Chapter 3

Baekchen Collection

Jongdae comes home Friday afternoon to heavy metal blasting out of laptop speakers.  He knows what it means, so he quickly drops his bag on a chair, grabs a bar of chocolate, and cracks open the bedroom door.  Inside, the only sign of life is a slight rising and falling of the large lump of blankets on the bed.

Sighing, Jongdae slips in and leaves the chocolate on the nightstand.  He leans over to turn off the music and then lies down next to the lump, wrapping his arms around it.

The room is silent for a few minutes, and Jongdae just listens.  All he hears is faint breathing, so he takes that to mean it's okay to slowly draw back the blankets to reveal Baekhyun, whose lips crook into a small smile when their eyes meet.

Jongdae knows by now that he doesn’t need to say anything, and he just pulls the covers so that they are both cocooned in them.  Baekhyun takes a deep breath and snuggles into Jongdae’s chest, tucking his head into the other man’s neck.  He breathes in the scent of Jongdae’s cologne while the younger man rubs circles into his lower back.

Sometimes, Baekhyun finds himself in moods where he can’t be bothered to stay out of bed, and even though he is so frequently loud and confident, he has these days where he just feels a little hollow, like everything can be put on hold because he literally just does not have the energy to deal with it.  Jongdae, as Baekhyun’s childhood-best-friend-turned-boyfriend, is the only one who has been allowed to see this side of Baekhyun.  The first time, Jongdae flew into a panic, but they’ve settled into a pattern now.  They both know that this mood doesn’t go away because of any romantic gesture or extra chocolate or heavy metal, but it’s the most comfortable way for Baekhyun to deal with it.

They lie there for hours, and Baekhyun ends up dozing off.  When he wakes up, the room is dark, and Jongdae is snoring lightly, so he just slides a little closer.  Jongdae’s arms tighten in response, and Baekhyun’s lips curve into a sad smile.  He whispers a quiet apology into Jongdae’s collarbones, and while his boyfriend slumbers on, Baekhyun lays awake, staring blankly at the little freckles dotting Jongdae’s neck.

It’s around one in the morning when Jongdae yawns and curls inwards around the warmth in his arms.  He cracks an eye open to see that Baekhyun is awake and has a finger gently running down his sternum.  At Jongdae’s yawn, he looks up and presses his lips to Jongdae’s jawline in silent thanks.

“How are you feeling?” Jongdae’s whisper is deafening after so many hours of silence, carrying into every corner of the room.

Baekhyun just shrugs.  “I don’t really know.”

Jongdae nods and starts tracing lines into Baekhyun’s side.  “Do you want chocolate?”

They both know that the answer will be no, but Jongdae asks because he knows that when the answer is yes, things will be okay.  Until then, he simply tightens his grip on Baekhyun, presses a few kisses onto the love of his life, and hopes that the mood will subside.

 

 

A/N: Sorry for not updating too frequently!  I've been in a bit of an emotional slump lately, which makes for very few imagined scenarios that would fit baekchen, and I'm also working on a full-length fic at the moment, so apologies if I don't post much in here^^'  Also, I'm really terrible at naming things, so I'm probably going to end up calling the rest of these "Chapter __" unless I happen to think of a perfect title...just a heads up lol. Hope you're all doing well, and please don't be afraid to talk to me :)

EDIT: VERY IMPORTANT. IF YOU LIKE NECK FRECKLES, I HAVE A NECK FRECKLE TAG ON TUMBLR FOR YOU