Updates Part 3 & Demands

Who You Are As A Writer

Have you seen chapters with over 5000 words?

Or even more?

I bet you I did.

 

And at times, you'd be so excited and happy that the author finally updated with a long chapter?

But then at times, as you're reading it...you feel kind of bored.

Don't you?

I did.

 

Back to my last chapter regarding chapter length. Having like 5 paragraphs isn't going to be that impactful nor does it show the author's efforts.

Like seriously?

I'd have to wait months/years just for your 5 paragraphs?

As an author, you should put some effort into your work. For, it's your story. Put your effort in it, so that you are proud of what you write.

 

 

However, this time, I'm here to talk about chapters that are long. Maybe, way too long.

I think that in each chapter, each scene is important to the story's development, up to the and how the "problem" ends. It should be piling up.

I don't want extra information that's not going to be relevant to story. (Maybe in the extra chapters when you're done with the story?)

Too "wordy" can make it feel overwhelming for some as well.

 

The bottom line is that: If it fits and is relevant to the story, write it. If not, then save it for extra chapters at the end, when you're have finished the story.

~~~

Another thing I'm going to rant about is demands from an author.

When an author does that, it turns me off and at the same time pisses me off.

 

Ever seen this before?

 

"I'm not going to update until I reach 100 subscribers."

"I'm not going to update until I get at least 10 comments."

"I'm not going to update until I get at least 10 upvotes."

 

Frickin' pisses me off!

As a writer, you shouldn't demand things from readers.

They read your story out of their own will.

They have the right to do what they want. If they like your story, they'll comment. If they don't, they won't comment.

Authors like these...makes me shake my head.

I've had a friend that ranted about this as well. And I agree with them, it's blackmailing right there!

 

 

My Point of View:

I'd stick with at least 800 words but less than 10,000 words. (<-My opinion)

And the right way to ask for support is:

"Upvotes, comments, subscribers makes my day and it'd be appreciated."

"A comment wouldn't hurt."

That's fine.

But don't blackmail and demand your readers.

~~~

A/N:

Feel free to comment about your ideas and thoughts.

Cliches are next.