II.

She

TOP bought another round of whisky, a first for him and a second for Bom. When their drinks arrived, Bom did not bother to thank him but it was alright with him. Being with her and wanting to get into that beautiful mind.

"How is it, dear?" asked TOP. Bom drank it to the last drop and stood up, not answering TOP and walked away, far away from where the party was. As far as she was concerned, she needed to be alone. 

"Wait!" TOP said. He jolted from his seat and chased her outside of the VIP lounge.

She who always seem so happy in a crowd

Whose eyes can be so private and so proud

No one's allowed to see them 

When they cry

Bom ran all the way to the balcony of the building. Since the VIP lounge was on the highest floor of the hotel, Bom thought that she would rather get some fresh air after being in that congested party place with loud music and drunk people. Away from the noise. 

Away from anything.

She may be the love that cannot hope to last 

May come to me from shadows of the past

That I'll remember til the day I die

Bom's tears flowed steadily from her eyes. Over and over her shoulders shook and hunched as she cried her soul out of her body. The cries were loud, close to a scream. Nobody heard her. Nobody saw her behind the velvet curtains that obscured the elite from the unworthies. 

Bom felt unworthy.

Wiping the tears from her eyes, she then figured what she was going to do. She now knew what she had to do. Gripping the balcony rail and still clad in that beautiful red dress that had a slit, she took her heels off and shrunk a few inches. Comfortable, she placed a foot on the ledge and pulled herself up, following it up with another. 

Bom was standing on the balcony of the 25th floor of a hotel. And everybody was oblivious to it. 

TOP dashed to the balcony and was terrified to see Bom on the ledge. Tears streamed down her eyes, looking through him. They were glassy, sullen, broken, beaten. 

But nonetheless, very beautiful. 

"No." TOP yelled. Bom closed her doe eyes and took a leap from the balcony. Luckily TOP was quick enough to grab her hand. Bom awoke and realized that she wasn't falling but hanging. Hanging from a very high place. The screams this time were of fear and not of sadness. Now, she felt the desire to live. 

"Let go of me. It's not worth it." she begged, the depression coming back.

"I'M NOT LETTING GO!" TOP said, grabbing both her arms and pulling her up. 

She may be the reason I survive

The why and wherefore I'm alive 

The one I'll care for 

Through the rough and rainy years

Bom agreed to be saved. For once she felt valued, she felt loved. She did not feel like a plaything, a commodity. She actually mattered. TOP pulled her up and saved her from a possible suicide. He aided her past the balcony and held her shaking body in his arms. Bom felt his warmth as TOP absorbed her coldness.

Me I'll take her laughter and her tears

And make them all my souvenirs

For where she goes I got to be

The meaning of my life is...

She...

She...

TOP did not take Bom back to the party, instead he spent a silent moment with her at the hotel park. They strolled and eventually settled on a bench, watching the moonlight before them.

All in a world of their own. 

Oh, she.