Page 2

Plain secrets

Gently , I closed the door behind me , the dark room where I usualy creep in. My eyes focused onto my front , which led me to my living room . White , black and red furniture decorated the room . I just follow where my legs brought me and here I am now , infront of the huge window , the main attention in my house . Without this window , my apartment wouldn't get any sunlight getting into my average spaced room . 

Cold . The first word I ever think of once my fingers pressed against the glass right before my palms did and then slowly , pressing my nose too which creates vapour as I blow the hot air out from my nosestrills . I observed the quiet surrounding infront of my apartment building from the 3rd floor where my room is located . Some people would pass by with their childs along or some of them would smoke and let the puffs of smoke wanders around the air before it dissapears as the cold air blew them away . My gaze would never get off the mens down there . After a while chatting while smoking their cigarette , they bid each other goodbye and get inside their car and drove away , after throwing the 'unfinished' cigarette in the bushes  where the beautiful flowers are . Poor flowers .

 

" You're awake ?" 

 

A familiar voice startled me from behind . It was soft . Probably because it was morning plus , the person was a few meters away from me . I turned my head , wanting to find the owner of the voice . And it was her . An early 20's lady , watching me from my head to my toes before creating a small smile too me , but I don't . I just stared at her , didn't smile . She lets her blonde hair falls through her shoulders and it actually makes her look more elegant like she does . Charismatic , bad , fierce lady , thats what people say . But I don't . To me , she's just a warm-hearted woman who takes care of her little sister . Yes , she's my sister . My protective sister with full of 'sorries' . don't get what I mean ?

It all started when I was 5 and she was 7 , coming to 8 . Like other sisters , we fight and play together , but she was the most annoying one . All nerdy and such a pain in the but hey , isn't it too early for a little kid hating on her sister ? Yea , I hated her . Until one day , a random day , where a small fire we both created destroyed our house in a blink of eye . The best thing is , our parents were trapped in there . And thats when I realized I'm an orphan . I mean , we're an orpan " In such a young age .. poor childerns"  I bet I heard more than that but I was just too busy being frozen while my sister wraps me tightly in her arms . All I can hear is just her sobs . The hot air blew to my ear . "Omma ... Appa " She said between her sobs . I can't move nor think . I froze . 

So then , I literally lived on the streets wandering around the vacant park since no one ever cared about me . Ever wondered why I only mentioned myself ? Well , I shouldn't mentioned my sister because she was adopted and been taken away when I was doing my bussiness in the public bathroom by some guy  . Stupid right ? How could she-- . I guess that's why she kept saying sorry even when she did nothing , up till' now . Anyhow , I stayed on the streets maybe for 1 or 2 days before a  woman  came to me after staring me for a while . From her eyes , I could see this 'gentle' aura she brought along . With that motherly smile , I couldn't resist myself hoping that a miracle would happen . Beside her , there was a guy . Probably her husband . A great one from what I see .  

I can't help myself but to smile when they approaches me and asked my name . " Lee Jieun " My voice was horse . I was thirsthy , of course . My smile grew wider when the woman told me I was cute . And indeed , like walking on sunshine , I never stopped smiling . " Let's adopt her " These two angels provided me a sweet-cozy home for me to live in . Education and others which I felt like I'm really their daughter and Thank god they're rich too , I shouldn't be worrying about all the payments for my singing and guitar class  . Plus , they also had a son which could be my friend later when we got home . And thats when I met this boy which turns out to be my best friend . " His name is Byun Baekhyun " I never get tired calling his name . It was just too perfect . 

After being a part of the Byuns' for years , I'm finally a 20 years old lady . A talented guitarist my Byun parents want me to be , I'm also a writer . An amateur . One day , I gave myself a chance a break in a warm paris-like cafe after a week driving myself insane over the test I passed . So , like usual , I'm with my laptop , writing story of how a girl survived a week with only a bar of chocolate . Don't ask me why my books weren't popular that time . I was busy typing when someone called my name . I looked up and saw a lady . Her eyes reminds me of someone . and when I realized it , I was already being hugged by her . I'm shocked . Really . " Jieun , I'm sorry I left you . I'm really , really sorry " 

" Wanna have breakfast ?" Her voice got me back to reality . I was haunted by the past , again .... I slightly nooded and she smiled . I started my steps as she throwed her hand gesture to me before turning back , walking to the kitchen . " Come on " . My eyes widen as I arrived at the dining table . " Wow , never knew you were in the kitchen "  I said while my eyes were on the menu for today . I can't believe that she cooked all of this . " Whoa , you talked quite a lot today . Well , you know , you would live your life with only nod either saying yes or no . Suprise , suprise " Hearing that , I trailed my eyes onto her face . She really looked suprise but with a 'happy' feels . 

Ignoring her , I took my seat and followed by her , facing me . " Let's dig in " With that , I shove the spoon full of omelette into my mouth , chewing them in delight . 

Instead of showing any reaction , I wasn't into the omelette anymore . It was the memories . Oh-no . Not again ..

" Byun Baekhyun ! get up you lazy !" I shouted as I slapped his back which was facing me non-stop . 

" Leave me alone , Jieun ... " He said lazily as he pulled his blanket until it covers his head . Getting annoyed , I pulled the blanket away from him , dropping it on the floor . Let him be . Let him feel the coldness , haha . 

" Seriously ! How annoying !" He finally got up while me ? I only smirked when I saw he frowned .

" Mum and dad are waiting for you " I was about to leave him alone when he told me to wait . I raised my brows as he rubbed his half-closed eyes . 

" What did Mum cooked? " He asked . 

" Hmm , nothing much.. --- There's bread , cereal , cofee&Tea and your favourite omelette " I told him and stared at him turning to his 'excited' mode . 

" Really ?! Then , what for wasting time ?" He immedietly dashed out from his room , running downstairs. " The last one to reach there , must feed me !" I panicked . He was almost reaching to the dining table when I was just taking my first step downstairs . 

" I can't belive an 18 year old would still do that !" I shouted . I was serious but everyone was laughing . Maybe they wouldn't know how difficult it is to feed Baekhyun . What a baby .. 

 

" Why aren't you eating ? Does it taste bad ?" My sister probably have noticed that I was showing no reaction and how blank I was . And yes , there goes the mood-wrecker . I'm the one who would make everyone loose their appetite . And I wasn't sorry for that . 

Chaerin laids her fork back onto the plate while chewing her omelette as she looked at me . I could sense the sad and dark Chaerin behind the fierce and bad CL . She just looked disapointed . Oh great .. 

" I guess it does taste a bit salty .. I'm sorry , but does it taste that bad ?"

" No , I---"

" Or is it Baekhyun ?" 

I kept quiet while my eyes avoids any eye contact with her . It was an intense situation . I could feel the fierce CL .. " Its not what you think CL ,-" I tried to explain but she cutted me off . 

"Call me Chaerin unnie . As if you're not get used to it ,,hmph " She snorted but then realized her act . I knew she just want to be the best for me .. I opened my mouth but nothing came out . 

" Jieun-ah , look at me " I hesitated to but I do it anyways . And thats when our eyes met . She has this beautiful yet mystery eyes every girls could die for . Hazzel brown . Strong , fierce and serious . 

"  listen to me , he died 3 weeks ago . Just let him rest in peace , huh ? I know you loved him so much but .. " She paused       " But he has to go . His time has come . " 

I hated this . A topic where it has to brag out about Baekhyun .. and his death .

I know he's dead . I acknowledge that ! But there's something that attracts my attention . He left without telling me anything . That's why I think that its my current mission . I have to know why , why and why . I loved him so much . More than a best friends should be . I don't know if he knows this but Byu Baekhyun , I- I- 

" I'm going out for a while " I said , leaving my sister alone , feeling depressed . I do feel a bit sorry but hey , 

 

"I have to do this "  COMMENT&SUBSRCIBE -SQUISHYMARSH