Page 3

Plain secrets

So , here I am now . In the city of Seoul . Strangers on my both sides , walking pass me . I didn't care much when some of them scolded me for not walking but hey ! I couldn't help but to stare at the small park across the street.  Some teenagers walking in a group of boys and girls into the park and possibly are my friends whom I've lost contact with since years ago . I'm a stranger then , of course . But somehow , my eyes never left this one girl . A beautiful one who was my old best friend . Bae Suzy , A betrayer . Thinking of the old memories makes me want to punch her in the face but yeah ,, I was just too weak . 

I was just a 17 year old teenage girl who suffers Leukemia back then when she betrayed me . Nobody , except her knew my secret . Even though Baekhyun's mother and I share secrets together but who on earth would tell a mom that she likes her son ? No , right ? or there is ? I don't know . Anyhow , that's not what I'm going to discuss now . It's all about how I caught Suzy kissed Baekhyun . 

Feeling boring laying on the hospital bed , I went out without anyone knowing . Baekhyun's parents or which I usually call as " Mum and Dad " are doing their  works in the office so yeah , I was alone . The weak Lee Jieun walking in the vacant hallway basically fell on the ground when she saw a couple kissing . I froze especially when the girl is her best friend . And that guy .. I thought he went out to his piano class .Tip-toeing, Suzy cupping Baekhyun's cheeks as he leaned on the wall . His eyes widen and his hands on his side . He looked suprised and frighten . Mental breakdown"Oh my god ".   That's how our friendship died . I don't want to tell you the rest of the story because its just wasting my time but one thing , I'm a suvivor . But still , I depend on my drugs to keep on living . I brought some in my bag too . Just in case. 

" Ouch !"

I stumbled . A guy bumped me on my shoulder . I turned my head , and met with a guy's angry eyes . "You stupid woman , you're blocking my way " All I can do is just bow and mouthed 'sorry'  . He left after shooting me with his glare and when that happens , I shrugged and walk away . Now I know why Chaerin unnie wouldn't let me wander all alone by myself . ' Bad people ' she said . Well , she's a bad girl herself though . 

" I'll come back later " I said as a took a glance at the park . 

As time passed , I stopped where my feets brought me . " The Gallery " . The place where Baekhyun and I would go together on both of our hard and free time . A very , very precious place for us . It was empty . Nobody was there and thats not what I should be suprised of . An empty gallery but full of art is more pleasant to hear . Those beautiful painted art were hanged on the plain white walls as the lighting of the bulb shone brightly , making the surrounding brighter as ever . That is why I thought that this memorial place would remain the same even without the main character , Byun Baekhyun . 

From rooms to other rooms  I've went , still , the person I was looking for wasn't anywhere . But , I have nothing to worry about . There's still 2 more room which I haven't  encounter , which was his office and his work place . It might have the same word but It was actually different . I didn't expect him to be in his office so I immedietly went to the work place I said before . 

My steps stopped right infront of a door . It was different from the others which were white in color , it was a wooden door . It may sound rude but I didn't knock . I just went in once I pushed the door open . Here you are . The back of his is facing me as he kept sketching the white feather on the black coloured block . I've exprienced this many times before , so I know what to do . I would just stayed at my usual spot and watch him from a far . And then , my eyes caught an empty seat and a canvas on the left side of him . That's the place where Baekhyun would usualy seat . I took a deep breathe and looked away . 

The guy suddenly gets up from his stool and turn around . He's handsome as usual , with his golden coloured hair and his uniqe style of clothing , Cool , I guess . My eyes met with his and realized that he was smiling . He came to me as he opened his arms , wanting to hug me and yes he did . He pulled me into a tight hug . His smile earlier has dissapeard . I didn't respond to it though . I don't know why . 

" I feel sorry for you .. I missed him too , you know ?" I didn't react to it either . I was thinking so much . On how he knew the news that Baekhyun was dead when he was in overseas and etc . If you don't know who he is , then to let you know , he's Baekhyun's close friend which I thought was his uncle or family related but thats what Baekhyun told me , just a close friend . He's an artist and is the owner of this gallery . Baekhyun would paint , draw or whatsoever and donate his masterpiece to this gallery of him . Because I am very thankful to him he said . When the gallery was first opened last time , it was nothing than a boring illustration of his but when Baekhyun offered himself to help him , this gallery was about to be complete . He's also me and Baekhyun's art teacher . He's just awesome when it comes to drawing . 

"Kris ..?" 

"Hmm ..-?"

"How's Canada ?" I said , wanting to lessen the awkwardness beside of changing the topic . 

" Great ! But it turns out to be gloomy when I heard that Baekhyun passed away from--" He stopped . And then , breaking the hug as he pushed me slowly . I raised an eyebrow . He could only smile , shaking his head . 

And I ? I would act stupid like I usually do . Act like nothing ever happen . 

" BTW , why did you want to come ?" I asked as I saw him clapped his hands . 

" Yeah ! I almost forgot about that ! Jieun-ah , how about you wait in you and Baekhyun's favourite place . I'll come to you later " Kris led me outside and we went on our separate ways . I to the right and Kris to the left . 

And thats how I ended up sitting on the weird looking leather sofa in the middle of the room . However , its not a common room like others . This one is special . More spacious and cozy . And most of all , its a room only for Baekhyun and I to make our creations . We would create a masterpiece together and then when its complete , it would be on display . I stood up , walking around in the room , staring at the unfinished work we made . It wasn't finished but It looked beautiful already . Most of them do . Then , I met with this wooden statue . It was supposed to be Kris's figure but it turns out bad when I accidentaly missed carving his 5th finger . See how a small mistake would make the whole thing ruined ? 

I reached out my hands , like Baekhyun would do , I touched the surface and gently it , wanting to communicate with this non-living thing yet , It didn't work on me . I was about to continue observing the other things we made when something caught my eyes . There's something behind this statue . I bend down , reaching for the cream coloured------- wait . this is .. 

"A canvas ?" The voice in my head took over my mind . Yeah , a canvas ?

Now , I'm holding it with both of my hands as my eyes observed the paintings . Mixed of blue , purple and----- My brain starts to process something . 

" Byun Baekhyun , tell me why do we have to fill this canvas with blue , purple , indigo and other blue related colors ? Its nothing more than-" 

" Space ? Nice " He cutted me off and continues painting which was more to destroying . He was just splashing the colors messily and then mixing them together . 

"It looks more like a galaxy-- Anyways , why are you doing this ?" I said as I took a peek at the 60% undone painting when Baekhyun turned back staring at me , smiling . 

" What's the difference of space and galaxy huh ?  " He left a mark of a purple color of paint on my right cheek . Making me to flinch while he was laughing out loud . 

"Its for Kris hyung , since he loved galaxy so much .Its a suprise , don't tell him about this.  " He turns back to his painting . 

I nooded and went to the door . 

" I'm going to wipe this paint off . Bye " I told him as I walked out . 

"Don't go too long " Did I heard long ? Baekhyun ? Really ? Thats impossible though . 

But eventually , I ran back to the room . 

" Yah ! Kris is coming ! " I said carefully but in a panic mode . And yes , Baekhyun did go crazy . 

" where  should I hide this ? where ? where ?" He runs back and forth , asking me , asking himself  endless of questions . 

" Baek ? Jieun ? are you guys in there ?" A deep voice called from behind the door which made our hearts dropped . 

He stared at me for a few seconds and ran to me . And on the same time , the door opened . 

" Guys , do you want to have some snacks or-- What the " He froze smiling creepily . 

Baekhyun's right hand on my waist and the other I don't know where but when I trailed it down , it was behind the statue beside me but still , I was shocked , our lips are only few inches apart . 

" don't tell me you both are finally a couple " Kris's smile got wider than ever . 

" NO WAY !" 

So yeah , that's how the painting stuck there for all over the years . I chuckled remembering the past . Hiding the canvas back , I went to Kris when he came into the room handing me a huge package . I looked at him , full of dumbness . 

" Take this home . It's from Baekhyun . You should go home now , its getting late " He said . 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Though my body is getting weaker , I kept on wandering to the park I promised to come back . A huge package and my bag on my left hand , everyone would take a small glace at me and I would ignore them . My old friends . I shut my eyes , continue walking when a bunch of guys blocks my way . " Woah , Jieun is getting pretty !" The blonde said , Zelo you brat . Well yeah , Zelo is one of my best friend who got influence by his friends .

 " Your ex-girlfriend , Zelo?"  The dark skinned one asked . " I wouldn't date her , seriously . Her boyfriend is a one you should get away from . That badass .. If I meet him again , I'll probably rip him into twos" Zelo's words actually made me sad so I ran away . Wanting to get away from their annoying laughs . 

I rested under a tree . Breathing heavily . I lost lots of my energy for something useless . Since I was extremely tired , I decided to go home and open this package if something didn't caught my attention . There was a guy . A familiar . who got his arms around a girl's neck . The girl has a shorter hair than me , just a bit . The guy , got two ice cream and handed one to her . I can't move . This has to be a dream . 

"Baekhyun !" I shouted but the guy wasn't hearing . I opened my mouth but then I shut it right away when both of them stood up , walking away . I managed to take a look at the guy again and like I saw before , It's Baekhyun . And that girl , I didn't got to see her . 

frightened , I ran out from the park , just right after they did . I leaned against the wall of a cloth store as my thoughts wandered to wonderland . This is a dream . Baekhyun has died , he can't possibly woke up from his dead . Then , who's that guy ?

Just then , 

" Jieun-ah !" 

I startled upon hearing a familiar voice calling out my name . After looking everywhere , finally , my eyes landed on a lady in a car . She was wearing shades even though its already 6 in the evening . She called me before opening the door , letting me to come in . 

I looked around and spotted a guy driving  . Probably Chaerin unnie's manager . I was sitting beside her as she observed me . 

" I was so worried about you . That's why I went out and search for you . Hey ,  why are you so pale huh?" She said as she cupped my cheeks .

"Chaerin unnie ?"

"Yeah ..?"

 

 

"I'm not crazy"             

COMMENT&SUBSCRIBE-SQUISHYMARSH