Chapter 5

Baekchen Collection

    Kyungsoo finds Baekhyun trying to look casual while crouching behind a row of benches next to the dining hall.

    "Do I even want to know?" he asks.

    Baekhyun hushes him, dragging the college senior down.

    "I think Jongdae's planning something for me when I get lunch, so you're going to have to get it for me, okay?"

    Kyungsoo just sighs, already so used to this that he has Baekhyun's lunch order memorized, and enters the dining hall muttering, "Graduation in three months… just three more months…."

 

    "Look at how far I've fallen, Jongin!  I'm majoring in quantum mechanics, but I'm so used to crouching behind bushes for Baekhyun that I have pads sewn into half my jeans," Kyungsoo laments while in line for food.

    "Jongdae's not much better, you know.  I've started bringing around an old sweatshirt for when he wants to get into high windows, and I'm majoring in physical chemistry," Jongin replies, grabbing a bag of chips.

    Kyungsoo snorts.  "Remember when people thought scientists were very serious, professional people?  And then the two professors in charge of the most complex and difficult research projects were the most childish, immature people I'd ever met?"

    Jongin frowns.  "But hyung, you're leaving me alone with them next year."

    "There's no way Baekhyun would survive without a research assistant.  I had to do his laundry last year, didn't I?"  Kyungsoo says, glaring at the extra piece of cake on his tray.  "I think you'll probably be stuck with Sehun.  Baekhyun adores the poor kid."

    Jongin is about to respond when a loud explosion rattles the windows.

    "Well that's my cue to leave," says Kyungsoo, smiling sardonically as he grabs an extra stack of napkins.

    Jongin mock salutes and turns around to find Jongdae, hair sticking up wildly, cackling softly.

    Jongin just sighs and moves to the window to see Kyungsoo picking up Baekhyun, who has been turned a violent shade of purple.

    "Is that going to wash out?"

    Jongdae just taps Jongin's nose.

    "Now where would the fun be in that?"

 

    The next day, Baekhyun's morning class comes in to learn about the Dirac adjoint and isn't even fazed by the purple professor.

    One girl even grins and says, "Please tell me Kyungsoo or Jongdae has pictures."

    "You can laugh all you want, Amber, but just remember that physics always beats chemistry."  Baekhyun his head, as if waiting for something.

    Right on cue, Kyungsoo strolls in looking bored.  He leaves the door open, and after a second of expectant silence, there's the sound of a quiet snap.

    The class holds its breath, waiting.

    "BYUN BAEKHYUN," bellows a certain Professor Kim.

    Baekhyun only chuckles and gestures for his class to sit down.

 

A/N: I just got back from China, and I happened to write this while bored on the train, so excuse any errors or weird wording.  China was so pretty, though, and let me just say that rice paddies are gorgeous and full-grown bamboo is adorable.  Anyway, Baekchen as college professors seemed like a thing that needed to be done, so I hope you guys like it! Sorry it's a bit short^^'