Yeah... We are

We Changed

I didn't rate it M because there is only a little bit of badly written (italic bits, feel free to skip if not comfortable)...
Otherwise, it's just a normal (and unexpectedly huge) unrated chapter :) 

And Taeha is called Sungjong outside of the italic bits :)

 

 “Sungm-ngh.”

“Tell me what you want, Sungjong. I won’t know what to do if you don’t tell me.”

Dizzy from the pleasure of the younger’s ing inside him and the nibbling on his neck, Taeha could barely focus on the moment let alone form a coherent response. Clawing at the broad back, tearing at the soft skin as he felt the strain building up in his abdomen, he moaned, “F-faster.”

Flinching at the abuse his back received, Sungmin complied with the elder’s plea, lifting Taeha’s hips and lifting a leg so he was at a better angle to continue. They were both close, he could feel it in the way the nails sunk deeper into his back, incoherent sounds slipping past the older males kiss swollen lips.

“I’m... I’m close...”

“Come for me Sungjong,” Sungmin whispered huskily, capturing Taeha’s lips in hungry kiss. Sneaking a hand down to Taeha’s member, he it erratically, earning himself a moan from the elder.

It only took a couple more s for Taeha to go over the edge, seed spilling over his and Sungmin’s stomach, the younger following close as he emptied himself into Taeha. Riding out the , Sungmin finished off Taeha, pressing a chaste kiss to the lips as he pulled away to watch the elder come down from the high he had just experienced.

“Sung-Sungmin,” Taeha stuttered, arms losing strength as he slid them down sweaty arms, trying to catch his breath as Sungmin slid out of him. Meeting the younger’s eyes, dark from the act they had just committed and full of care and love, he stopped breathing momentarily, heart speeding up.

“Sungjong,” the younger whispered, lowering himself onto Taeha as his body too lost its ability to support himself. Slight eyes full of love stared up at him, and Sungmin could not hold back the words he had wanted to say since the moment he had burst into the elder’s room that morning. “I love you.”

Blushing, Taeha replied quietly, “I love you too.”

“Now sleep, love,” Sungmin murmured, rolling off him. Pulling Taeha into his body, the small back against his chest, he smiled. “We are possibly going to have to deal with some grumpy University students in the morning.”

“Mood ruiner,” Taeha mumbled, exhaustion catching up to him. Slipping into unconsciousness, he managed to mumble another, “I love you,” before letting the darkness claim him.

Pressing a kiss into Taeha’s neck, on one of the many marks he had left behind, Sungmin muttered, “I love you too.” Tangling his legs into the shorter’s as he pulled the quilt over them, the chilled air already cooling his body, he too let sleep carry him away.

 

Waking up surrounded by another body was definitely a pleasant feeling, Sungjong decided when he rose to consciousness. During the night, he had turned over in the arms, his face now pressed into the younger’s neck, listening to the sound of his even breath. Glad for the warmth from the other’s body, his old quilt not quite thick enough to provide protection from the early winter chill, Sungjong would have been content to continue lying in Sungmin’s arms until he woke, if it were not for the stickiness clinging to his stomach and legs.

Gingerly peeling himself out of the possessive grip Sungmin had on him, Sungjong slipped from the bed, pulling on the closest pair of boxers – his or Sungmin’s, his sleep-fogged mind did not care to note – and tried to stand. The pain that shot up his spine stopped him from progressing any further for a moment as he attempted to ignore it. When it had eased again, he slowly stood, progressing even slower in his aim to reach the bathroom to see what state he was in, not realising that behind him, Sungmin was carefully keeping an eye on him, having woken when Sungjong had untangled them.

Stumbling into the bathroom, Sungjong propped the door close, not shutting it fully, turning towards the mirror slowly. Relaxing slightly when he saw that, apart from one or two hickeys on his neck that would be unable to be hidden, Sungmin had not marked him extensively. His makeup, however, was smudged slightly, dark trails streaking his face most likely from…

“Oh,” Sungjong gasped, remembering that he had been scratching at Sungmin’s back, guilt washing over him when he checked beneath his fingernails. There was a little blood under three nails, and skin under most, and he hoped that he had not hurt the younger too much.

“Sungjong?”

His head shot up at the sound of his name, catching in the reflection Sungmin behind him. About to turn around, the taller wrapped his arms around Sungjong, hands rubbing over the defined abs, resting his chin on the shorter’s shoulder. Though he worried about the younger, the look in the eyes staring at him from the reflection relaxed him, silently ordering him not to worry. It didn’t stop him from apologizing however, to which Sungmin chuckled sleepily, kissing at the juncture where neck met shoulder affectionately.

“I am sure you are in more pain than I am, Sungjong,” Sungmin murmured, wrapping his arms right around the elder’s waist. “A few scratches on my back are nothing to worry about when I am sure you are having trouble just standing here.”

Blushing at the statement, heart fluttering at the concern, Sungjong smiled shyly as he dropped his head, leaning back into the taller. For someone who was quick to tease, always finding a way to pick on someone’s character or actions, Sungmin was showing a mature, caring side that had Sungjong falling even more for the tall blonde. The immature brat of three years ago had grown into a protective, loving, and mature male, the sort of male Sungjong had known he would always end up falling for. Never in his mind had he thought though that the male would be the one who had gotten lost on the first day of high school, the dancing machine who had stolen hearts with his Tetris dance, the one who had been in detention more than he had been out of it. Yet here he was, surrounded in the arms and warm aura of the boy he had never forgotten.

Sungmin also wandered what higher being he had pleased to grant him this perfect person in his grasp. Hearing him sing and seeing him dance throughout high school, he had fallen for the talents the older male had displayed, but through forming a friendship with him, he had realized that Sungjong was so much more than the powerful performer he would see at school recitals. The point he knew he was in love with the elder was when he saw him crying one time late in his first year of high school. Forgetting he was supposed to be in class, he had immediately gone to comfort the elder, shocked when he had been pulled into a tight hug as Sungjong had continued to wail. Deciding at that point that he never wanted to see the elder cry again, Sungmin had hung around with the elder at as many opportunities he could, filling his locker with good luck notes and jokes when he could not.

For the rest of that year, and his second year of high school, not once did he find Sungjong looking under the weather or crying, and then the older male had graduated, leaving him behind. Fortunately, they kept in contact for most of the next two years, but this year, the final, of high school had seen them separated, and in that time, he had pined for the beautiful laugh, the adorable smile, and the delicate nature of the elder. He was glad that he had finally had a chance to escape to Sungjong’s university, and that the older male had been in his room. If he hadn’t been, Sungmin would not have given up searching for him until he had been found.

“Alright Sungjong,” Sungmin murmured into his neck, brushing his lips across the skin gently. “Let’s clean up quickly, because I’m hungry.”

Glaring playfully at the sleepy male behind him in the mirror, Sungjong was about to retort when his stomach rumbled. Sungmin chuckled, unwrapping himself from around the shorter, placing a kiss on the top of his head before he walked away. Closing the door of the bathroom and turning on the fan, he made sure there was at least two towels in the room as he went over to the shower, ignoring the look Sungjong was giving him.

“I’d suggest getting out of my underwear, Sungjong. I’d like to be able to get dressed into those afterwards.”

Glancing down at the item Sungmin had meant, the elder flinched when he realized that he did not own any underwear like the ones he now had on. Quickly slipping them off, it was only when he had folded them up and placed them on the closed toilet lid that he realized they were both completely again. Sneaking a look at the shower, he took the chance when Sungmin was finding the right temperature to appreciate the younger’s full profile. Even though he was still as stick thin as he had been the last time they had met, there was not an ounce of baby fat on him, muscles flexing in his legs and back as he moved in the shower.

Eyes drawn to his back by the definition of muscles showing there, Sungjong saw the damage he had done to the younger’s back. Faded red welts covered the most of his shoulder blades, some scabby marks starting closer to the spine, and the elder could not stop the guilt rising from his gut, wishing he had not caused such injury to the otherwise unblemished skin. He was still trying to quench the guiltiness when Sungmin turned around in the shower door, revealing the body he had worshipped last night.

“Sungjong?”

The older male blushed, unsure where to look with the younger standing in the door to the shower. Hearing a sigh, Sungjong looked up just as Sungmin leant out and took one of his wrists, dragging him into the shower and under the hot water. Closing the screen behind him Sungmin peered down at Sungjong, wistful sigh escaping him when he saw that the elder had turned away, both hands covering his face.

Turning him around, Sungmin pulled Sungjong’s hands off his face, grabbing a flannel to wipe away the makeup getting washed away, and then held onto both hands, trying to look into Sungjong’s eyes. “Sungjong, look at me,” he finally pleaded when the older kept his eyes directed away from him. Reluctantly, Sungjong raised his eyes, nervously meeting Sungmin’s. “Let me ask you something. Do you remember what happened last night?”

“Yes.”

“And do you remember what I said?”

Freeing the elder of his pants and boxers, Sungmin was met with the unclothed glory of the elder. When Taeha covered his eyes, legs trying to cover his crotch, Sungmin scowled, upset that the shorter would react in such a way. Separating Taeha’s legs and seating himself between them, pulling his hands off his face, Sungmin stared into the uneasy eyes.

“Dammit Sungjong, do you think I would do this with you if I didn’t think you were beautiful?”

He didn’t mean to snap, but he was worried that Taeha would close up on him, and he remembered from high school that the best way to get the older male to relax was to be have a harsh tone with soft words. Seeing the shock in Taeha’s eyes, Sungmin knew he had had the desired effect and he leant down close to his hyung’s face, hovering just millimetres above plush lips.

“No matter what state you are in, swollen red eyes and running nose from crying, covered in grass and mud from slipping in the oval on a rainy day, bright eyed and cheery.” After a pause, he added with a smirk, “ and squirming beneath my touch,” to which Taeha had blushed. “You will always…”

“…always, be beautiful to me.” Sungmin whispered, wiping strands of hair that had fallen into Taeha’s eyes away. “For four years, I have always thought you were the most dazzling person on the earth, not just physically, but also in your heart. I will not stop thinking that, so you have nothing to hide from me.”

Heart pounding from the younger’s speech, Sungjong felt himself choking up. Not knowing any other way to express whatever it was he was feeling at that moment, he lifted himself onto his toes to meld his mouth with the bow shaped lips. When Sungmin released his hands to hold onto his waist, he quickly lifted his hands to grip at the solid neck, one hand weaving into the dampening blonde locks. Mouths moving in synch, Sungjong hoped that Sungmin could feel his thankfulness and his love in the passionate, emotionally driven embrace.

Sungmin was the first to pull away, a smile in his eyes as he watched Sungjong smile giddily. Releasing the shorter, he took the shampoo off the shelf, squirting some into his hand, replacing the shampoo and then running the substance through Sungjong’s hair. Massaging the scalp, he told Sungjong to prepare a flannel so he could wash him down. The elder obeyed, turning around so Sungmin could reach the back of his head, and quickly soaped up a cloth.

“Oh,” Sungjong exclaimed, the younger halting in his process of rinsing the shampoo out. Spinning about, he made a twirling motion to the younger. Confused for a moment, Sungmin just followed what the elder told him to do, turning about so his back faced Sungjong. “I’m sorry if this stings,” he heard just before the flannel wiped across his back.

“Ah,” Sungmin groaned, reaching a hand out to support himself against the wall, now realising why the elder had wanted him to turn about. He had all but forgotten about the damage Sungjong’s claws had done to his back last night, but now that the shorter was scrubbing his back, albeit softly, he wondered just how bad his back really was.

“I’ve made it bleed again, sorry,” Sungjong whispered when he removed the flannel, trying to pull his most innocent gaze when Sungmin glared over his shoulder at him. “But at least it is clean, and I can apply some medication to it once we are out.”

Falling for the innocence in the older male’s eyes, Sungmin just shook his head with a smile, standing back up straight as he turned around to finish rinsing out Sungjong’s hair. “Let’s just get cleaned up then, and after we’re done, you can fix me up, then fix us up some breakfast.”

“Lazy brat,” Sungjong scowled, slapping Sungmin’s chest and earning him a chuckle. Without any further complaint, they cleaned each other, and Sungjong was almost disappointed that the way Sungmin cleaned him was too gentle, methodical, and caring to spark a round of in the shower.

 

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

 

“Sungmin? It’s ready!”

Serving out the vegetable omelette onto two plates, Sungjong peeked out of the kitchen towards his room, hearing something land on the ground heavily. Shaking his head when Sungmin came dashing out, tugging his pants up and carrying his shirt and vest over a shoulder, Sungjong carefully placed the saucepan he had used into the sink, filling it with hot water to let it soak. Taking the plates off the cupboard, he made his way over to the table, placing one in front of the seat Sungmin was standing behind, seemingly stuck in his t-shirt, and placing his own across from him. Watching the younger struggle for a moment, Sungjong decided to assist Sungmin getting the shirt on when he realised that some movement might have been causing some pain in his back.

It was just what Sungmin had planned. When the shirt was over his head, he pulled Sungjong forwards and pecked his lips, smirking as he pulled back. Frowning at the younger’s cheeky actions, Sungjong slapped his hand against Sungmin’s shoulder, turning to stomp back over to his seat. Sitting down, he tried to calm down the embarrassment and annoyance from being surprised as he was, but secretly glad the younger had done that. 

"You know, it won't magically transfer itself from the plate to your stomach if you keep glaring at it like that."

"I know," Sungjong retorted, blushing at the smirk Sungmin directed at him as he sat down. Digging into the meal he had prepared, he tried to ignore the eyes that would not stop staring at him. Peeking up through his bangs, he saw Sungmin shake his head, smirk softened into a much more affectionate smile, and he too began eating.

They ate in silence until both had finished their meal, eyes occasionally making contact throughout the meal, Sungjong blushing at each moment. After four years of being friends, he thought he should be used to eating with the younger. Although, he reasoned, there was a whole new stance to their relationship that had not been there as friends before, and now, as well, especially after the night just gone, the shyness he felt under the adoring gaze Sungmin kept throwing at him had to be perfectly justifiable. Plus, he had only really confirmed his feelings for the younger last night, whereas that kid had known for close on four years that he liked him. 

A loud knock drew Sungjong's attention away from Sungmin towards the door, wondering who would wanting to see him this early in the morning. He knew that most of his friends would not dare think about getting up before midday on weekends, unless they needed to go and study somewhere. It was also a known fact that he was the earliest riser at all times, seeing as weekend mornings were generally dedicated to speaking to Sungmin before anyone could hear them. Waving a hand at Sungmin curious gaze dismissively, Sungjong made his way to the door to see who was there. Opening the door just enough to be able to peer out and see who was there, he felt his stomach drop when he saw who it was.

"Good morning Sungjong, how are you?"

Trying to slam the door, Sungjong felt a bit of fear rise when it hit the foot that had slipped between the door and the frame. "Ah, Jongkook," he tried reasoning with the person glaring at him, smiling tentatively.

"Don't try that with me, Sungjong," Jongkook seethed as he pushed the door wide, shoving his way into the dorm. "Next time you plan on having at some inane hour of the evening, make sure I'm not on campus."

"It was unexpected, alright," Sungjong replied, dashing in front of the younger, stopping him from going any further into the dorm. A though crossed his mind then, and he said, "But you shouldn't have been able to hear. Aren't you in the other dorm building?"

"That would be my fault."

Following in the wake of the still fuming male, another male with extreme eyebrows, of which had often been called 'caterpillar-brows', smiled grimly. It also explained why the jumper Jongkook was wearing was not one Sungjong would typically associate with the clothes he would normally see on the younger. Mirroring Jongkook's glare now, he asked, "And you were picking on us?"

"At least I don't scream for the heavens when we're having ," Jongkook retorted. Unable to retort, the shorter blushed furiously.

Sejoon, noticing the tense aura, quickly checked his phone for any message from the person Jongkook had told him to contact. Fortunately, there was, and he informed his lover. "Ah, he said he'll be here as soon as he gets dressed and has woken up some more." 

"Good." 

Easily pushing aside Sungjong, Jongkook stormed into the main area of the dorm, searching for whoever it was that had caused Sungjong to be as loud as he was last night. He came to a quick stop when another blonde male stepped in his way, eyes piercing into him. Letting out a rather unmanly squeak, he took a step backwards, nearly falling onto Sungjong, placing a hand over his heart. 

"Dammit, kid, you scared me."

"I don't recognise you," Sungmin murmured, tilting his head as he observed the startled male who was now gripping Sejoon's arm tightly. "I don't remember hearing your name whenever Sungjong talked to me."

Blinking repeatedly, Jongkook cast a glance between the one speaking to him and Sungjong as he walked up to the male. When the male he did not recognise wrapped a protective arm around Sungjong, pressing a kiss into his hair, at least one of his questions were answered as he realised this was the male who had been the cause for the lewd noises he had been forced to listen to last night. Collecting himself, he threw a pointed glare at the male, striding past him to sit at the table.

"Come here then," Jongkook ordered, pointing at the seat across from him when the stranger turned around. "Let's get to know each other then, seeing as I am one of his friends from campus."

"Maybe it would be better if..." Sungjong started.

"It's alright babe," Sungmin drawled, masked smile directed at Jongkook as Sejoon made his way over. "You met my closest friends last night, it's only fair that I meet yours."

"Ah, a generous one!" Jongkook exclaimed sarcastically, throwing his hands in the air. "And I'll let you know that this is going to have absolutely no effect on the way I think of you. As far as I know, you could be some stuck up bastard who is going to ruin my Sungjongie's heart and I need to discover that before I let this go on for any longer."

At his friend's accusation, Sungjong could feel Sungmin tense, grip tightening around his waist, knowing that what Jongkook had said was so far off what Sungmin was really like. It would only be when Jongkook had decided he liked Sungmin, however, that he would not assume the youngest would do anything to hurt him. After a long moment, one where Sungjong was sure he could hear his partner's thoughts, the younger finally released his grip on his waist, stepping over to the table slowly and lowering himself into the same seat he had been at for breakfast.

"You're the guy who had with my favourite shorty?" 

"No."

"Hmm?"

Sungmin leant forward, crossing his arms onto the table, mischievous glint in his eyes. "I'm the guy that made love to your senior."

Jongkook scowled. "As if it makes any difference to how you say it," he retorted.

"It always will."

"Oh, and how?"

"You can have any day, and in some cases, with anyone," Sungmin said, resting his chin on his hand. "But to make love with someone, there has to be an emotional connection deeper than what can be found between two people just wanting to release ual frustration."

"Whatever." Jongkook looked quite put out at Sungmin's ability to detail differences between actions he often considered one and the same. "Anyways, enough on that. So does that mean that you two are together?"

"Yeah," the youngest replied, voice serious and confident. "We are."

"Good." Something about this kid unnerved Jongkook. He remembered all too clearly how Sungjong had been treated by previous boyfriends, and remembered in particular the guy the elder had been crushing on since his break up with his high school lover in the first year of university. Of course, being a year behind, he did not find out that Sungjong's best friend on campus was actually the same guy that he had dated, but it did not change the fact that of everyone he had seen with Sungjong did not have the same eyes this kid did. They were not hungry with lust, not laced with desire, not jealous or suspicious of the presence of Jongkook and Sejoon. 

Dare he say it, this kid's eyes were full of love.

And damn, he was not used to seeing that strong an emotion between people he thought had only been in each other's company for at least a month. It had to have been at least that long if the two of them were already introducing each other to friends. And having on campus

"So, um," Jongkook continued, suddenly unsure of the situation he had thrown himself into. "How long have you known each other?" He thought he should at least confirm that before asking any more questions.

"Five years."

Five years? There was only one person Jongkook knew of that Sungjong had known for that long, and he was sure the kid was still in high school. Sure, it had to be his last year, but there was no way that kid could be this male in front of him. Sungjong had said the last time he had seen the kid, they were close to the same height, not half a head different. Of course, he had been among the crowd insisting that the two had to be dating, or if not, would be. There was no way that two friends could spend that much time in each other's pockets without falling for the other. To confirm it, he asked the male his name, praying that he was wrong in his suspicion.

"Choi Sungmin," Sungmin replied, smirking at the round-eyed response it initiated. "It is a pleasure to make your acquaintance."

"What the-" Jongkook shouted, leaping up from his seat and staring in shock at Sungmin. "How the hell are you the same kid that Sungjong won't shut up about? He never said anything about you being so freaking handsome!"

Three sets of eyes blinked in shock. "Sungjong?" Sungmin asked tentatively, not looking away from the crazy male staring at him in shock. "Do I take that as a compliment or...?"

"Take it as it comes kiddo," a new voice stated. "He probably won't say anything like that about you again."

Attention stolen by the newcomer, Sungmin twisted in his seat to see who else had come to invade Sungjong's room. Tall, dark hair, tight-lipped smile and crinkles appearing at the corner of his eyes, it was a face Sungmin recognised all too well, although he wished he did not. He had been Sungjong's love in high school, the one reason he had kept his love a secret for so long. It had been hard to watch the person he loved be with another, especially this guy who had been, and most likely was still, his senior in dance and someone he had highly respected. There was nothing wrong with him per se, he was a fun, sometimes idiotic male who had doted on Sungjong and treated him well, but Sungmin had been the one to see and comfort the elder crying because of something this male had said.

It had been very hard for Sungmin to not immediately admit his feelings when they had broken up at the end of their first semester of university.

"Yuhwan, it's been a long time."

"That it has kid," Yuhwan replied, smiling. Then again, Sungmin could not recall any time when his senior had ever not had that smile on his face. "High school graduation I believe? Sungjong invited you along didn't he?"

"Yeah. What of it?"

Walking up to Sungjong, who appeared a bit uncomfortable at the presence of the other, Yuhwan slung an arm across his shoulders, leaning in close to the shorter's face. "He was always mighty fond of you."

"Yuhwan," Sungjong warned, aware of Sungmin's eyes trained on them. He could not read the younger’s expression, the features perfectly veiled and calm, and it worried him. Removing the taller's arm from his shoulders, he stepped away from his friend to stand behind Sungmin, resting a hand gently on the younger's neck. When long fingers weaved between Sungjong's, he asked, "Why did you come here Yuhwan?"

"I got told that you're new... partner was here," Yuhwan replied, obviously having shortened what Jongkook had originally described the youngest male as to something more polite. "Apparently I was supposed to approve of them."

"It would have worked better if you didn't know him in the first place," Jongkook stated, annoyed. 

"It's alright Jongkook," Sejoon cooed, running a hand across the scowling male's leg. "Neither of us could have planned for this to happen."

Eyes apologetic, Yuhwan shrugged as he said, "I was kind of expecting it to be Sungmin, but I was not entirely aware that this is what I would be coming to see." Turning back to the new couple, he gestured at Sungmin. "Come with me a moment, if you don't mind."

I thought I'd gotten over him, Yuhwan thought when he saw the brief wordless exchange between Sungjong and the young male, chest tightening slightly. The shorter seemed unsure about Sungmin coming with him, but that was quickly overridden with a gentle touch on his cheek, the taller blonde smiling reassuringly at him as he stood. They both ignored Jongkook's loud demands to know where they were going, Sungmin letting Yuhwan lead the way out of the dorm and close the door behind them. Following Yuhwan when he headed down the corridor, only crossing paths with one other male who seemed to have just woken up, they came to the common area and, at a wave from the elder, Sungmin sat in a seat across from him, leaning forward as he rested his elbows on his knees.

"What do you want?" He did not mean that to come across as harsh as it had, but Sungjong had seemed worried, and Sungmin was not all that interested in spending too long in Yuhwan's presence without someone else around.

"Settle down, you're being unreasonably defensive."

"How would you act if your boyfriend's ex asked to speak to you alone?"

"Fair point," Yuhwan conceded. "But we know each other," he tried reasoning, hopeful smile present.

"Exactly why I'm being so defensive," Sungmin countered. Frown deepening, he continued in a slightly quieter voice, “I remember the way you would threaten me if I as much as held Sungjong's gaze for longer than a second."

"I was jealous of the way you two got along." He paused as memories of the two during high school resurfaced. They had not known each other before Sungmin had come to the school, but after Sungmin had come in, he discovered that no amount of 'I've known him since we were kids' would compare to the way the two had clicked. "Before you, I was the closest person to him."

"We both know that I was only a friend to him."

"And as someone who was only a friend, he spent more time ditching me on dates to go to you when you asked him than actually going on dates with me."

Though he knew that statement was far from right, Sungmin could not bring it upon himself to correct Yuhwan at this moment. Instead, with a small smirk, he calmly asked, "So?"

"Would you like it if he left you hanging on dates to go and help me out with problems?"

A young male walking into the common area had Sungmin biting his tongue before retorting to Yuhwan's question. Instead, as the male made himself a hot drink, the sweet aroma of coffee following as he left quickly, Sungmin thought about something else he could say that would not start a fight between them. "You shouldn't have let him leave."

Yuhwan looked at him as if he had suddenly grown two heads. "That would have pushed him away."

"He is too kind a person to not help someone," Sungmin scowled. Anyone who really knew Sungjong should know that, though he would retort quickly and violently to teasing, he was a gentle soul normally. The elder had no idea when he really was not needed to help, always shouldering any responsibility if anyone so much as hinted at having difficulties with a task. "And you needed to make him realise that. You needed to tell him that the time was for the two of you, and if it was really urgent, whoever it was could have asked someone else, unless it was specifically related to him."

"Are you denying that it was you pulling him away?"

"I was a part of the group Yuhwan," Sungmin stated dryly, knowing that he had to tell Yuhwan now that his assumptions were far from right. "I knew when you two were going on dates, and I respected you enough to not want to ruin what you had."

"That would also explain why he insisted that I would not know who he was texting." Guilt washed over him as he realised he had been unjustly prejudiced against the younger for most of his and Sungjong's final year in high school. Not once had he thought that Sungjong might actually be talking about someone other than this kid. Maybe it was a good thing he and Sungjong had broken up, if he had been so worried about another having taken away the attention of his partner. It had always been his one goal to never be the jealous or suspicious boyfriend, and if he had been threatened by Sungmin, he never would have been able to keep Sungjong anyways.

"Now that we have that sorted, what was the reason you two broke up exactly?"

You weren't a part of his life anymore.

"He realised it wasn't me giving him those notes in his locker."

Sungmin could see Yuhwan hadn't said what he really wanted to, so he pressed, "And?"

He started ignoring me and talking to you more.

"I don't know," Yuhwan replied, turning away from the inquisitive gaze. That kid had the uncanny ability to pick up on other thoughts occasionally, and it seemed this was one of those times. That would be the only reason he was pestering. "We no longer had that 'thing' girls talk about? We were fighting more often than we weren't?"

"That can't be all."

You were perfect in his eyes where I was faulty.

"I don't know what you want me to say Sungmin!" Leaning back in his chair, Yuhwan covered his eyes, sighing. "After finding out that he had been smiling for the messages you had been giving him, he grew more distant, pushing me away. Maybe he thought I had been lying to him about everything."

"He was uncertain of just what was and what had not been real, although I reassured him everything but those messages had to be." Sungmin supplied, gaze softening. He could see this was hard for Yuhwan, but he wanted to know, needed to know, just what was the reason Yuhwan had severed his relationship with Sungjong. "What I want to know though, is why you broke up with him."

Because I had long since lost him to you.

"I couldn't stand that the person he was falling back on was you," Yuhwan murmured. "I'd thought that, now that he wasn't able to physically see you, he would be able to forget you, but every argument started with him saying how much better than me you were. It was, frustrating, and I told him that if you were so much better than me, then he should go out with you."

"Ah." He remembered the hesitance in Sungjong's words when he had told him what Yuhwan had said, the moment when Sungjong knew that they were not going to last, even though he did not want them to end. He even remembered the nostalgia Sungjong had displayed when telling him about their history. The two had known of each other since primary school, but they had not seen each other for two years before high school, Yuhwan's family having moved away for a few years before coming back. In high school however, something had changed, and they suddenly found themselves in a relationship in their second year.

Pushing himself out of the couch, Yuhwan walked over to the bench top where a coffee machine, several cups, and a sink were, leaning on the edge. "We broke up the day before our fourth anniversary." He recalled the day as clearly as the two of them here and now. "I told him I couldn't stand the way he looked at me as thought waiting for me to lie to him, and that I thought that he would be better off with someone he could rely on, someone who would not lie to him."

Sungjong had shattered when Yuhwan had broken off their relationship. Sungmin remembered the male rocking up at his house, shocking both him and his family when they had opened the door to see him standing there, tear-stained, clutching a small bag in his arms, at ten o'clock in the evening. Unable to respond at the time, he was glad his sister Yena had followed him as she had immediately brought Sungjong into their home, sitting him down as their mother whipped up one of her soothing teas. The family was close to Sungjong as well, and both his mother and Yena had swarmed on the poor male, trying to settle him down, until he had asked to speak with Sungmin alone, and if he could stay the night.

They had given permission for him to stay the night, shooing both males away to Sungmin's room quickly with promises to bring the tea to the room. Able to finally close the door behind them, Sungmin had tried his best to calm the suddenly wailing male. Somehow, after a whole box of tissues and two t-shirt changes, he had managed to wrangle out of the elder that Yuhwan had broken it off with him. Stuck somewhere between rejoicing and anger, Sungmin had remained silent, letting the elder cry himself to sleep, tea long forgotten. The next few days saw Sungjong staying at Sungmin's home, not saying much, but helping out with the family duties almost robotically. Even when Sungmin's mother had insisted Sungjong should just relax, he had continued, or found a new job to do. Sungmin never wanted Sungjong to go through that again, and he would make his best effort to never have it happen again.

Then he remembered what Yuhwan had said at the end of his sentence.

"Ah, but I have lied to him."

"About what?"

Hesitation brought Sungmin to a halt, silence falling over them. Should he tell Yuhwan? He had already told Jungwoo and Jiseok the truth, but they were not close to Sungjong, whereas Yuhwan. He saw the male in question almost daily. Deciding to trust his gut, which was ordering him to just tell Yuhwan, he muttered, "Not being able to talk to him for a month."

The understanding nod he received confused Sungmin which Yuhwan could see. "He worked that out a few weeks after you started talking again," Yuhwan told him, waving a hand wildly. "I had to put up with him saying you were different, and that there were small differences in the way you talked to each other. In fact, I think he thought you hated him."

"Oops."

"Understatement of the century Sungmin." Letting his young friend a moment to consider his mistake, Yuhwan walked up to stand beside him, clapping a hand onto the younger's shoulder. "Look, I have one tip for you." At the 'go on' look he got from the younger, Yuhwan let his smile turn serious as he powered on. "Forget about everything that has happened up until this moment between you two, him and I, us two, and start a new book with him. I see a big future for you two, something I can only stare on in envy for. I don't often hear of people who would love someone for as long as you have, and through the same situations, without faltering, but it doesn't mean they're not out there. Some might even go through worse situations, or for longer, but you're one of few Sungmin, and I respect you. Don't you dare mess up, or I will hunt you down myself."

"Yessir," Sungmin replied military-like, standing quickly as he saluted. The serious moment passed in the blink of an eye and they both cracked large smiles as they burst into laughter. Friends, yeah, they could be friends again, not rivals. 

"Now, I've had my serious moment," Yuhwan said, once again leading Sungmin through the dorms, though now it was back to Sungjong's dorm. "Let's get back in there and free Sungjong from the grasp of the two chicken idiots."

"Chickens?"

"They're both '93 liners, you know," Yuhwan explained when they stopped in front of the dorms door. "Born in the year of the rooster."

"Ah." That explained some things, especially Jongkook's easy ability to confront him. Although, he had noticed something in the way they behaved, something he was not quite sure that it had been there. "Before we go back, could I ask you something?"

Raising an eyebrow at the sudden uncertainty in his young friend's face, Yuhwan nodded once. "What is it?"

"What's going on between Jongkook and Sejoon?"

Blinking rapidly until he had processed the question, Yuhwan burst into laughter. Of course Sungmin did not know about them, and that blonde rooster had gone and thrown himself at the younger in the same way he did anyone who dared to approach Sungjong. From what he had seen, Sejoon had once again been relatively calm and quiet whilst letting the other dig himself a grave a mile deep.

"No one really knows Sungmin," Yuhwan replied once he'd stop laughing enough to just be grinning widely at the younger. "They came to the university in the same situation they are now. Obviously, they are having , and Sejoon, the poor fool, is hopelessly in love with the insufferable diva, but who knows what is going on in Jongkook's head. Some days, it seems like he actually loves the guy, others it seems like he couldn't care if he was having in front of Sejoon with another man." He had seen the effect of one of those incidences, and neither party had reacted well, although there had been no break up, just an argument, which he had left when the angry make up had started. "The best way to describe Jongkook is a flirt with no filter on his big mouth who is a diva 24/7, 365 days of the year, and Sejoon is his little puppy dog who, even though he is often forgotten, still follows after his master with unwavering loyalty. In the end, however, I guess you could say those two are happily dating, and have been doing so, if I remember correctly from Jongkook said, seven years."

"Seven years?"

"Makes your four years of unrequited love seem pitiful doesn't it?" Smirking at the shock displayed obviously on Sungmin's face, Yuhwan placed a hand on the door back into the dorm room, and asked, "You ready to face the music?"

 

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

 

"They're gone now," Sungjong murmured, collapsing onto the two person couch, legs hanging over one arm. It had taken an offering of hot drinks and feeding the three extras his leftover cake before they had finally left. He had been able to see that Yuhwan had wanted to leave earlier, but Jongkook and Sungmin, which had been a surprise to both of the eldest in the group, had made him stay. "Why couldn't Jongkook have waited until this afternoon to sort that out?"

"Because he doesn't understand timing?" Sungmin replied, leaning on the back to peer down at his boyfriend. Boyfriend. He liked the way that idea ran through his mind.

"He's just a brat who wants everything to go his way."

"Aren't we all like that at one point?"

Glaring at the younger, Sungjong covered his face with an arm, sighing. "Not like him, Sungmin. I know you at least had some control otherwise... I don't know, we would have happened earlier."

"We?"

Blindly waving the arm not covering his eyes about, Sungjong explained, "Us, what we have, who we are! Don't you think the story we share is something only seen in those stupid comics and dramas?"

"I don't think it's stupid," Sungmin stated simply. 

"No, no, I mean..."

A gentle touch on his lips stopped him speaking, a kiss so brief and sweet Sungjong was glad his arm covered his face for the blush he was sure now lit his face like a beacon. "I know what you meant, hyung. It's just, seeing you flustered is so cute."

"Brat," Sungjong scowled light heartedly.

"But you were saying?"

Moving his arm away from his eyes, Sungjong stared up into Sungmin's eyes, thoughts invading his mind. It was a dream, it had to be. No romance was this simple, this perfect, except in dramas or manga. They had their moments of complication, moments where they forgot or did not see what was there for them already. If they had been paying any attention to the signs, they might have tried to make this happen earlier, but maybe they were meant to be blind to what was before them. Sungmin could have told Sungjong days or weeks after his break up with Yuhwan about his love for him, but that might not have lasted. Sungjong could have confessed uncertain feelings to Sungmin after their month apart from each other, but then Sungjong would not have had time to really discover just how important the younger male was to him. Fate had chosen that this was their time, and though he would forever question what would have happened if they had chosen for things to happen earlier, he would not regret the time they had been given.

"We changed," Sungjong whispered, reaching up to brush Sungmin's fringe away from his eyes. "We became so much more than I ever expected. You were always my little junior, a young mind who kept me smiling daily, but then you became such a part of my life, I couldn't imagine it without you."

"You won't be losing me any time soon, so don't go and imagine that." Walking around the couch so he could kneel on the ground in front of Sungjong, Sungmin waited until the elder had sat up, placing legs either side of his body, leaning onto the shorter's legs as he stared up into the soft eyes. "Anyways, this is only just the first day of the new us. I don't think I want to spend today, let alone any time in the near future, thinking about being without you." 

"No, that wouldn't be right, would it," Sungjong conceded, placing his hands over Sungmin's on his legs. "So, why don't you distract me," he whispered, leaning forwards until there was but a millimetre between their lips. "And give me a physical reason to love you."

"Physical?" Sungmin teased, brushing his lips over Sungjong's plump lower lip, at the corner as he passed over it. Slipping his hands out from the elder's grip, he toyed with the edge of Sungjong's shirt, fingers slipping under the loose material as he asked, "Don't you want to know who I really am first?"

One hand resting on the younger's neck and the other threading into his hair, Sungjong growled, "I spent five years getting to know who you are, Sungmin. I don't think the time we spent making love last night compares at all to the emotional connection we have already established."

"Well then, that's as good an invitation I'll ever get." Finally meeting the elder's lips in a desperate clash of tongues and teeth, he lifted the light body off the couch, standing as he wrapped Sungjong's legs around his waist. Blindly, he made his way towards the bedroom, realizing he was in there when his knees bumped into the mattress. Detaching from the luscious lips, he closed the door, holding back a moan when Sungjong on his neck, and dropped the elder on the bed. "Dammit Sungjong, don't you dare tease me."

Raising an eyebrow at the smirking younger, Sungjong lay back onto his pillows, purring, "Get over here then and I won't have to." 

We changed because you stayed true and my blindness was cured.

Thank you, Sungmin.

I love you.

 

~*~*~*~*~*~ The End ~*~*~*~*~*~

*

*

*

*

*

*

 

"Oy! Brats! It's the middle of the day! Go off campus if you're !"

"Jongkook, let them be. They won't be able to hear you through the wall anyways."

"Why the hell should I Sejoon? Can't you-mmf."

"Now, what were you saying?"

"Get over here and kiss me some more... If only to distract me from that racket." 

 

 


*I'm using the school system of Australia here, so there are five levels in high school therefore the only reason these two were able to meet in high school*

Second half written while mostly listening to Wheesung's Night and Day (which is absolutely gorgeous and I recommend it if you haven't listened to it yet)

Anyways, that's all folks :D

Sorry if it doesn't flow well (haven't read it from beginning to end), but I'm glad I wrote it :) And I sorta like how it turned out
THIS CHAPTER IS HUGE THOUGH... sorry... I wasn't expecting to drag it on for so long :/
I mean, I knew it was going to be long, but not 8160 words long O.O

So, leave thoughts and comments below, and whether you think I should explore anything else from this story!
(No promises though... I have two other fics I'm trying to write at the moment...)

And have some SungHa to finish off to celebrate my first completed fanfic :D <3 <3 <3
Thanks subbies and silent readers :) Hope it was a good read nonetheless :)


BD8pwujCMAMda6S.jpg:large    21539213.jpeg