Zoo Date?

A Day(te) at the Zoo

The sun was up high in the sky, the birds were chirping happily, kids were out playing and you... were sound asleep in your bed, when you should be getting ready for your trip later today. Your alarm clock rang for about the fifth time, and you miraculously didn't hit snooze once again. Dragging yourself out of bed slowly, you went to the kitchen to get some coffee and breakfast. You had stayed up late last night watching dramas, and now regretted it. "Just one more episode, my ..." you thought as you took a sip. You heard a small bark and realized your puppy woke up, most likely because she smelled food. "Annyeong, my little baby," you said to her. "Are you hungry?" *bark!* "I'll take that as a yes," you giggled and pet her. You then went to fill her food and water bowls, and soon heard your phone ringing. "Oh great, it's probably HER..." Yesterday, your best friend told you to meet up with her at the zoo.

At first you'd thought it sounded a little childish, but you love animals, so how could you say no? It's been a really long time since you'd visited one anyway. You headed off to look for your ringing phone, and then picked up the call. "Yeoboseyo?" "___-ah! It's already noon, and we were gonna meet up at 1pm! Where are you?!" "Chill, unnie, I'm getting ready and the zoo's closer to my place than yours anyway. Why are you suddenly so impatient?" "I'll let you know as soon as you get here ... annyeong!" That was rather strange, even for her. She had hung up on you, not even giving a clue as to her "surprise". You decided to wash up and brush your teeth, and then you went off to your closet... time to pick an outfit! After a quick look out your window, you figured that today would be a pretty hot day. You found a pair of soft, black high waisted shorts with buttons, they were always your comfiest ones.

You also pulled out a white t-shirt you had with the logo for "Hyde" on it, written in black. What better way to express your emotions? You got a bracelet set you had and slipped into your pair of black converse. After quickly brushing your hair, you decided to grab your purse and hurry because it was already 12:30 p.m. "Oh, shoot!" you thought when you had noticed the time. You made sure to leave your puppy with whatever she would need before locking your door and making your way to your car. The drive to the zoo was silent, as you were too busy thinking and forgot to even turn on the radio. You paid your entrance fee and made your way inside, looking for your friend. When you couldn't find her, you decided to call her. "___, where are you? Weren't you so busy complaining earlier about how I was gonne be late? Well, it's already 1:45, and I don't see you." "Actually... I'm not going."

She laughed a little, and it infuriated you. But before you could manage to curse her off, she explained why. "___-ah, it's been way too long since you've dated. You got a new puppy now, but I know you're still lonely. Stop waiting for Mr. Perfect and start having some fun! In my place, I sent a very nice, SINGLE guy friend of mine. I have a feeling you two will hit it off!" "Ah, I see~. Thanks unnie," you laughed, "I'll be on my best behavior then. Bye~" You hung up. You then realized that you had no idea who you were supposed to meet... But fate works in its own strange ways. You bumped into someone as you went to turn around. "I'm SO sorry--" "___?" When the boy young man called you by your name, you then recognized him as one of your old classmates.

"Oh my gosh, Leo!" you paused, "I haven't seen you since senior year! Wow, it's been 2 years already, huh? How have you been?" You silently prayed for a response, as he was always rather shy and quiet. "I've been good, I'm studying over at SNC (Seoul National College), and you?" "I've been fine as well. I actually just got a puppy." His face lit up into the cutest little smile you've ever seen, and you felt a bit of heat in your cheeks. 'I never noticed how handsome he was...' you thought, 'and he's quiet, but he's really nice. This could go well after all.' "She's about two months old, and I just got her a week ago," but then you remembered something... "she doesn't have a name yet though," you confessed. "Really? I'm sure you'll come up with a great one soon enough." You felt your heart beating quickly. 'There's that smile again...' "I don't know if she told you yet, but um... I'm your blind date for today."

DID. HE. JUST. BLUSH? This boy just keeps getting cuter! "Also... I hope this doesn't make things awkward between us but, um... N-nevermind..." He seemed nervous, what could he have wanted to say? "It's okay, you don't have to tell me if it'll make you uncomfortable," you said. "Oh look, there's a show starting now!" You saw a crowd of people aiming for your destination as well. "Come on, Leo!" You smiled and gently tugged at his hand. He shyly held your hand and walked with you towards the zoo's performance hall. Throughout the show, you both looked like little kids, fascinated by the smallest of details. Filled with "oohs" and "aahs", the show eventually came to a close. 'Hm, so the zoo... and we both love animals... I see what you did now, unnie.' "Did you see the eagle?! It flew right over us!" you told him. "Mhm, and did you see the size of those tigers?" "They're so majestic and powerful~."

He nodded at your comment. "Look, there are..." Oh, right, he's soft spoken... You remembered one key problem in communication with him. "Leo, I'm so sorry, but I couldn't hear you," you said. He pointed to a nearby exhibit and extended his hand. "Then let me show you." you two arrive there shortly and soon realized what he had a pointed to, it was the new wolf exhibit! 'Ohh,' you thought, 'he wanted to see the wolves!' He went off reading a few of the facts that were posted around, and you couldn't help but sing part of EXO's "Wolf". "Geurae wolf, naega wolf! Aaawwoo~!" He then looked at you strangely... and then he laughed! The usually poker-faced Leo that never speaks! In one day, you saw sides of him that you'd never even imagined in all of your high school years together. "You're really cute, you know that?" He took a step closer to you, and noticed your shirt. "Oh! Y-you're wearing our shirt!" "OUR shirt? ... You're THE Leo from VIXX?"

*facepalm* "I always thought you looked familiar, but I guess I never connected the dots. Wow, you really did make it as an idol, congrats!" That won you another small laugh, which led to more rapid heartbeats. "___-ah, it means a lot to me to hear you say that. Thank you. Do you remember earlier I was going to tell you something?" You could only nod, you were still from the shock. He began to sing part of their latest single, "대.다.나.다.너" (G.R.8.U) to you, his gentle voice flowing through the wind and caressing your ears. With eyes now re-opened and a nervous expresion, he stopped when he reached the end of the chorus. "Ever since first year, when we met, I've had a crush on you. I almost confessed to you senior year... But I was too shy, and I ended up backing down. I thought 'She'd never like a guy like me... I'm just some guy. And she's smart, intelligent, beautiful... She deserves much better than me." "Leo, I.--" He suddenly grabbed your wrist with one hand and pulled you into a hug, wrapping the other arm around your waist.

Where had the shy, quiet boy you know gone? He seems different, he's much manlier now, so tall and handsome. You could feel his muscles through the tightened embrace and blushed. "___, I'm going to say this once and only once... It's taken me years to work the nerve to finally say this, and I honestly regret not saying it sooner... I'm in love with you, and I always have been. Would you consider going out with me?" "Y-yes! Leo, um, I actually... Kind of had and have a big crush on you too..." you admitted, "but I never thought you liked me much, even as a friend. I guess we both needed to learn to take chances..." His face was right in front of yours, his warm breath tingling on your lips as he spoke. "I guess we do," you said. Next thing he knew, you had put your arms behind his neck and pulled him closer... for your very first kiss! He then kissed back, to your surprise; but there's always trouble in paradise...

Some girls recognized Leo, but just in time as they started walking towards you, some of the wolves started growling at the annoying, crazy fangirls who had just begun to curse you out. "You see, even the wolves like you, ___. Oh, I'm so glad I finally confessed." Darn that little smile of his!

 

 

 

Leo gif with a pig from Plan V Diary 
Well, in case you didn't like the story... Hope you like the pics I used for it! ^^;