1

Angel with a Shotgun

A storm raged overhead as a black van drove through the streets. It pulled up to an abandoned warehouse in the outer limits of the city. Three men got out of the van, one man with a sack over his head as the other two dragged him into the warehouse. Four men standing guard at the entrance nodded at their comrades and let them through. At the center of the warehouse, stood a metal chair with a single spotlight shining down upon it.

 

    The two men brought the other man and tied him down to the chair before removing the sack from his head. The man’s face was badly bruised and scratched. “What the hell do you bastards want from me?”

 

    “It has come to my attention that YG has something I want...something precious to me.” A man dressed in black emerged from the shadows.

 

    “You…”

 

    “Hello, Mr. Kwon. It’s so very nice to you. Or should I say, Young Hwan? It’s been a long time hasn’t it?”

 

    “Lee Soo Man…I should have known. You ain’t getting from me!”

 

    “Is that so? Such a shame…”

 

    Lee Soo Man whipped out his knife and slashed Young Hwan across the face, leaving an oozing red line behind on his left cheek. “Now, we can do this the hard way or we can do this the hard way. The choice is yours. Tell me what I want to know…”

 

    “Over my dead body…”

 

    Young Hwan cried out as the knife was plunged into his left thigh. “ARGH! Soo Man, you bastard!”

 

    “Oh, Young Hwan...you really should know better than to tempt me. Besides, if you’re dead, who’s going to watch over your little family?”

 

    Young Hwan’s eyes widened before turning into slits as he glared up at Soo Man’s face, anger burning his gaze. “If you so much as lay a hand on my family, I swear I will---”

 

    “What will you do, Kwon? Look at you. You’re pathetic! Hyun Suk should have chosen a stronger man. What was he thinking with you?”

 

    “Shut the up! You know nothing! I may not be strong enough to kill you on my own but I swear to you YG will kill you...once they get a hand on you and your men, you’re done for. And you know that, don’t you? Isn’t that why you hide out in here so that we will not find you?”

 

    Soo Man’s smirk fell and turned into a wicked snarl. He glared at Young Hwan and stabbed the knife into his shoulder. Young Hwan gasped and coughed up blood. “I fear no one…Now, tell me what I need to know or else you can say goodbye to your precious family. And it seems…” Soo Man took out a photograph from his pocket and held it in front of Young Hwan.

 

    “Where did you---”

 

    “Where did I get this? I have my ways. I must say, you have a lovely little family. Your wife is quite beautiful. Oh, and what adorable children you have. It’d be such as shame if their blood was spilt, wouldn’t it? Your children look so young…”

 

    “You son of a !”

 

    “Cursing me won’t do you any good. I’ll give you one last change. Tell me where---”

    

    Soo Man was cut off when the sound of gun shots rang throughout the warehouse. SM’s men came rushing in, some of them falling to the ground as they were shot from behind. Young Hwan sighed in relief. He was saved. “You better start digging your grave, Lee Soo Man. Your death is quickly approaching.”

 

    “Fear not, Kwon Young Hwan. This is not the end. After all, I think I’ll be taking something rather important to you with me.”

 

    Soo Man dropped the photograph at Young Hwan’s feet and disappeared into the darkness. Young Hwan cursed under his breath as he struggle to free himself. He frowned when he the rope binding his wrists was cut off. He turned around to find Hyun Suk, his leader and best friend. “Well it’s about damn time you got here!”

 

    “Hey! It took us a while to track the GPS signal. Let’s get you out of here and have you wounds patched up.”

 

    “No! We need to go to my house first! My family is danger!”

 

    Hyun Suk nodded and helped his friend over to his car. They quickly drove off to the Kwon house and were startled to find it completely wrecked. Young Hwan stormed out of the car as he saw a few of SM’s vans parked outside of his house. The rest of YG arrived and ran into the house. Young Hwan and Hyun Suk followed after them. Young Hwan snapped his head up at the sound of his wife and children screaming and quickly ran up the stairs despite his painful injuries.

 

    He fought off SM’s men as they tried to prevent him from reaching his family. But there was no way in hell they were going to keep him from them! He grabbed one of the men and stabbed them in the stomach before throwing him over the railing. Hyun Suk shot two men in the forehead before they could attack his friend. Young Hwan broke down his and his wife’s bedroom door, raising his gun to shoot anyone who dared to lay a hand on his family. “Get the away from them!” He growled.

 

    Lee Soo Man’s right hand man, Young Min held a knife to his wife’s throat. Young Hwan was about to interfere but Young Min held the knife even higher. His eyes flickered over to his children who were cowering in the corner of the room beside his bed. “Get your filthy hands off my wife!”

 

    “You’re too late, Kwon. If only you told Soo Man what he wanted to know, you wouldn’t be in this situation. You have no one to blame but yourself. What were you thinking? Falling in love and having a family while living in the world you live in? How foolish of you.”

 

    “Shut the up and let her go or so help me I will---”

 

    “What are you going to do? I think I have the upper hand now. Now are you going to tell us what we want to know? Where are the drugs?”

 

    Beads of sweat rolled down Young Hwan’s forehead as he aimed the gun at Young Min’s head. However, if he shot him, there was still a risk that his wife might get hurt in the process and he couldn’t risk that. “Young Hwan...I’ll tell him.” Hyun Suk whispered from behind him.

 

    “What? Hyun Suk!”

 

    “No! I will not stand by and watch you lose your family! Young Min, let his wife go and I will tell you everything.”

 

    Young Min smirked and pushed Young Hwan’s wife at him. Young Hwan embraced his wife in a tight hug, thankful he got there just in time. “Young Hwan, I never thought I’d see your face again…” His wife sobbed.

 

    “I know, Jagi. I know. It’s ok now. We’re safe…”

 

    Hyun Suk left himself breathe a sigh of relief and turned his attention toward Young Min. “There is a warehouse located at the pier just south from here. I’ll call my men off so you can take what’s there. You should have no problem getting it.”

 

    “You’re a wise man, Hyun Suk...but you are also a fool.”

 

    Young Min spun around and stabbed Young Hwan’s back. Young Hwan gasped as he fell to his knees, his wife screamed as her husband crumbled before her eyes. His two children rushed over to him and cried. “Appa! Appa!”

 

    “Young Min, you bastard!”

 

    Hyun Suk took it upon himself to shoo the man in the neck. Young Min collapsed onto the ground, his neck gushing blood. Hyun Suk rushed over to his friend’s side and bit his lip to suppress himself from crying. Men like him weren’t supposed to show expression afterall. “H-Hyun Suk…” Young Hwan reached out a bloody hand to grasp onto Hyun Suk’s shirt.

 

    “I’ll call for help. You’ll be fine.”

 

    “No...I won’t make it. Hyun Suk, you must promise me to protect my family...please...keep them safe.” Young Hwan coughed up another mouthful of blood.

 

    “I-I promise...but we there’s still time. We can still save you. Just let me call someone! You can’t leave your family behind like this!”

 

    Young Hwan’s eyes began to drift close and a slight smile appeared upon his blood stained lips. “I trust you to protect them. And J-Jiyong, my son…”

 

    “A-Appa…”

 

    His son, who has just turned ten the other day, held onto his father’s hand, endless tears streaming down his face. “My son, you’re the man of the house now...protect the family...keep your mother and sister safe...be strong…”

 

    “I-I will. Appa, you can’t leave! Please!”

 

    “I’m sorry...Jiyong...I’m sorry…”

 

    Young Hwan breathed his last breath and his held rolled to the side. Hyun Suk stared down at his best friend in shock. The cries of his now deceased friend’s wife and children brought him out of his trance. He placed a hand on the little boy’s shoulder. “Jiyong...your name is Jiyong, isn’t it?”

 

    The little boy lifted his head and nodded. “Yes, sir.”

 

    “We’re going to protect your mother and sister now, ok? No harm will come to them. I’ll make you strong like your father.”

 

    “O-ok…”

 

    Hyun Suk smiled gently at the boy. He resembled his father so much and knew he’d be perfect for YG. Hyun Suk himself could not produce an heir so it only made sense to train the boy to become a fearless gangster like his father. This way he could keep YG going and protect the family at the same time. This was the only way he could honor his best friend. Rest in peace, Young Hwan...rest in peace…


 

Fifteen years later…

 

    A young man perched himself upon the rooftop of a building, his eyes continuously scanning the dark streets for any signs of danger. His eyes narrowed when he saw suspicious looking men lurking around the building. He wasted no time and slid down the fire escape, landing soundly on the ground behind them. He leaned against the wall and cleared his throat.

 

    The three men whipped around, pointing their guns at him. He sighed as he casually scratched the back of his head with his own gun. The men, knowing who the man before them was, trembled with fear. “Hello, gentlemen...is there anything I can help you with?”

 

    “T-tell us where the money is!”

 

    The man smirked and got off of the wall, slowly walking toward the men. They staggered back, quickly losing their tough facade. One of the bed bravely held his gun out and attempted to shoot the man but missed since his hand was shaking so much. The man glanced at the bullet hole in the wall beside his head before looking over to the man who dared to fire at him. “That was dangerous. That could have killed me. You should’ve done so when you had the chance.”

 

BAM! The man shot the man who shot him in the leg. He yelped and fell to the ground. The two men beside him were about to help him up but the other man stopped him. “Leave him. I’m giving you three five seconds to get out of my sight. If you can make it, I’ll let you live. If not...well, you know what comes next. Your time starts now…”

 

The two men looked at each other before scrambling to get away. “One...two...three…” The man’s grin broadened. “Five…”

 

He lifted his gun and shot the two men in the back of their heads. The man on the ground glared up at the other man standing before him. “Opps...did I skip a few numbers? I was never good at math anyway…”

 

“You are a cruel man, G-Dragon. A cruel man!”

 

“I am not cruel. The world is. I was simply doing them a favor by taking them out of it. Tell me, who sent you?”

 

“Wouldn’t you like to know!”

 

BAM! The man screamed in agony as the man named G-Dragon shot one of his fingers off. “YOU SON OF A !”

 

“You should know that I’m not a very patient man. Let’s try this again...who sent you?”

 

“...off…”

 

“Tsk, you people just never learn, do you know?”

 

BAM! BAM! Blood splattered G-Dragon’s face as he shot the man’s fingers clean off, each, one by one. The man writhed around on the ground in pain, clutching his bloody and fingerless hand. As much “fun” as this was, GD had had enough. And so he grabbed the man by his collar and yanked him up so that they were face to face. “This is your last chance…tell me...who do you work for?”

 

The man spit blood in GD’s face in response. GD wiped the blood off and smiled a creepy smile at the man. “Very well…”

 

GD pressed the gun to the man’s chest and pulled the trigger. The man gasped out, his eyes widening and pupils dilating. “F- you, G-Dragon...go...to...hell…”

 

With that, the man fell unconscious. GD shoved the man off of him and stood up from the ground. He looked at the dead man, his face stoic and eyes completely emotionless. “You fool...I’m already in hell..”

 

GD wiped the blood off of his gun and looked down at the man again. It had been fifteen years since his father was killed before his own eyes and since Hyun Suk took him in and trained him to be the heartless killer he was today. Hyun Suk was well beyond his years to lead YG and so the position was passed down to GD. He had been YG’s leader for the past three years and did a damn good job striking fear in the hearts of surrounding gangs.

 

He was not the same weak, helpless little boy he was fifteen years ago. No, he was different now. Kwon Jiyong no longer existed. He was G-Dragon, the cold, deadly, heartless leader of YG. Jiyong had died a long time ago and now GD took his place, a man who knew nothing but to kill, to feel nothing when he did kill. The only thing he cared about in this world was his family. His mother and sister was the only thing he held most dear to him at the moment. If something should happen to them, he’d go mad...insane even.


Because of everything that had happened to him over the years, he stopped believing in miracles...in hope. There was no light, no justice, no happiness in this cruel world. He’d realized that at a very young age. He was a man who had no place in his heart for hope. His heart was dead and he thought it would never beat again...until he met HER

                            -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

First chapter is done! Thought I'd give you guys a feel of this story. It will be a bit on the darker side and quite bloody and violent. I know this chapter isn't the best but I hope you all give this a chance. :) Please do comment and subscribe! 

THANK YOU,

DragonSpirit