I.

She

The party was lively. It was attended by the most recognized individuals in Korea. Socialites, celebrities, singers, actors, anyone who's an anyone was at the grand ball thrown by one of the richest music executives in KPop history-YG himself.

Of course, ever present were his talents, Big Bang, 2NE1, Epik High, and anyone who's anyone under his record label. This night was for them and for their guests and everybody was absolutely required to have a good time. 

As Big Bang, one of the most popular boybands in South Korea for the past few years, were chilling by the booth, drinking expensive liquor and eating caviar off imported biscuits with quality cream cheese, TOP couldn't help but notice 2NE1 from a distance. Yes these girls were like sisters to them, being their female versions and all. They were really tight with the group and they would love it so much for them to join them at the table.

"Parties ain't fun without these ladies" said resident smooth-talker Taeyang. He rose from his seat and somewhat glided towards teh bar that the four ladies of 2NE1 were chilling at. He placed an arm around Dara's shoulder before looking back at GD and winking at him. GD had a look of playful jealousy on his face. 

"Hey girls!" he said.

"Hey Teydaddy!" they said in unison.

"You girls look kinda lonely there. Join us over at the lounge. Chilling, eating caviar. High life, ladies. High life." said Taeyang. CL, Minzy, and Dara followed him.

"No thanks. I think I'm gonna stay behind." Bom said calmly. Taeyang had a look of concern on his face. Bom was usually hyperactive and fun to be around. It was such a wonder why she was suddenly so quiet and withdrawn. All she had with her was a glass of whisky on the rocks.

She may be the face I can't forget

The trace of pleasure or regret

May be my treasure or the price I have to pay

TOP eyed her. She seemed so withdrawn, unlike her peers. She had a look on her face that suggested solemnity, solitude, sorrow even. Her mind seemed to emanate maturity and wisdom as to why she was so withdrawn. That long auburn hair, straight flowing down from her roots like a waterfall. It concealed her beautiful face which he had seen so many times. Bom turned around and saw the other 2NE1 members laughing and having a good time with the Big Bang guys. She smiled a small one and turned back around, drinking her whisky to the last drop.

She may be the song that summer sings

May be the chill that autumn brings

May be a hundred different things

Within the measure of a day

TOP wanted to get to know her, but she seemed so distant, so aloof. It was as if she resided in a universe all of her own, like no one was allowed to enter and thrive with her. Bom seemed cold. Yes, cold. Cold like the North Pole in December. But TOP was a trooper. He was a mountain climber who trodded Mt. Everest* and he was willing to travel through this chilly slope that was her planet.

She may be the beauty or the beast

May be the famine or the feast

May turn each day into a heaven or a hell

Bom sat alone, still. It wasn't a new thing to the girls as they were used to her doing this. Isolating herself and being alone with her thoughts. Bom may have seemed lively during their performances but this time, she was as meek as a mouse. TOP wished to change that, so he walked towards her and started to converse smoothly with her.

"Is that whisky on the rocks?" he asked, a gentlemanly smile on his face. Bom recognized this deep, masculine voice and felt a thud in her heart. She was at a loss for words.

"Whisky? Is that what you're drinking, dear?" asked TOP. 

"Yes." came a soft answer from Bom's beautiful, amaranth lips. 

"I love whisky. Don't you just?"

"It's my drink of choice." Bom said, emotionless.

Why did she not react. She didn't seem to have any feelings. Was she calculated? Was she secretly evil? TOP didn't know.

But he wished to. 

She may be the mirror of my dreams

A smile reflected in a stream

She may not be what she may seem

Inside her shell...