The Trouble Student.

My First Love

The tension can be felt inside the principal's office. He and the other fourth year teachers were discussing about who should take over in the advisory class the pregnant Teacher Lee was in charge. She's 5 months pregnant but her doctor already advised her to have a complete bed rest due to stress. All because of her one student.

"Palli! Palli! Everyone back to their seats!" A male student rushed to his 'last row' seat. "Teacher Lee is here!"

All of the students get back on their seats. They greet the teacher politely when she stepped in.

"Teacher, you looked pretty today." The male student from earlier said. "If not for your tummy, people might mistake you for Jun Jihyun."

"Is that so?" The teacher said and leaned her hips on the table. "Get a clean sheet of paper and let's have a quiz... Take that as me thanking you for saying that."

"Ehhh!" The other students whined while the others blamed the male student. 

"I told you you shouldn't say that!" Henry Lau elbowed  his seat mate but he sat still showing a cool smile on his thin lips.

"One... Two... Three..." He counted as he watched Teacher Lee sat down on the front table.

PPPPPFFFFFFFFTTTTTT!!!

A loud fart broke the classroom's silence.

The students looked at each other while the teacher sat still looking terrified as her whole body trembles.

"Ya. It's no big deal. We all do that." The male student rose from his seat and crossed his arms in front of him. "Teach, you should go. I heard that pregnant woman is usually constipated." 

The class laughed, including his seatmate Henry.

"It's him again." Teacher Lee whispered at herself and stood up. She pressed her lips in annoyance as she picked the fake 'poop' that was placed in her seat. "MISTER----!!!"

'It's no use arguing with this little monster.' She reminded herself. She looked at him and there he was, smiling like an angel. 'I just hope my baby will not look like him.'

Teacher Lee proceeded to her quiz then to her lesson, not minding the little monster. She started to introduced her new lesson. 

"Ssem!" That male student ran to platform and erased the black board.

"Ya! No! Lee Seonsangnim is allergic to chalk dusts!" Kim Jiwon, the class president shouted.

But it was too late. Chalk dusts flew over Teacher Lee's face and arms.

"Teach, I'm so sorry I didn't know!" He said as he dust-off the teacher's uniform. But since his hands were full of chalk dusts too, Teacher Lee started to cough more and soon her face became red and swollen. 

Everyone in the classroom panicked. 

"Ssem, are you ok?"

"D-do.... I.... loohkk... oh-k-kay?" The teacher said, gasping.

"Actually, no. You looked like a sweet and sour fish!" He said and laughed loud. He even puffed his cheeks and pouted his lips to make him looked like her.

"Y-YOO S-SEUNGHOOO!"

 


The subject teachers were quiet as the Principal waited for a volunteer since he doesn't want to pinpoint. 

"What's this about?" The late comer Physics teacher whispered at the teacher beside him.

"The Principal is looking for a substitute adviser for class 4-C." He replied back.

"Why? What happened to Miss Lee?" 

"She was brought to the hospital. A student pranked her." 

"Ehemm.." The Principal cleared his throat to keep the two from whispering.  "Any volunteer? And that's an accident. Mr. Yoo didn't pranked her."

Everyone in the room rolled their eyes. They knew exactly who Yoo Seungho is and what he can do. They knew it wasn't an accident and that student is a real 'pain in the .' This wasn't the first time. Peace as well as the teachers's peace of mind was long gone since he came. If it wasn't for his mother, who was the biggest share holder of the school, Seoul U had already kicked him out. 

"I will do it." The physics teacher raised his arm.

"Ya Park Haejin, are you out of your mind?!" The Physical Education teacher said. "Sir, why don't we let the substitute teacher take over the class? Haejin here is in charge of the Science Camp."

The other teachers agreed but the Principal shook his head.

"The substitute teacher is still young. She's 22 years old and she just graduated. I don't think she can handle that." The principal fold his arms in front of him.

"But Sir, all of us are busy too." A middle age teacher explained. "Since she's 22, hers and the students is not that big. Maybe they can understand each other, if you know what I mean."

"Principal, Teacher Kim has a point." 

The other teachers inside agreed that made the principal gave his decision. 

"Alright then." He said. "The substitute teacher will be in charge of the class 4-C while Teacher Lee is not around."

Just then a tall, fair-skinned woman came inside. She bowed her head and gave respects to the older teachers.

"Anyeong haseyo. My name's Kang Sora. I am the substitute teacher." She greeted in her soft voice.

"Oh, you came." The principal stood up and introduced himself as the other teachers did the same. The older teachers felt so relieved since they won't be in charge of the class where the notorious student is in.

 


"I will walk you to your advising class slash your first period." 

Sora turned her head to see this tall, familiar face smiling at her.

"S-sunbae? Haejin- Sunbaenim?" She said in disbelief. "I can't believe I'll see you here."

The guy blushed a little and scratched his nape. "Ya! When did you get so respectful?" 

They laughed as they walked their way to the classroom.

"How are you?" They asked at the same time then laughed again.

"Finally, I'll have a reason to go to work happily." He said. "My favorite hoobae is here at work."

"You love Science and you love to teach. Those are enough reasons for you, Mr. Park." Sora said.

"Sora, let's catch up later at lunch. I'll buy you something delicious." Haejin said as he twists the door knob. "But please, be careful here. Especially with number 21, Yoo Seungho."

 

 

"Yoo Seungho." 

 Seungho's body trembled as he heard her voice. It's her mother. He's on his way out to school when he saw his mother sitting in dining table as if she's waiting for him.

 She folded the newspaper and instructed her son to sit beside her.

"Omma, I'll be late for school." Seungho said without moving.

"Ya!" She ran to her son and pulled his ears making him shrieked in pain. 

"Ya! Omma! Stop!"

He dragged his son outside where no one could hear them.

"What were you thinking?! Why did you do that to Teacher Lee?! For the nth time Seungho! For the nth time!" She scolded her son. 

Seungho annoyingly touched his ears. "Omma, you're Madame Yoon. There's nothing you can't fix nor do."

"Ya! How do you expect me to fix it if she lost her baby?!" She sarcastically said. 

"They can always try." He smirked. 

 Madame Yoon hit her son several times. "You dummy! What do you think your father in heaven feels about you? How will you manage our chains of hotels? Seungho-ah, your omma's tired... And unhappy. Study and graduate immediately. Please don't add to my problems anymore. You're a full grown man now, not an elementary kid."

 


Seungho irritably removed his head phones because Henry kept on elbowing him. He's not in the mood to play around with him because of what happened that morning.

"Wae?!" He asked as he lifted his head from being slammed in the desk. 

"Teacher Park is here. I think he's our substitute adviser." Henry pouted.

"Class, we all know the accident that happened to Teacher Lee." Teacher Park said as he eyed at Seungho. "Because of that, her doctor advised her to take a few months vacation. And for that, please meet your temporary teacher, Miss Kang Sora." 

A tall woman walked in. She's wearing a long-sleeves polo that was rolled up to her elbow. Her long, slim legs were noticeable in her black pants. Her light brown hair flows up to her shoulder that matches her almond eyes. Her lips were curved upward as she greets the whole class.

The woman who just stepped in caught Seungho's attention. His eyes widened and he became breathless. His heart skipped a beat when she smiled at the class. 

So this must be what they called love.

"Goodmorning everyone. My name's Kang Sora and I'll be your temporary teacher in charge as well as your English teacher." She bowed. "Please feel free and come to me whenever you have difficulty." 

"Class, I asked that please take care of Teacher Kang for me." Teacher Park looked at Sora and smiled. "Don't give her a hard time."

"Eeehhh!" Almost all of the students teased them that made Sora blushed beet red.

"Kiss! Kiss!" Henry teased that made Seungho smacked his head. "Ya! Wae?"

"What kiss? Where's your respect?!" Seungho said and eyed on Sora.

"Aish. Chincha! So annoying!"

Sora introduced herself. From where she studied to her favorite past time. But the other students were more interested in her relationship with Park Haejin. He's famous with female students because of his intelligence as well as his looks.

"Teacher Kang, what is your relationship with Teacher Park?" Kim Jiwon asked. The other students started to shout and again.

"Teacher Park was my sunbae." She smiled.

'Of course! How can a pretty lady like her date that nerd.' Seungho started to laugh by himself.

"Since there's no more questions, let's proceed to our lesson." Teacher Kang said while Seungho listened to her attentively. "Please open your books on page 145."

After an hour, the class was dismissed. 

"If you have questions, please feel free to see me in the faculty room. 4-C, fighting!" She cheered and left the room.

Seungho on the other hand ran outside to see his teacher.

"Ssem! Ssem!!" 

Sora looked back to see this panting student. "Wae?"

He straighten his uniform and smiled at her. "Give me your things. I'll carry it and walked you to your next class, ssem." He smiled widely.

"It's ok. I don't have much things to carry though. You better hurry. The next class starts in 5mins. Arasso?" She turned her back and was about to walk away when Seungho called again.

"Ssem! Can I see you later after class?"

His eyes twinkled when she answered him "Sure."

Sora was long gone but Seungho was still standing and smiling in the corridor.

"Ya. What are you doing here?" Class President Kim Jiwon tapped Seungho's shoulders. 

"Jiwon-ah. I never thought that learning's this fun... and inspiring." He said.

"Eh?" Jiwon said as she looked at the corridor's Seungho was staring at. "I don't get you."

Seungho grabbed her shoulder and pulled to their room. "Let's go and study."

 

"Oh, Teacher Kang? She's not here. She just went out with Teacher Park." An aged teacher explained to Seungho. "She said she's meeting a very important person."

Actually, he's been waiting for the afternoon dismissal since the first period when Kang seonsangnim agreed to meet him after class.

"Kamsahamnida Teacher Kim." He said before leaving making the teachers inside felt uneasy. It wasn't like Yoo Seungho to be polite and respect was out of his vocabulary. 

Yoo Seungho walked his way when he met Henry.

"Ya. Where did you go? You immediately ran after the bell." Henry said and put his arms around Seungho's neck.

"Somewhere." He answered. Actually, he's not on the mood to talk. 

"Chincha? The group's waiting in the internet cafe. Should we go?"

"Yes. Let's play!"

'Ya Seungho. It's not like you've been stood up in a date. She's your teacher, you dummy! Don't let this make you sad.' 

After an hour, his driver came to the internet cafe to pick up Seungho. His said that Madame Yoon ordered him to get him and bring him home.

"Ya! We just came. Are you really going home?" Henry asked without taking his eyes off the computer's monitor.

"Ne." Seungho replied and put on his back pack. "I'm not feeling well too. I'll see you tomorrow." 

Seungho was feeling exhausted when he arrived at home. The helper asked him if he wanted to eat but he declined. Instead, he asked her if his mom was home.

"Yes, sir. Madame Yoon's at the garden. She's with a guest." The ahjumma said and left.

He doesn't care who the guest was. He shrugged his shoulders and walked to his room. On his way, he saw her mom and his guest through their huge glass window. His heart skipped as he saw who her mom's guest was.

"Kang Seonsangnim?" He whispered as he watched her from where he is. He could stare to her this time without Henry interrupting him unlike in school. He stared at her up to his heart's desire. He watched her as she laughed, smiled, talked and even sipped her tea.

Just then, his mom saw him and called him. He hesitantly walked but he thought that he should at least greet his teacher.

"Sora-sshi, this is my son Yoo Seungho." 

Sora's almond eyes grew wide. Seeing her student in this house was the least thing she expect.

"Anyeong haseyo Ssem." He bowed his head and showed his cheeky eye smile.