Sequel...

Yoongi
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I don't really know where this came from... just sort of got bored in class to be honest.  And I like this as a 'verse...    Leave a comment :) 

 

 

It’s just another normal day, another waiting room full of anxious boys that are lingering somewhere suspended between too tired to function and too wired to settle down.  They got another live broadcasting today, it’s not their first time but it’s still new enough that they tend to get giddy despite the deep set exhaustion hanging over their shoulders. 

 

Jimin’s managed to somehow get his shirt caught up in the buckle of his belt, fighting against the thing as he tries to keep everything else in place.  He looks around for a minute before pouting to himself and trying to maneuver the shirt out without ripping or ruining anything he’s got on. He’s startled by cold fingers curling over his own and pulling them aside, he looks up into Yoongi’s face close enough that he flushes and looks down. 

 

"Cute,” Yoongi murmurs just loud enough for Jimin to hear, smirk quirking up the corner of his mouth before he starts on trying to dislodge the younger boy’s shirt from belt buckle.  Jimin huffs to himself, whining softly when Yoongi’s cold knuckles brush against the bare skin of his stomach for a moment.  

 

"Yah. That’s cold, Yoongi!” Jimin complains, mouth twisted into a frown when Yoongi brushes his cold fingers against bare skin again - only this time Jimin knew it was on purpose.  Yoongi chuckles softly, pulling his hands away from the boy’s skin.  

    

“Yeah yeah,” Yoongi mumbles, shaking his head when Jimin’s mouth puffs out into a pout.  The boy is just too cute for his own good sometimes, enough so that Yoongi is constantly in a state of wanting to hit the boy while also wanting to pet and pat at his head and coo like he’s a small child. Yoongi glares at the boy from beneath his fringe, biting back a chuckle when Jimin’s pout deepens but his eyes narrow. 

    

“Hyung~“ Jungkook whines suddenly close enough to the pair that it startles both of them into looking up at the youngest member, who is standing a few short steps away from them with fists folded against his hips, mouth pulled into a frown.  “That’s not fair!” 

    

Yoongi looks at the boy quizzically not exactly sure which one of them let alone what he’s even talking about. The boy keeps staring and it’s enough that Jimin shifts away slightly as Yoongi tilts his head. 

  

“Hmm?” He turns back to Jimin’s shirt though, brows furrowing because getting the thing loose is turning into a much bigger chore than he’d originally thought it would be. 

    

“Jimin-hyung called you Yoongi!” Jungkook voices sort of cracks at the end and Yoongi has to stifle a laugh into the curve of his shoulder before he realizes what the boy actually said, fingers slowing where they’re tugging on Jimin’s shirt. 

    

“What?” Yoongi’s fingers freeze and Jimin is still looking up at Yoongi but now there is a guilty expression across this face, digging into the corners of his mouth and the soft curve of his eyes.  Yoongi isn’t actually sure if the boy had or not - but looking at Jimin, the way the boy is biting at his lip and leaning back slightly gives him the answer he doesn’t have.  

    

He feels like he should be more upset, that Jimin knows enough to be more careful than this - but he really isn’t upset at all. It’s hard to be upset with Jimin, when it’s something he’d wanted from the boy and really he knew it was only a matter of time before this happened.  

    

“It’s true,” Namjoon says softly, like Yoongi needs actual confirmation that what Jungkook is saying is truth. Namjoon is pushing around Jungkook to get to the stylist’s chair that Hoseok is getting up from talking over his shoulder as he short of trails off awkwardly, “You know - he did.”  

    

Hoseok nods his head along in agreement more habit than anything else. Yoongi wants to roll his eyes at the complete absurdity of this entire group - sometimes he swears they are all idiots. But he doesn’t, instead he offers Jimin a small barely there smile. But Jimin is still tense and looking uncertain, fingers curled into fists at his sides and teeth biting down into his bottom lip. 

    

Yoongi is overwhelmed with the urge to wipe his thumb across the boy’s mouth, pulling it from between his teeth and smooth out the flutter of concern that is knocking around so visibly behind the boy’s eyes.  Jimin is so open and free with all his emotions, he’s never quite managed to figure out how to hide the truth behind blank stares or still muscles.  And while sometimes it causes them all a bit of trouble it’s still easily one of Yoongi’s favorite things about the boy.

    

All Yoongi can manage is a nearly silent noncommittal noise because he’s not really sure what the right thing to say or do is. He’s not going to deny what everyone obvious heard but he doesn’t want to make it into a big deal either, because it isn’t - not really.  

    

And above that he doesn’t really think it’s anyone’s business what Jimin calls him.  But, Jimin has managed to twist his body partially away from the older boy now, eyes shadowed and face turned towards the ground.  So, Yoongi continues to just act like absolutely nothing is wrong, continues to fix the boy’s clothing. 

    

“Hyung!” Jungkook whines, stomps his foot in what resembles a short tantrum.  Yoongi spares him a glance barely a second of eyes slightly narrowed, while Hoseok poorly hides a chuckle with an all too unconvincing cough. Namjoon is looking more amused by the second.  And Yoongi sighs to himself, he seriously needs to reconsider a lot of his life choices - he really really wants to ignore the boy, but he knows it’ll only get worse if he does. 

    

“What Jungkook?” 

    

“Can I call you Yoongi then?” Jungkook’s face is split into a wide grin, little traces of laughter around the edges of his eyes. Jimin flinches when Yoongi’s fingers pull a little too sharply on his shirt, rocking forward before steadying himself on his feet and leaning back away from the older boy. Hoseok is peering at them from a few paces away, head tilted and mouth twitching at the corners before he’s biting at his lips to keep from actually laughing out loud. 

    

“This ought to be interesting,” Seokjin mumbles mostly to himself but loud enough that everyone can hear as he shifts fully into the room from the hall and sprawls across the couch, disrupting Taehyung who had been mostly asleep. The younger boy shifts up, eyes snapping open as he blinks slowly looking around the in confusion. 

    

“Is it time to go?” Taehyung mumbles, mostly asleep.  Seokjin smiles patting at the boy’s hands and settling him back against the couch. 

    

“No Tae,” he murmurs softly, before turning to look back towards Yoongi, Jimin and Jungkook across the room. 

    

“No,” Yoongi answers finally, voice cold and clipped. His patience is at it’s breaking point and he really doesn’t want to get into this here of all places - but he’s not about to let Jungkook do whatever the hell he pleases either. 

    

“Why does Jimin-hyung get to!” Jimin sighs to himself, shoulders dropping slightly as he tries to curl into himself, Yoongi can just see the curve of Jimin’s cheek flushing.  

    

Yoongi curls his fingers under the boy’s shirt, rubbing knuckles across the smooth skin pulled over the curve of hip.  Jimin calms under the touch, but he’s still got his face turned down so Yoongi has no clue what the other is feeling or thinking. 

    

“Cause he’s my favorite,” is Yoongi’s deadpanned answer, so firm and solid that everyone sort of stares and blinks for a few extended seconds.   Jimin curls down even further, flushing brightly all the way to the tips of his ears. 

    

Jungkook’s eyes widen comically as Hoseok poorly muffles a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter