Harm

Begin Again

"Baekhyun!"

Eunji was running all over and looking for Baekhyun. She now understood what the message meant, she had to look for Baekhyun, or something might happen to him.

"Have you seen Byun Baekhyun? He's taller than me and he's got monolid eyes," Eunji explained as she asked some persons around the place. But none of them has seen him. Eunji glanced at her watch, she has thirty seconds left.

Tears were forming in her eyes, "Byun Baekhyun, where are you?" she took her phone to call him, but she remembered that she didn't have his number.

"Baekhyun, please be safe," she thought to herself, as she continued running around. Until she approached a security person.

"Sir, have you seen Byun Baekhyun?" Eunji asked as she tried catching her breath. The security person nodded, and told her that Baekhyun went to the employees' lounge, which was upstairs. Eunji quickly ran upstairs, after taking her stilettos off. Her high heels get in the way of her running.

"Baekhyun, please be safe. Just please be safe."

As Eunji ran upstairs, she heard her phone ring. She already knew what it meant; that her time was up. But she didn't read the message. She just continued running, until she was able to climb second floor, and adjacent to the stairs was the employees' lounge.

Eunji, though she was already gasping for air, forced her legs to carry her to the employees' lounge. She checked her phone while she ran. The unknown number sent her another message.

Tick tock, little Jung. Let's see what happened to your prince charming. ;)

Eunji's eyes widened after reading the message. She ran faster, until she reached the front door, and quickly twisted the knob open.

"Baekhyun!"

Eunji's heart pounded as she went inside. Barefoot, tired, and scared, she saw Baekhyun seated on the table, talking to a chef and to Victoria.

"Eunji?" Baekhyun's eyes widened after seeing her, then he turned to look at the two, "Vicky, just go with Mr. Lim to the kitchen. Make sure that the dishes will suffice the number of guests. Oh, and Vicky, have you texted the wine provider?"

"Yes, sir. They said they'll arrive here by 8," Victoria smiled as she took her phone from her pocket.

Baekhyun nodded, "Okay. Thanks. You may go."

Victoria, together with the chef, went out of the room. But before Victoria continued in her way, she tapped Eunji's shoulder.

"Miss Jung, is everything okay?"

Eunji nodded. Victoria responded with a smile, before leaving Baekhyun and Eunji alone in that room.

Baekhyun stood up to approach a motionless Eunji, "Hey, what happened to you? And why aren't you wearing your shoes?"

Eunji stayed still, staring at Baekhyun, while trying to catch her breath. She felt her heart beat slower after seeing him. He was safe. He was fine. Baekhyun didn't know about the clashing ideas running inside her head.

"Um, Eunji, is there any--"

Even before Baekhyun could continue with his question, Eunji quickly walked towards him, and wrapped her arms around him, giving him a hug. She was trembling as she hugged him.

Baekhyun was stunned; he didn't expect her to do that, "Eunji? Are you okay?"

"Baekhyun..." Eunji spoke softly, "You're safe."

"What are you talking about?"

Eunji let out a deep breath, "I thought you were in danger. Thank goodness you're okay," she said as she released Baekhyun to look at him.

Baekhyun blushed. He averted his eyes from Eunji, "Why would I be harmed?"

Eunji gulped. She remembered the warning she received from the anonymous texter, that she should do things alone. Eunji knew that if she tells Baekhyun about it, he would help her with it, "Um, nothing."

Eunji's eyes then shifted from Baekhyun to the array of computer monitors behind the table, "Baekhyun, are these from the CCTV's around the hotel."

"Yeah," Baekhyun creased his forehead after being curious about her sudden interest with the surveillance cameras, "Why?"

Eunji slowly walked to approach the monitors. Every side of the hotel's event grounds could be seen. She took her phone and typed a message.

I have the breakfast staple. Tell me who you are.

She watched closely at the persons inside the hotel, through the cameras, trying to catch the culprit. But there were lots of people using their phones at the same time.

Baekhyun approached her, "Eunji, what are you doing?"

Eunji quickly turned to look at him, "Nothing, nothing. I'm okay," she forced a smile. But then her phone rang, which made Baekhyun suspicious, "Who's that?"

Eunji covered her phone using her hand, "Nothing, it's Miyoung unnie, looking for me."

Eunji quickly walked out of the room, leaving a baffled Baekhyun behind. She quickly opened the message.

Great job, young lass! I never expected you to be that smart. :) Now, for round two... Go seek for the lady who loved the narcissistic modernism; and she can never be found without her technology prism. I'll give you ten minutes to do that. Good luck.

Eunji bit her lip in annoyance, "What is this?!" she started walking from the room, trying to grasp the riddle from the anonymous texter.

"Technology prism?" Eunji read the words to herself, tyen she turned to look back at the employees' lounge, "I need the list of the guests," she thought to herself. She took all the courage she had to go back inside the room. She opened the door, and saw that Baekhyun was still there.

"Um, Baekhyun?"

Baekhyun turned to look at her, "Yes?"

Eunji bit her lip in anxiousness, "Um, Miyoung unnie was wondering if she could get a copy of the guest list," she lied.

Baekhyun creased his forehead. He was doubting Eunji, but he still gave her the list, "Here. Just don't show it to anyone else."

Eunji forced a smile, "Thanks," she said before leaving the room. She quickly went to a quiet corner and scanned the papers.

"Technology prism might refer to the television, or the Internet," Eunji thought to herself. She flipped the papers, "Um, let's see. It could be Song Yerim, the famous TV anchor. Or Jung Chona, the owner of LN Telecom. And Choi Taehee, the food blogger," Eunji quickly rolled the papers and straightened herself, "I must get these three," she ran straight downstairs to look for the three. But unbeknownst to Eunji, Baekhyun was already watching her from the surveillance cameras.

"Jung Eunji, what are you up to?" he thought to himself.

 

-

"Have you seen Song Yerim, or Choi Taehee, or Jung Chona?" was the first thing she asked the first person she saw after coming from upstairs.

"I'm Choi Taehee, why?" the woman smiled.

Eunji smiled back, but her mind went blank. She didn't know what to ask her, "Um... Do you-- Do you happen to experience some weird stuff these days?"

The woman, Choi Taehee, smiled, "No, I'm absolutely--"

 

"AAAHHHHHHH!"

A shrill cry echoed inside the hotel. Eunji quickly turned to look where it came from, and she quickly approached the crowd huddling around something... or someone.

"Please help her!" Eunji recognized the voice. It was Dana's. Eunji pushed herself towards the front row of the crowd, and saw Taecyeon helping Soonkyu get up, who had stabs on her right arm and her back. Dana and Miyoung were calling for help.

"Excuse me, security personnel coming through!" a group of uniformed men went to help Taecyeon carry Soonkyu. President Byun was also there, calling the police on his phone.

"Soonkyu!" Baekhyun called out as he ran towards them, coming from upstairs. He followed the uniformed men as they carried her inside the ambulance. Eunji stayed motionless, trying to understand what was happening. As she watched everything happen, she saw that Soonkyu was still holding onto her phone even as they carried her inside the ambulance.

"Don't tell me that the answer to the riddle was Soonkyu unnie," she thought to herself. Yes, it was Soonkyu, "The narcissistic modernism was Soonkyu unnie's fondness for taking selcas. The technology prism that she can never be seen without was her phone."

As Eunji's mind went blank, her phone rang again.

You were really slow with that one. I had no choice but to do that to her. :(

Eunji started to clench her fist after reading the message. She replied,

What do you want? Stop with these games already! If you want to kill me, just do it already!

Seconds passed, and she received the response.

Oh, but I have no plans of killing you. If you want to end these, just go to the penthouse. Let's settle everything there. ;)

Eunji gulped. After what happened to Soonkyu, she realized that the anonymous texter was serious. She took all her courage to go to the penthouse, and settle everything once and for all.

___

A/N: Hello wonderful peeps. :) I would like to say that, after 59+ chapters, you don't need to wait anymore, because the ending is just around the corner. Yeah, mianhae for making this fic a tad longer than the others. *bows* Anyways, I didn't know what went into my head to make the previous chapters more on the mystery side (I'm not even a mystery writer lol). But I'm still thanking you all for sticking with this fic until the end... KAMSAHAMNIDA! <3