Before The Event

Begin Again

"We're here!" Soonkyu exclaimed as she went out of Baekhyun's car. Behind them were Eunji and Miyoung, "Wow, it looks prettier than the first time we went here," Miyoung remarked. Eunji went out of the car first, carrying her and Miyoung's things.

"Eunji, honey," Miyoung called out, "I'll just park this car at the vacant lot behind the hotel, you go first to our room."

"But, unnie, I don't where our room is," Eunji creased her forehead. But even before Miyoung could answer, Baekhyun spoke, "Follow me, I'll show you your room."

A surprised Eunji quickly turned to look at him, "What? No need to do tha--"

"Why, thank you, Baekhyun," Miyoung interrupted her sister, "Please help my Eunji find our room."

"Yes, Miyoung noona," Baekhyun smiled; too eager to show Eunji their room. But a puzzled Eunji went to approach Miyoung, "Miyoung unnie, I'm okay. I'll just wait for you here so we can go to our room together."

"It's okay, honey. Baekhyun is being nice to you by helping you with our room. Eunji, sweetie, be polite. I'll be going now. I'll meet you guys later," Miyoung patted Eunji's head with a smile, before she drove to look for the parking area. A hopeless Eunji was left with no choice but to go with Baekhyun, until she saw Soonkyu taking selcas near the entrance.

"Aha! I can go with Soonkyu unnie instead," Eunji thought to herself.

"Hey, Jung Eunji, we should go now," Baekhyun called out as he approached her. Eunji quickly turned to look at him, "Ah, no-- no, it's okay. I'll go with Soonkyu unnie instead. I-- I know you're busy so I don't want to-- to bother you," she smiled, nervously.

Baekhyun creased his forehead, "But Soonkyu has already left."

A dumbfounded Eunji quickly turned to look at the entrance where Soonkyu stood minutes ago, and yes, she was already gone.

"Soon-- Soonkyu unnie?" Eunji gulped. The person she expected that will save her from Byun Baekhyun left her alone, "Soonkyu unnie, where have you been?"

Baekhyun sighed, "Let's go now, Eunji," he said before starting to walk inside the hotel. Eunji followed against her will, carrying their things.

"Good afternoon, Sir Baekhyun," the hotel receptionists greeted as the two entered. Baekhyun responded with a smile.

Meanwhile, as Eunji carried their stuff, a purse fell from one of the bags she was holding, unbeknownst to her. A bellhop who stood outside noticed it, so he called out, "Miss! Miss, your wallet!"

But Eunji just continued walking to follow Baekhyun, who was already standing outside the elevator. The bellhop quickly ran to get the purse on the floor, and chased Eunji to return it, "Miss, you forgot this," he said as he gave Eunji the purse.

"Ah, I'm sorry," Eunji bowed as she took the purse from the bellhop, "Thank you for returning this, kind sir."

"You're welcome," the bellhop smiled, "Let me help you with your luggage," he said before taking the bags from Eunji. But she didn't let go of her things, "It's okay, sir. I can carry these!" she smiled.

Baekhyun, who was standing and waiting for an elevator, turned to look behind him, and saw Eunji, still at the entrance, talking to the bellhop, who carried her bags.

"What the--" Baekhyun seethed. He quickly walked to approach the two. The bellhop wanted to carry their bags, but Eunji didn't want to.

"Excuse me," Baekhyun cleared his throat, wearing a scowl in his face. Eunji turned to look at him, "Ah, Baekhyun, I'm sorry for keeping you waiting," she smiled. The bellhop quickly bowed in front of him, before taking Eunji's luggage.

"Good afternoon, Sir Baekhyun," the bellhop greeted.

Baekhyun nodded as a response, before grabbing Eunji by the hand and dragging her towards the elevator.

"Wait, Baekhyun, the bags! He has our stuff!" Eunji protested as she tried removing her hand from his grip.

Baekhyun stopped, and turned to look at the bellhop, "Bring that to room 217," to which the bellhop responded with a nod. Baekhyun continued on his way and dragged Eunji with him.

"Baekhyun, my things--" Eunji spoke.

"Let him do his job," Baekhyun retorted before getting inside the elevator with her. Just in time, after the elevator door closed for Eunji and Baekhyun, Victoria came.

"Good afternoon, Miss Song," the receptionists greeted. Victoria smiled, before looking around the lobby.

"Has Sir Baekhyun arrived?" she asked.

"Yes, Miss Song."

"Was he with Hwang Miyoung and Jung Eunji?"

One of the receptionists nodded, "Yes, but only with Miss Jung. Miss Hwang hasn't arrived yet."

"Thank you. May I ask which room they are?" Victoria asked.

"Room 217, Miss Song."

With that, Victoria went to the elevator to go to the room the receptionist told her.

 

-

Baekhyun and Eunji were silent inside the elevator. He had released Eunji from his grip, but he was still clenching his fist. Eunji lowered her head, trying to think of a way to ease the awkward aura between them.

Ever since Baekhyun confessed to her, she could not help but to avoid him as much as possible, mainly because she hasn't given him a definite answer yet. Eunji didn't want to disappoint him, so she thought of staying away from him, until she's ready with her answer.

"Um, Baekhyun--"

"Let's go," Baekhyun interrupted as the elevator door opened. He quickly walked outside, without turning to look at her. Eunji let out a deep sigh, since she didn't know what made him annoyed that day. She just followed him to their room.

"Ah, Miss!" someone called out from behind. It was the bellhop carrying Eunji's luggage. Baekhyun turned to look too.

"Thank you for bringing these," Eunji smiled as she took the bags from the bellhop, "I'm sorry if these were heavy."

"It's okay," he smiled.

"Bye, kind mister," Eunji bowed at him, before she continued to walk. Baekhyun watched them closely. The bellhop, on the other hand, went back to the lobby.

"So, where is our room?" Eunji asked, as she carried her bags.

"Here," an annoyed Baekhyun answered before opening the door in front of him. Eunji quickly went inside and put down the bags on the bed. She started opening them, "When will the event start?"

Baekhyun also went inside, and looked around the room, "We still have two and a half hours left."

Eunji nodded. She was already occupied in putting out their stuff from the bags; the make-up kit, hair blower, jewelry box, and shoes. Baekhyun shifted his eyes from the window to Eunji, and noticed how busy she was with her things. He watched her as she did her task.

"Now where's the extension cord?" Eunji whispered to herself after opening all of the bags. She scratched her head as she looked around the room, until she caught Baekhyun looking straight at her.

"Wh-- What?" Eunji creased her forehead.

"Nothing," he answered. And that ambiguous answer made Eunji nervous. She quickly averted her eyes from him, and went back to look for the extension cord.

Though she was trying to focus on other things, Eunji can still feel that Baekhyun was watching her. So she quickly closed all her bags and walked towards the door, "I'll ask the room service if they have an extension cord," she called out to Baekhyun without looking at him. But as she opened the door, she saw Victoria outside, looking as if she was about to knock.

"Miss Victoria?"

"Hello, Miss Jung," Victoria smiled, "I'm glad to see you."

Eunji smiled too, but something struck her after seeing Victoria. She remembered something. She knew she has seen her before, she has seen her somewhere. She has seen a photo of her somewhere.

"Ah, Vicky," Baekhyun spoke, "What is it?"

"Sir, you are needed at the hotel's event center to check some things."

Baekhyun quickly went outside to follow Victoria, "I'll see you later, Eunji," he said before leaving.

Eunji was still lost in her thoughts, trying to remember something about Victoria.

"Where have I seen her?" Eunji thought to herself.

 

After several minutes of thinking, Eunji's eyes widened.

"Miyoung unnie's yearbook... Victoria looked like Song Qian from the yearbook. She is Song Qian."

___