Chapter 2 | ... |

Who should I choose? | The Kingka? | Sunbae? | Or My Best Friend? |

     After taking a quick shower and got dressed, I grabbed my backpack and headed to the kitchen to eat breakfast. My stepmom prepared rice, eggs, and milk as the beverage which actually isn't for me to eat, but for my three other step-siblings. It's just like Cinderella, after all. "Do well at school today kids," My stepmom stated as she looked at her three biological children. I have three step-siblings, consisting of Hana as the oldest, Haneum as the middle child who's by the way a male, and Haejin who's a girl as the youngest. However, I am the oldest among all of them. Hana is 17, Haneum is 16, and Haejin is 14. "Yes, umma." The trio chorused as my step-mom smiled at them. "Good. And Jimin, get home here today early. You have to clean the house and wash the dishes and all those craps. Not taking care of your responsibilities," she said, glaring at me. My responsibilities? How are cleaning the house my responsibility? When did that happen? "But umma-" Before I could finish, she turned directly at me and shot me a glare. "How many times do I have to tell you to not call me umma? I am not your mother, therefore, don't call me such joke." Since I was about 9 years old and could understand some things, I finally came to a conclusion that they only adopted me because they wanted someone to take care of everything that they can't take care of. So basically, I'm their maid. Exactly, like Cinderella. I looked up at the clock and it was almost 7:20, school starts at 7:30. I started to panic and quickly stood up, placed my dishes on the sink, grabbed my backpack, and left. 

 I decided to drop by off Taehyung's house to see if he was coming to school because we usually walk to school together. I knocked on the door and after a minute, it opened; revealing Mrs. Kim. "Oh, Jimin-ssi. Good morning," She greeted me as she led me inside the house. "Ah, good morning to you too Mrs. Kim." I bowed, panic filled my insides. "Mrs. Kim, is Taehyung coming to school?" I directly asked, looking around. "Ah, Taehyung. No. He isn't coming to school today, unfortunately. He's a bit sick." She elucidated in a devastated tone. "Ah, I see. That's terrible. Please tell him I said hi. But I really got to head to school now. Goodbye, Mrs. Kim. I hope Taehyung feels better." I bowed as she nodded and I left. 

I looked at my wrist watch and it was 7:25. I walked faster and I knew I was going to be late. I stayed on the sidewalk, since I didn't want to be hit by any cars. I was still panicking. This will be the first time I'm late for school because usually, Taehyung picks me up in the house and his driver takes us to school, but today it's different. After about 10 minutes of walking which means that I was already late, I looked up at the sky and the sun wasn't visible anymore; and the sky was now gray. I had a bad feeling it was going to rain. After that thought, heavy rain started to descend from the sky. I looked around for somewhere to wait until the rain stops, but I couldn't. I sighed heavily and continued walking. I realized I didn't even bring an umbrella with me. What an unlucky day, I sighed. 

"Hey, miss! You want a ride?" I heard a voice calling out from behind me. Rain was still pouring heavily. My clothes were all wet and I don't know if I should continue walking to school or just skip it for today. I turned around and saw one of the kingkas from school, Byun Baekhyun. I looked around me to see if he's talking about somebody else and I could've just mistaken. "Yah, I'm talking to you." He called out, looking at me. "Me?" I mouthed, confused a bit. He nodded and stopped his car in front of me as I stood there like a statue. Byun Baekhyun is wasting his time to talk to some average girl like me? He grabbed an umbrella from his car, opened it, came out of his car, and walked towards my direction. "Hey, come on. It's pouring rain and you need a ride. Look how wet your clothes are," he said, pointing to my saturated garments. I stood there, staring at him. "Miss? Are you alright?" He asked, looking at me with a worried expression. I got back to my senses and answered, "Ah, ye. I'm alright. But uh, I don't want a hassle so I'll just continue walking to my destination," I said politely and took a few steps forward. 

 "Miss, wait!" Baekhyun grabbed my wrist and made me turn around, just to find out that we were looking face-to-face. "Miss, it's pouring rain. I'm offering to give you a ride in my car. Nobody wants to get sick. Please accept my offer?" He asked full of sincerity and I actually couldn't believe that Byun Baekhyun desperately wants me to accept his offer. "A-ah, okay.." I said slowly as a smile formed on his face. He opened the door on his car for me and I uncomfortably made my way inside. The car smelled like blossoming flowers. The scent was like when you take a look at the cherry blossoms then smelling them. I couldn't believe that a man's car would smell this magnificent. Baekhyun then opened his door and made his way on the driver's seat. He fastened his seatbelt and told me to fastened mine as well. Then, we drove off. 

Moment of silence. . . . . . . . 

I started to play with my fingers and looked outside my window. The atmosphere was so awkward and I didn't know what to say. Baekhyun and I never met before and I didn't know why he's acting all affectionate and caring to me right away. "So, uh, you're heading to school right?" Thank you Baekhyun for breaking the 15 minute moment of silence. "A-ah, yeah. But I'm already late so," I sighed sadly as Baekhyun continued driving silently. "I'm heading to school as well. So, we're both late." He stated which made me a surprised because kingkas are never late, in fact, they get there like 3 hours before school starts. "Really? But don't kingkas usually arrive at school like 3 hours before school even starts?" I asked in disbelief as I looked at the road. "Yeah. But, I'm human too right? Everyone makes mistakes, and I'm one of them." He proudly stated and continued turning the steering wheel as I just nodded in agreement. Byun Baekhyun is right here talking in front of me and telling me that he's just like everybody else. 

After a few minutes which seemed like an endless moment of silence, we finally arrived to school. I unfastened my seatbelt while Baekhyun did the same as well. I just then realized that I'm in Byun Baekhyun's car and he's the Byun Baekhyun which means that fangirls will kill me if they see me with him. I am such a feebleminded idiot. "A-ah, Baekhyun. I'm going to go now because I don't want your fangirls killing me. I still have a reason to live." I bowed and attempted to open my door, which I could not. "It's automatic," I heard Baekhyun laugh a bit as I looked at him, with a puzzled look. He clapped his hands and the door opened. What the heck. My eyes widened as I touched the door, making sure it was really opened and I wasn't hallucinating or being hypnotized that it was just an illusion. After I touched the door, I found out that it was really opened and I stayed sitting on the seat, frozen. 

"Miss, are you okay?" Baekhyun touched my shoulder which made me flinched a bit because my shoulders are my sensitive spot. "O-oh, sorry." Baekhyun saw that I flinched and quickly apologized. I looked at him and smiled a little, "It's alright. Just not very used to people touching my shoulders and automatic car doors." He chuckled and I caught a glimpse of his beautiful, white teeth. "B-baekhyun, you have nice teeth." After I said that compliment, I automatically froze. Why did I say that? He must think that I'm such an ignorant idiot right now. He grinned, showing me his beautiful teeth again and replied, "Thank you." I bit my lip due to embarrassment and said, "I'm sorry if I made you feel awkward. It's just that well—I've never talked to any of the kingkas," He looked at me with an understandable look and said, "Oh. It's alright. Don't feel awkward. Just think of me as an average friend," I froze again. Byun Baekhyun; The Byun Baekhyun wants me to think of him as an average friend. An average friend. Average. Friend. 

After a few minutes of me being totally ignorant, Baekhyun and I got out of his car. He clapped twice this time and the doors closed. Again, what the heckles. I looked around, trying to be alert when the fangirls will do their mission and attack me. Unfortunately, no fangirls attacked me. In fact, there was nobody around. I felt relieved yet; bewildered. "Lets go, inside. It seems like nobody is around." Baekhyun told me as I followed behind him like a lost little kitten. I followed Baekhyun to the lobby to tell the secretary that we were late. "Mrs. Lee, why does it seem like nobody is around?" Baekhyun asked the secretary Mrs. Lee, as I was about to ask the same question to her as well. Nice one, Baekhyun. "Oh, did you hear? There's a 2-hour delay for school since it was pouring rain and we thought that it would be very difficult for students to come to school." Mrs. Lee explained as Baekhyun turned to look at me, with relief planted on his eyes. "Ah, really? I didn't hear it. I was worried I would be late for school for the first time," Baekhyun sighed in relief as Mrs. Lee smiled at him. 

Baekhyun then walked towards my direction and looked at me. "Your clothes are still soaked. You should get changed." I looked at him uncomfortably, again. "O-oh, thanks but...I don't have any spare clothes," I replied, with bits of disappointment on my voice. "What about your gym clothes?" I shook my head. "I don't want to use it. I don't like to wear it in public, that's why it's only for gym." He looked at me with a look that was undescribable to me. "Isn't it only a mini short and a long shirt?" I looked at him, shocked at how he knew what exactly my gym clothes looked like. "A-ah, ye. How did you know that?" I asked, waiting for his answer. "I told you, I'm human too. I observe other people. Just because I'm a kingka doesn't mean that I ignore everyone else. That's terrible," Here is the Byun Baekhyun again, telling me that he observes what other people are doing. "Sorry. I just thought that since you're one of the most popular people in the school, you don't really give any attention to anybody else except for your own kind." I frankly told him as he looked at me with a surprised look. "Is that what everybody thinks?" After he asked that, I nodded without hesitating. "I'm pretty sure." 

Baekhyun and I were still standing there and he was leaning against the wall, while I was sitting on a bench. He then glanced at me and said, "Yah, you need to really change. You'll get ill when that dries." I shook my head. "I told you. I have no spare clothes." I could've sworn I saw Baekhyun rolling his eyes and he stood up, firmly. "Alright. Come here with me. I'll give you something to wear." He stated without even waiting for my response and I followed behind him, again like a stray kitten. Baekhyun, why are you being affectionate to me all of a sudden... I kept following behind him as he stopped at his locker. He handed me pants and a shirt that actually fit my size. I examined the clothes all over again and looked at Baekhyun who was closing his locker. "Baekhyun, don't you think this is a bit too much?" I asked, feeling a little concerned. "What do you mean?" He asked, cluelessly. "Well, today is the first time we've met and you've been acting very strange towards me." I explained, looking down at the ground. "Why? Is there a problem with being nice to other people?" He asked with a serious expression. "No but just-" Before I could finish, he quickly said, "Just get dressed with that." I nodded since I could sense irritation on his face and on his tone of communicating. 

I quickly walked to the bathroom and changed pants first. The pants Baekhyun gave me were not too tight and not very baggy so it actually fit me well. Afterwards, I changed my shirt and I had a little problem though. The shirt that Baekhyun gave me were too big for me and it didn't fit me quite well. I resembled an old woman, walking on the streets. However, I had no choice but wear it because I knew that when I come out and Baekhyun doesn't see me wearing the shirt that he offered to me, he's going to throw a tantrum. As I finished up, I quickly did my hair in two separate ponytails and came out of the bathroom. I placed the plastic with my soaked clothes in my locker and faced Baekhyun. He looked at me up and down delighted smile. "They fit you," He said, still with the delighted smile. "Not the shirt, though. It's too big." I pointed out along with a slight whine as he rolled his eyes, "Who cares. Lets go. We'll be late for class," and grabbed my wrist. 

After we arrived at my homeroom, I only saw the teacher. I halted, earning a turn from Baekhyun with a perplexed expression. "Baekhyun, you're not even in the same class as me." I looked at him as he nodded, as if he knew. "Of course, I knew that. I was just taking you to your class since I'm very bored." He said with a slight smile as I looked at him bewildered, shook my head, and headed inside the classroom. "Have a good day." He added with a smile and headed his way to his own class. "So weird," I muttered as I sat on my assigned seat. I took out my book and started reading, waiting for the other students to come, and getting rid of my boredom as well. 

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

"Ms. Yoon, wake up!" I opened my eyes and saw Mrs. Kang's face close to mine. I didn't even realized I fell asleep. I looked around and saw that the students were already present. "Ah, sorry Mrs. Kang. I didn't realize I fell asleep." I apologized as she nodded and headed back to the front. I looked around and I was surprised that I only saw Jongin present. I looked around again and tried to find if Sehun was also here. Although, I think I'm being an idiot again because Sehun hasn't been here for about 3 days. Sehun and Jongin are the only kingkas that are in my class and the others are in different classes. Sehun scares me a little because he always has that poker face and it's difficult to read what he has in mind. Jongin, on the other hand, he's just undescribable. Always receiving chocolates from girls. Everyone loves him, even some of the teachers. What's there to love in him? He's a jerk. 

"Everyone, listen up. I have a very important announcement." All our attention turned to the front, looking at Mrs. Kang, unlike Jongin, who was being in his own world, listening to music with his headphones. He's a big troublemaker and the teachers don't even confront him anymore. I think they've had enough. I would as well, so I can't blame them. 

Surprisingly, Mrs. Kang walked towards Jongin's direction and took off his headphones. Jongin looked at Mrs. Kang full of irritation and annoyance as Mrs. Kang said, "Jongin, please listen to this announcement. Your grades will rely on this," After Mrs. Kang said that, Jongin just smirked. 

Mrs. Kang walked back to the front and began, "Class, this announcement is going to be very important. I will have an important mission for you that will help you in the future and for your grades as well, don't forget that." Excitement filled up my mind. I really liked missions and especially if they rely on your grades and future life. "Also, you have to work on this mission with a partner," Everybody cheered and started giving signals to their friends, indicating that they wanted to be partners. "Aish, hold up. I'm not finished. Don't start your hassle, that won't help. I've already assigned your partners." After she said that, everybody sighed in disappointment. "Alright, before I say what the mission is, I'm going to explain a little bit about it." We all nodded, paying our close attention to her. "It's a mission that will take a month, not a day or an hour. There will be a special location for the mission as well. It's going to be a bit of a difficult mission by the way for some of you. I will give missions each day and you have to succeed it, in order for your grades to go up. Because, your grades will rely on to this as I told you. Some of you might hate this idea, but some of you might love it on the other hand. No matter how much you all complain when I say it, you have no choice to do it." After she explained all that, I was starting to get a bit uncomfortable and desperate to know what this mission was. I quickly raised my hand because I wanted to ask a question.

"Yes, Ms. Yoon?" Mrs. Kang looked at me. "What happens to the people that are absent? Did you already assign them with someone or?" I was thinking of Taehyung. I didn't want him to get left out of all these events and what not. "Good question, Ms. Yoon. But, I'll take care of that. I'm pretty sure that they'll probably do a different mission." I just nodded, acknowledging her. "Anyways, I'll start announcing the partners." 

Mrs. Kang started and I was all nervous, wanting to know who my partner would be. I really wanted to be with Taehyung but that idiot just had to be sick today, but I can't blame him for staying home. After all, he's not feeling well. I sighed. 

"Jiyoon and Sungjin," Mrs. Kang started. "Anna and Jaemun," She continued and I sat there daydreaming, until I heard her call my name. "Jimin and Jongin," I flinched, hoping I didn't hear what I thought I just heard. I immediately raised my hand as Mrs. Kang called, "Is there a problem, Ms. Yoon?" I nodded and instantly cleared, "I'm sorry, I wasn't paying attention but who am I partnered with again?" She looked at me and mentioned repeatedly, "Jongin." I froze. So, I really did hear what I thought I just heard. I looked at Jongin's direction as he took a glance at me and just smirked. 

I could feel the fangirls hearts' heating up right now and ready to do their task and intensely attack me. I could feel their captivating gazes towards me right now. I could feel them crowding over me, laughing at me with evil gazes. 

After Mrs. Kang uttered everyone's assigned colleague, everybody sighed heavily in disappointment and I was still sitting there, attempting to open and close my eyes frequently hoping that this was just a nightmare, but unfortunately it wasn't. I wanted to cry right there, even if I didn't even know what the mission was because being partnered with Jongin is already a terrifying thing. I wasn't even desperate anymore to know what the mission was. Because I had to be with Jongin. Jongin. Kim Jongin. 

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

"Everyone. . . "

.

.

.

.

.

.

"..you and your partner are going to pretend to be a married couple for a month," 

.

.

.

.

.

.

I could've sworn I just died right there. It felt like everything just came to an end for me. 

. . 

. . 

. . 

I have to pretend as a married couple with Kim Jongin for a month. 

I have to pretend to be Jongin's wife for a hecking month. 

. . 

. . 

. . 

Do you hear that sound? It's me having a heart attack and fainting. (AN; It's just sarcasm by the way not literal :3)