shot

 

Everyone was congratulating and greeting Seungho as he came to the university. But he only wanted to see one person, Kang soensangnim. He looked for her at the faculty room, but she wasn't there. He searched at every classrooms, library and canteen but she was nowhere to be found. Until he saw someone that made him think of where she might be.

"T-Teacher Lee?" He said eyeing at the teacher. "Are you back to teach again?"

"Yes. My condtion got better after months of bed rest." Teacher Lee said smiling. "Ya! Aren't you happy I'm back?" She must have seen Seungho's wrinkled forehead.

"A-Ani. Of course, I'm happy." Seungho forced a smile. "Excuse me Ssem, I need to rush somewhere."

This can't be. This shouldn't be. He whispered as he ran to the teachers faculty room. He rushed in without knocking at the door and wenr directly at Sora's desk only to find it empty.

"Excuse me Hong Seonsangnim, but where's Miss Kang?" Seungho asked Hong Sena who was busy making her lesson plan.

"Kang seonsangnim? You didn't know?" She said as she put down her eye glasses. "Yesterday was her last day."

 

Since there's no English lesson for class 4-C yesterday, he didn't meet her. He got a mixed emotions for this horrible news. He felt angry at her because Kang seonsangnim didn't even say goodbye to him but he later blamed himself for her sudden disapperance.

"Maybe you heard the news that's why you looked so pathetic."

Seungho looked back and saw Park Haejin smiling at him. He tried to ignore the Physics teacher but he sat beside him under this big oak tree.

"I heard you made it on Top 5. Congratulations."

"Ssem, did Teacher Kang said goodbye to you?" Seungho asked without looking at the male teacher. "She didn't even bothered to say goodbye to us."

"To us? Or to you?"

Seungho looked at his teacher.

"Didn't you think that maybe she had a hard time to say goodbye especially to 4-C? Maybe all of you became close to her heart that saying goodbye will make things much difficult for her and to her students."

Seungho nodded. It was stupid of him to think that she's inconsiderate and insenstive.

"But it's true that she's inconsiderate and unsensitive." Park Haejin said all of a sudden.

Seungho's eyes grew wide. How did he know what I was thinking?

"Look at what she did to us. She made us fall in love with her and then left us hanging. Aissh, am I rejected again?"

"Ssem rejected you before?"

Haejin nodded. "Well at least she was close into saying yes to me until that accident happened leaving her alone."

"Accident? What accident?" He asked. Not because of curiosity but because he wanted to know a part of Sora's life.

"Oh, you didn't know?" Haejin scratched his head. "About 10 years ago, his father passed away in a car accident trying to save... uhm... a kid."

"A kid?"

"Well, yes. Sora's appa was a saoldier who worked as a butler. I heard the son of the family got kdnapped and they rescued him with his father."

Wait. The story sounds familiar. It was the same story his mother always tells him whenever he asks her where his appa be. In her story, there's a Soldier Kand who came to help his father but they got into an accident when the kidnappers sabotaged the car they used.

"Ssem, I am that kid." Seungho said as tears started to form in his eyes. "It was me who made Teacher Kang alone since 17. H-how did ssem made it living alone?"

"You omma. She supported Sora until college through Yoon's Foundation."

"I didn't know any of this, ssem."

_________________________________________________________________________

So my laturrr turned into 24 hours. ;p