Touch

The Smell of Lemongrass
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Two and a half weeks had passed; there weren't too many days left for Xiuzhen. Lu Han never treasured time more than this month as he "watched" over her, day and night, praying that he would still hear her voice the following day. It was wrong, very wrong, but Lu Han could not avoid the truth anymore: he liked Xiuzhen. It wasn't just the type of "like" between friends, but the type of "like" between a developing couple. He knew she knew, and he knew she felt the same way. It didn't make sense, why now out of all times? Why didn't they meet earlier? What kind of game was Fate trying to play?   The two had stopped visiting the lemongrass field on the second week. Xiuzhen's body had become weak, so weak to the point where she couldn't walk by herself anymore without having asthma attacks. A few days ago, she begged to visit the lemongrass field. No matter how many times Lu Han tried pleading her to stay inside, she remained stubborn and insisted to go. In the end, a nurse had to accompany the two to push Xiuzhen on a wheelchair, and that was their last time visiting the lemongrass field.   Xiuzhen's endurance dropped a significant level. Rather than sitting up, she would now usually talk to Lu Han while lying down on her hospital bed and holding on to his hand for comfort. Auntie Jiang had decided to take the rest of the month off to look after her. Even Lu Han's mother would occasionally get off work early to visit Xiuzhen.   Today was March 30th, and Lu Han had a weird feeling that something was coming, especially with the way Xiuzhen talked that night.   "Auntie Lu, Mom..."   Auntie Jiang rushed over to Xiuzhen's side and worriedly glanced over her body. "What's wrong? Is your chest hurting again?"   Xiuzhen shook her head. "No, I was just going to say that I want some time alone with Lu Han. You and Auntie Lu have already been taking turns watching over me today."   Auntie Lu frowned. "But what if something happens to you while we're gone?"   Xiuzhen gave a weak reassuring smile. "Nothing will happen, I promise. Besides," she reached her hand forward to give Lu Han's a squeeze, "I trust Lu Han. He's here for me."   "But there--"Auntie Jiang sighed and lightly put her hand on Auntie Lu's shoulder. "I trust your son too. I suppose we can take a little break." She glanced over at Lu Han.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter