Bonus Chapter #2

Married To My Boss
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Bonus Chapter #2

 

"Dad?"

Kris lifted his eyes off the newspaper he was reading to his daughter's bright twinkiling eyes. She was still standing by the door of his office, fidgeting with her fingers as she chewed onto her bottom lip and she tucked her almond brown hair that covered the side of her face behind her ear after a while. He saw the slight hesitance in her eyes and wondered what was in her mind, but knowing Lauren, Kris would take a century before he was able to read her mind. So instead, he shifted his whole body to her direction and Lauren took it as a cue to finally approach her father. She circled the mahogany desk and shamelessly settled herself on his lap, causing him to chuckle before tucking her head underneath his chin.

"What is it, sweetheart?" he asked, his voice low and slightly husky with age. Instead of answering him, Lauren lifted her head and took in the image of her father. Wu Enterprise's Chairman was now fifty, yet there were no wrinkles to decorate his face; only that he looks more mature, manly and charismatic as the years past - causing him to actually look more handsome as he ages. She smiled when her father gave her a questioning look before shaking her head and leaned on him again, resting her right cheek on his shoulder.

She sighed in content as her father her hair, an action he never fails to do whenever they were together. Ever since she was a child, Kris would always her hair and then kiss her temple, just like he was currently doing. Again, nothing changed with the years although some actually did. Recalling why she was here in the first place, she leaned away again and looked at her old man.

"Dad, can you take the day off?" she asked and Kris raised an eyebrow at her. "Why?" he asked and Lauren smiled wider at him. "Because... you are taking me out on a date."

Kris actually laughed at this, causing his daughter to pout. He kissed her cheek and her eyes twinkled with hope, causing him to laugh once more. "You want to go out on a date with your old man?" he asked teasingly. Lauren frowned at him. "What's wrong with that? You're my hot old man," she replied, chuckling in the end.

"So you want to go out with me cause I'm hot?" Lauren laughed and shook her head. "No, even if you have wrinkles and walk around with a walking stick, I'd still go out on a date with you." Kris chuckled fondly and rubbed her back in a circling manner. "I don't know if my wife would like the idea of me going out with another woman though," he joked and Lauren smiled wider as she got up from his lap and took his hand in hers.

"Don't worry about her. I've personally contacted her and she told me to sweep you off your feet!" she exclaimed just as the thick wooden doors of the office opened, revealing two handsome men in suit. One had a file in his hand while another tucked in his pants' pockets, while the other had both of his hands in his pockets. The two raised their eyebrows in unison, and she mentally chuckled when she saw the identical reactions.

"Where are you taking him?" Aaron asked as he strode into the office, Aiden following right behind him while throwing her a grin. She grinned back at him before turning to her older brother. "None of your business," she replied and tugged her father's hand so he would stand up. The man complied and she grinned at him. 

Kris sighed with a small smile on his face before turning to his eldest son. "What do you have for me, Aaron?" he asked and the younger approached his desk to pass him the file he was carrying. Before Kris could open it, Lauren stopped him and turned to her brother. "Is it urgent?" she asked and Aaron chuckled in amusement before shaking his head. "Great!" she exclaimed and passed her father his coat. "You can check it out later then. Right now, we're busy."

"What's the rush, Lau?" Aiden asked from his spot on the chair in front of the desk. "You guys going out now? Dad just got in like an hour ago." Lauren nodded with a sigh. "Yes, so get off his back and let me have him for the rest of the day," she growled in annoyance, causing three men to laugh. "Feisty~" Aiden teased and she rolled her eyes.

Kris finished putting on his coat before grabbing her hand, putting an end before the could start their banter. "Come on, sweetheart. Let's go on that date." Lauren beamed so brightly that it made the rest of the Wus smile fondly in response before she dragged her father out of the office. "I'll leave things to you, Aaron!" Kris managed to tell his son before he disappeared through the doors.

Laughing, Aiden turned to his older brother and said "God, she never grows up." Aaron smiled and turned towards the door. "I'll kill her if she ever does," he muttured and Aiden smiled before following him out of the door.

 

 

"Why are we here, Lau?" Kris asked as they sat across from each other in a restaurant near Han River. They could see the view from right outside the window and forced himself to look away in order to look at his daughter. "For breakfast, of course." Lauren replied with a roll of her eyes and he leaned forward to lightly kno

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter