Chapter One : Idiosyncracy

Strip

   Lu Han sits in a corner, trying to shake off the disgusting feel. The money in his pocket seems to burn his sides. He still can't believe he went ahead with this idiotic idea. At least now they have enough money to pay for the rent, he reasons. It was a quick solution to a problem, easy money they say, but he can't help but feel violated.


    It was partly his fault for even thinking he'll win. He never won a bet. NEVER. It's either he's stupid (which he doesn't think he is) or the guys are actually doing something behind his back. He'd guess it would probably be the latter. And letting Jong In and Se Hun on their own devices was not a stunning idea, knowing how one idiot and another idiot put together could only mean disaster. He still seethes at the injustice of it all. Those two were the ones who spent the rent money for booze and women they weren't even interested at, just so they could up the brats sitting at one of the booths right across from theirs. He's not going back to that bar. That bar was pure evil, even if Se Hun thinks the bartenders were hot.


    A tap on his shoulder brought him out of his mini monologue-slash-self pity-slash-intellectual-wondering-slash---


    "Lu Han? I wasn't sure at first... You looked..." the person pointed a finger to his head and began moving said finger in a circular motion, Lu Han had to squint, the hotel corridor was dimly lit and he can't make out the person's face. What is this person on about? 


    Lu Han abruptly stands up after (finally) finding out what the other person meant. Said person better be more than an acquaintance or else, rawr! He wasn't expecting someone to see him here, he knows this is a public corridor and people could walk in and out as much as they please, but a person actually knowing his name being here in the same location as he is, unless— 

    "Yi Xing? Why are you here?"


    "Why are YOU here? This is ermmm, quite an expensive hotel. I don't think you can afford it, Han—“
    

    "I inquired first..." Lu Han countered.


     There was a pause. Yi Xing tilts his head to the side eyeing the door close to where they were standing. "Wait... Don't tell me..." The incredulous look in his face tells Lu Han that the boy has figured everything out. How and why that happened when Zhang Yi Xing is always the last one to get a joke.

  

    "I didn't go there willingly..." 

    

    "Of course you didn't... Stop making stupid bets, you know you never win any..."


    He has a point, but Lu Han's not going to admit to that. Somewhat irritated by Yi Xing's previous statement, he eyed the boy with suspicion and asked "Hey, wait… You haven’t answered my question, what are you doing here?"


    "Angry doesn't suit you, Han... I'm checking on a friend's cousin. But seeing that it was you who they got as a... visitor, I think there's nothing to worry about, unless they got another..."


     "Nope, it was just me..."


     There was a couple minutes of silence, A comfortable one. Lu Han's waiting for Yi Xing to ask about the details but knowing his friend since they started off in University, he'd most likely have spaced out and forgot his purpose. He wanted to clarify everything, Yi Xing already guessed about him losing a bet, but that's not the entire story. He still needs to regain his dignity.


    "So... Coffee?"


    "Huh?" Lu Han was waiting for an actual sentence to follow.


    "Sorry... Do you want to get coffee or something..."


    Lu Han smiles. Yi Xing's always perceptive. He knows Lu Han wants to rant. He'd be an awesome friend if he wasn't always spacing out. "Are you asking me out?" He asks, playfully.


    "Ew, no..."


     "Ya!"
 

xoxo


   An hour later, Lu Han has spilled the entire nightmare. He felt relieved that finally someone from outside his direct circle of idiotic friends knows the story. He decided to forget everything else. He did tell the girl who hired (Ugh! That word still makes his skin crawl) him that he doesn't want anyone taking pictures or ,whatever higher being forbid, videos of the entire event. The girl happily obliged probably entranced by his manly good looks.


    "I'm glad you were here Xing Xing... I feel a lot better..." he smiled. Even better if his friend, who's looking thoughtfully at him, would pay for the coffee.


    "Huh?"


    A frown marred Lu Han's perfectly shaped (or so he thinks and he thinks everyone should also think so, is that so many thinks in one sentence?)face, "Zhang Yi Xing, were you even listening?"


    "Ummm, you were saying?"