So, do you like him?

We Changed

Clubs were not his scene, but tonight, he could not care less.

Oh Sungjong, calling himself Taeha for the night, tried to avoid such riotous scenes purely because he liked to keep to quiet areas normally. Full-time student, part-time assistant dance teacher at the local studio, Taeha spent more time cooped up in his dorm, or the University’s library, reading books upon books related to the subjects his History course were covering, than attending the parties thrown by the ‘In’ crowd weekly. It was not that he never got invited, but the way he was eyed like he was a piece of meat for eating by those inviting him, he knew it was better to keep his image as the nerdy hermit and hide away while students escaped off campus to attend these parties.

Tonight was different however. Having received a surprise visit from a friend from high school, who now looked down at him instead of meeting at eye-level, they had quickly reacquainted themselves, updating the other on where their lives were at that time. After hearing about Taeha helping at the dance studio, Sungmin had pleaded for the shorter to come with him to a club and meet a couple of friends he knew, trying to coax him out of the dorm room that the younger aptly described as the result of a library being upturned inside the living quarters and hastily sorted into semi-related topic piles. So Taeha liked studying about the ancient writings of Greek and Roman philosophers, it did not affect anyone else.

Calling the attention of the bartender, he asked for something that could take the edge of his foul mood, thankful that the attractive male did not question why. It was nothing too major of course, even he knew that it was silly to be upset by it, but when you finally get the nerves up to confess to the focus of your attraction for the last four months, and you get shut down the way Taeha was, it did leave a bad taste in your mouth and a knot in your stomach that won’t disappear. Especially when it was a male that you did not realize was not as bent as had originally been thought.

Accepting the drink placed in front of him, and smiling when the male waiter told him it was on the house, Taeha turned back to the crowded dance floor, deciding it was time to study the people who had shown up. Made up of a wide range of men and women of varying races, it seemed that not one person on that floor did not know how to dance. Lithe bodies pressed close in the hypnotic techno music that was, for the moment, echoing through the club, the heavy atmosphere anything but tense.

Wondering if Sungmin was somewhere in the throng of people, Taeha found his question answered when the tall youth weaved his way out of the crowd and made a beeline for him. Stopping in front of Taeha, as no seats beside him were free, the younger male passed an appreciative glance over his friend, the elder feeling embarrassed at the attention. Taking a step forward, Sungmin leant over Taeha and called for something weak, placing a bill on the table for the bartender to pick up, and in that moment, Taeha realized just how much his young friend had grown.

The last time he had been this close to Sungmin’s body, the youth’s shoulders had barely been as wide as Taeha’s. Now, with arms surrounding him as hands rested on the bar behind him, Taeha noticed that not only had his chest and shoulders broadened, but his neck too had thickened. Not to such a state that would make his head look small, but enough that he did not look like the child from the elder’s memory. This was a man standing before him, a handsome, amazing friend that was making his heartbeat turn erratic and his face flush. Or maybe that was the drink? It could not be that though as he’d barely sipped the mildly alcoholic beverage, just a bit disappointed the bartender had not given him something strong

Either way, when Sungmin shifted slightly, moving his head closer to the side of Taeha’s own, his breath ghosting over his ear, the short male closed his eyes as an unexpected wave of excitement coursed through him. “You look… Exquisite,” Sungmin purred into Taeha’s ear, resting his mouth against the lobe teasingly. When the warmth disappeared, Taeha blinked, watching as Sungmin pulled back holding a tall glass, a gleam in his eyes Taeha never thought he would see from the younger. “I almost wish I had not brought you here now.”

Forgetting he had been complimented just moments earlier, Taeha pouted at Sungmin’s words. “Did I do something wrong?”

“Wrong?” Sungmin chuckled, bending from his waist to meet the elder’s eyes. “I don’t think that something as, well, mysterious and appealing as you could be wrong.”

Smirking when Taeha blushed, Sungmin stood straight again, taking a gulp of his drink as he watched the elder gingerly sip from his own liquor mix. His friend had certainly dressed for the occasion tonight, all in black with tight jeans, loose shirt and leather suit-style jacket, but it wasn’t the clothing that the youth thought had transformed his usually innocent hyung. The thick layer of makeup that covered the usually blemished face had taken a rather average looking male and turned him into a magnet for men and women alike. In particular, Sungmin found the eye makeup, a point he did not know Taeha had spent far too long on trying to make it as appealing as possible, was what made his friend so attractive.

It was no secret amongst his friends that Sungmin had held an attraction to a high school friend a few years older than himself for a few years now, even though he had graduated already, but they were proving annoying when wanting to find out who it was. The demand to know who the person was getting to the point where Sungmin just wanted to knock his friends’ heads together. Often, he had told them he wasn’t sure which way his friend swung, even though it was clear that Taeha was more interested in men than women, hoping they would back off, but it had only increased their desire to embarrass him as much as possible.

A sudden change in music drew Sungmin’s attention towards the suddenly expanding crowd, Taeha peeking around his friend to see what was happening. When his drink was pulled from his hand and place back on the bar, he looked up into the younger’s bright eyes, surprised at the sudden action. Without saying a word, and gesturing for Taeha to not ask any questions, Sungmin pulled the elder off his seat and towards the crowd, placing a hand on his back to make sure he would not lose him.

Making their way into the crowd, Taeha was glad he had the younger with him, the taller seeming to part the people around them. He knew if he had tried making his way through here on his own, he was most likely to get trampled. As they got closer to wherever Sungmin was leading him, Taeha was shocked when a cheer sounded above the heavy thump of the music, glaring up at his friend when he laughed. Tugged closer to the tall youth, the hand rested on his back slid around to grip his waist as Sungmin continued to push through the people, coming out on the other side in front of a couple of booths.

“Jungwoo told me his partner is going to be performing with his group tonight,” Sungmin said, mouth close to Taeha’s ear. “I thought I recognised the song so I decided that while that other guy is off performing, I’d introduce you to Jungwoo.”

“Oy,” Taeha exclaimed, slapping Sungmin’s shoulder. “You could have given me some warning you wanted me to meet friends tonight! I could have worn something a bit better.”

Raising an eyebrow at the shorter, Taeha frowning up at him, Sungmin shook his head with a laugh and pushed him towards one of the booths closer to the front stage. “Jungwoo will think you’re adorable no matter what.”

Sungmin was right. As soon as the two of them had reached the booth where Jungwoo was waiting from them and Taeha had been introduced, Jungwoo had immediately started babying the small male. “Where did you find him Sungmin? And please don’t tell me you stole him off the street.”

“Hyung,” Sungmin scowled. Seating himself down opposite the brunette, he gestured for Taeha to sit beside him. When he had draped his arm around Taeha’s shoulder, causing Jungwoo to raise an eyebrow and conceal a smirk behind a hand, Taeha dropping his head to hide a light blush, the youngest drawled, “I didn’t have to drag him out of the sewers like you did with your man, if that’s what you were meaning.”

“He got drunk and fell off the sidewalk on his way home,” Jungwoo retorted, flicking his fringe out of his eyes. “You make it sound as though he lived down there.”

“He is an underground rapper, Woo. I’m actually surprised he didn’t.”

“Who are we talking about?”

Taeha had not meant to ask that out loud, but when Jungwoo turned surprised eyes towards him, he felt his face heat up and ducked his head again. A light touch to his ear had him twitch before he recognised the touch as a habit Sungmin had gotten into during high school. Tugging at his earlobe and fiddling with the edge had become something of an indication of Sungmin’s acceptance of a person as both of the males present at the table could attest to, but Taeha had a feeling that this touch was something more personal and supportive than just an act of habit.

“He’ll be here soon,” Jungwoo finally replied, picking his half empty glass off the table between them and downing its contents. “The Royal Class only perform one piece a night and it finished just a moment ago.”

“And it seems I’m back in time to meet Sungmin’s friend he was so keen to introduce us to.”

Shocked at the deep voice that spoke then, three sets of eyes spun to look up at the newcomer. Cheeky smile revealing a dangerous set of chompers, his gaze briefly passed over Jungwoo and Sungmin before settling on Taeha, curiosity morphing quickly in recognition when Taeha looked up.

“Good heavens Sungjong, who ever would have thought that Sungmin was meaning you?”

“Jiseok?”

“Damn, it is good to see you again shorty,” Jiseok exclaimed as Taeha leapt into his arms, smirking over the shorter’s shoulder at the two stunned faces staring up at them.

“Y- You know each other?” Sungmin stuttered out, pointing between the two as Taeha disentangled himself from Jiseok.

“High school,” Jiseok stated, slinging an arm over Taeha’s shoulders. The glares he received made him chuckle. “I was his senior of two years, and we met through the music course.”

“Did we?” Taeha was sure he remembered them meeting differently, but maybe his memory was a bit blurry of exact events.

“Well, it sort of was a colliding as you went racing past the art rooms to get to dance, as you were late, and you hit me as I came out of the art room.”

“That sounds like something Taeha would do,” Sungmin muttered. Jiseok, noticing the darkening aura around the youngest, passed a quick glance towards Jungwoo, asking him to settle the younger to which the other nodded minutely.

“Okay, come with me for a moment would you Sungjong?”

Pulling away a confused Taeha towards the dancing crowd, Jiseok dragged him into it a bit until he was certain Sungmin and Jungwoo would have little visibility of them talking. When he stopped, he glanced down at his junior, gesturing for him to dance a bit. When they were both moving to the music, Taeha finally chanced a peek up at his friend, wondering what was making the elder frown like that.

“Jiseok?”

“Do you like Sungmin?”

“What?”

When the elder raised an eyebrow at him, he realised that he would not be able to avoid that question now. There were many times he had been asked the same question through high school, though not for the male in reference now, and Taeha had always been able to avoid answering it easily. He must be missing something for Jiseok to be directing that sort of question, and so seriously, at him now.

“Can I…”

“Think about it as long as you need,” Jiseok cut in.

Thankful for that reprieve, Taeha continued to step to the music, not focussing on anything other than moving his feet from side to side. He would admit that he was expecting that question at some point, what with the actions of Sungmin that night. It was just, Sungmin was three years younger than him, finishing his final year in high school. To say he had not expected the younger to act this way to him tonight, especially after a year of not physically seeing each other, left him with the question of what he had expected.

The year apart had shown to Taeha that he relied on the younger’s crazy words and continuing support. When he was down, and Sungmin was free to talk, they would call each other and talk late into the night until he was feeling better. Taeha also made sure to give Sungmin the same priority whenever he was feeling down. There were arguments a plenty as well, times when Sungmin had been free to meet up, but Taeha had to deny because of homework or a university function, or the opposite. During those times, stress and, though he would deny it at the time, longing for the other drove them to short arguments, generally ending with Taeha in tears and Sungmin, or Taeha depending on who was free, apologizing endlessly.

Friends from university, though few, often asked if Sungmin was his boyfriend, leaving him confused as to why they would think that, and then blushing profusely when they insisted that only a boyfriend would take up as much of Taeha’s time as the younger was. It became a fact that hung in his mind at the end of every phone call and social media chat. Was he really attracted to the younger male?

Then he remembered the one time Sungmin did not respond to anything he sent to him for almost a month. He had been at a loss of what to do, spending less time focussed on his classes than he usually would, finding himself stuck in front of his phone or laptop, frequenting the inboxes of either gadgets for anything from the younger. Never had he pined for someone to such an extent before, and he had almost believed that he had actually fallen for the younger male. When Sungmin finally contacted him again, the first words that the younger had said to him had stopped him from believing they could be anything more.

I’m just your best friend hyung. You pestered me as though we were dating or something.

The younger had then gone one to tell him why he had disappeared, explaining that his grandmother had fallen ill suddenly, and in the rush to get out there, he had forgotten to take his phone. When asked about computer access, Sungmin had replied that there was no internet and his parents refused to let him go and waste time being unsociable when he could be spending time with his family. To Taeha, it had sounded more like Sungmin had tried to push him away for a month and not that he had been forbidden from communicating with the outside world.

That time had quickly been forgotten as they had fallen back into routine, and thinking about it now, Taeha realised he had been a fool. Sungmin had always been there for him, had always supported him, been the best friend he could be for him, and more. On the other hand, Taeha had been oblivious, continuously talking about guys he had been dating and the male he had been crushing on since the first day of university. He should have realised that Sungmin treated him so different to his other friends, but, then again, he probably did not want to fall for the younger while he was still in high school.

Thinking about just earlier, when Sungmin had approached him at the bar, Taeha recalled the fluttering of his heart, the heat he had felt in his cheeks at the presence of the younger, and the realisation he had come to when seeing that his little Sungmin was no longer as little or innocent as he had once seemed. The words and actions of just this night, especially now with Jiseok asking him such a question, also hinted at a possibility Sungmin might like him. It did seem a bit confusing, however, that his old friend from high school was asking what his feelings for the younger were.

Deciding he could safely answer Jiseok now, he looked back at his hyung, wishing once again that the height difference between them was not so extreme as he bent his neck to meet the dark eyes. It took a moment of staring before Jiseok had realized Taeha was no longer thinking, but when he did, he immediately picked up from where they had left off.

“So Sungjong?” Jiseok bent over to stare straight into Taeha’s eyes. “Have you got an answer?”

Taeha nodded. “But I have one question hyung.”

“Mm?”

“Why are you asking me?”

Jiseok smiled as he stood straight again. “I was curious. So, do you like him?”

“I do.”

“Would you be able to admit that to him now?”

Feeling his heart rate increase at the question, Taeha blushed. “I would be nervous, sure, but I… I might be able to.”

Wrapping the shorter into a quick hug, Jiseok murmured, “You better hold to your word kid, because I don’t think I’ve seen him act so possessive towards anyone before.” Pulling back, he rested both hands on his shoulders, asking, “I’m going to let him come here now, if you don’t mind. You should know now that he did not just show up on your doorstep out of the blue like he did just to bring you to the club to meet us.”

“I figured as much. This is an odd place to meet his friends,” Taeha confessed. “And he also seemed to be holding something back the whole time he was at my place this morning.”

“He’s ready,” Jiseok murmured, waving a hand at the shorter’s confused eyes having not been able to hear him over the loud music. “Stay right here, dance if you want.”

“I wasn’t already?”

Just shaking his head, Jiseok walked away and back to where Jungwoo and Sungmin were engaged in a seemingly deep conversation which stopped as soon as he stepped up to the booth. “Don’t let me stop you,” Jiseok joked as he slid in beside Jungwoo, naturally slinging an arm over his shoulder.

“We were just finishing anyways,” Sungmin replied, eyes searching the crowd. “Where’d you leave Sungjong?”

“Dancing. I need to talk with you first anyhow.”

Though his posture relaxed, Sungmin could not keep his eyes from searching the dancers for the short male, catching glimpses of the blonde mess from amongst moving bodies. When he said that he should not have brought the elder tonight after seeing him, he had been serious. He was not liking the way men and women alike were turning their eyes towards him, predatory gazes directed to the oblivious male, and he did not feel comfortable leaving Taeha alone.

“Sungmin, he’ll be alright.”

“That’s what you say Jungwoo,” he replied harshly. “You at least knew how to beat up a person so Taewoon didn’t have to worry about leaving you alone. Sungjong’s too much of an angel, he wouldn’t know what sort of person they were until it was too late.”

“Unfortunately love, I have to agree,” Jiseok piped up, earning him a glare from his lover. “Hey, I went to high school with him, I should know! Who knows how many times I had to take him away from the wrong crowds during the three years I knew him.”

“As if yours was any better,” Jungwoo scowled.

“We were!”

“What did you want to say?” Sungmin interrupted before another feud started up. Who knew how many times the two would fall into an argument, often ending in scenarios Sungmin dare not think about. He had generally left as soon as Jiseok had managed to calm Jungwoo down which was also when they would start with the PDA.

Jiseok turned to face him, ignoring the struggling Jungwoo beside him. “I did want to say more, but since I’m going to have to deal with this guy, I just cut straight to the point. He likes you.”

“He does?”

“I gave him a chance to think about it, and I could see he was thinking about a lot, so it is not just superficial,” Jiseok replied. “But there was a moment there where he looked rather down. Do you know what it might have been about?”

“There was only one time over the last two years that would make him feel like that,” Sungmin replied, knowing exactly when and what it was about. “You remember about my grandmother’s accident?”

“Yeah?”

“I didn’t talk to him for the whole time I was down there.” At the incredulous looks he received, Sungmin explained, “There was someone who was professing his love to me everywhere and I felt a bit silly ignoring him for someone who did not seem to be interested in me. I thought that if I used this month as an excuse to not talk to him, I’d get over him. But he messaged me every day, trying to find out what had happened, asking if he had done something wrong, begging forgiveness for whatever he had done, and I regretted leaving him without a word. If I had realized that he meant every word he sent, I would not have said what I did to him.”

“Well,” Jungwoo said, hand clamping over Jiseok’s before the older could ask what the youngest had said. “The past is the past, and if he was willing to admit to this buffoon here that he likes you, I say go get him.”

“Tha-“ Not even finishing the word, Sungmin had leapt out of the booth and dashed into the crowd, a dark mask over his eyes.

Stunned, Jungwoo and Jiseok watched the youngest dash away whilst blinking rapidly. Turning back to each other, Jungwoo released Jiseok’s mouth, answering the question in his lover’s eyes with a shrug. “Maybe he saw something happening to Taeha?”

“Maybe.” Jiseok threw a glance over his shoulder before turning back to Jungwoo with a smirk. “Oh well, give us a kiss.”

“Why should I do that,” Jungwoo retorted, pressing a hand to Jiseok’s chest when the rapper tried to kiss him with puckered lips.

“Well,” Jiseok mused, pretending to be thinking of an answer. “Because you love me?”

Jungwoo scowled, but let the two days younger brat kiss him.

Meanwhile, whilst the three had been talking about him, Taeha had let himself dance as he had been told to do. The atmosphere of the club seemed intoxicating, bodies pressed close together as the music rang in their ears, and it drew him in, letting his body act on impulse. He would not start anything big, he was too shy for that, but he wanted to do so much more than just stand in the one spot swaying. It was when he felt another body press up behind him, at least two songs after Jiseok had left, hands resting on his hips, that he wished Sungmin would hurry up and get there.

“Oh, don’t stop for me,” a voice murmured into his ear when he froze at the touch. “I was enjoying the show.”

Taeha did not know what to do. It was a male obviously, and someone taller than him, but aside from that, it was not the person he was waiting for, and it unnerved him that another male would approach him. Sure, he was glad that someone would come up to him, but he was a bit nervous of what Sungmin would do if he saw. That kid could get quite possessive over what he claimed as ‘his’.

“So, cutie,” the voice drawled, mouth ghosting across Taeha’s neck. “What’s your name?”

“None of your business,” Taeha grit out, resting his hands over the ones on his waist.

“Really?”

“Yes, now get off!” Taeha pushed the hands off, spinning around as he stepped away. He was about to yell at the male, a handsome, dark haired male he thought he should recognise, but was stopped when he was once again wrapped in the grip of someone. A gentle kiss to his neck halted his squirming and he settled against the familiar body.

“Sorry I’m late babe. You know what the hyungs are like.”

Relaxing in the arms of the taller, he rested his hands over the large ones running across his stomach, entangling their fingers together, oblivious to the threatening gaze being thrown at the male who had tried to dance with Taeha. It felt comfortable, being held in Sungmin’s arms this way, as though it was just where he needed to be. Turning in Sungmin’s arms, he hooked his hands around the taller’s neck, smiling up at him shyly.

“Hello,” Sungmin murmured, locking his fingers behind Taeha’s waist. “What was that I just saw?”

“A male overstepping his limits,” Taeha replied. Feeling a bit daring, he added nonchalantly, “He was just wanting to dance with me somewhere no one would see us.”

Smirking as he watched Sungmin eyes switch between being dark with rage or lust, the occasional moment of control, Taeha leant up, standing on his toes, and placed a chaste kiss to the scowling lips. Pleased, and a bit nervous, with the shock that replaced the other emotions that had been warring on Sungmin’s face, he waited for a reaction to come. There was only a slight doubt in his mind that the younger would react negatively, but like every other situation, Taeha was betting on receiving a response from the minority.

“D-does tha-at mean…?”

Unable to stop the giggle from bubbling over at Sungmin’s cute stuttering, Taeha nodded. He knew what the younger meant, and he felt so relieved that his suspicions were correct. “I like you Sungmin, more than as a best friend.”

Wasting no more words, Sungmin swooped in for another kiss, pulling Taeha close so nothing was between them. Oh how he had longed for this, and now that it was happening, he could get enough. The taste of his lips, the eagerness in how he let Sungmin search his mouth, the hands that tugged at his hair, he wanted more. More, however, he would not try to get from Taeha in this place, and he pulled back from the sinful mouth, chuckling at the dazed eyes of the shorter.

“Sungjong…”

“My dorm is closest.”

“Let me get my bag.”

That was too easy. Taeha was not supposed to be the one suggesting they leave, that was his job. Then he remembered that Taeha was older than him, and had been in more relationships that he himself had been, so it seemed only natural that he should be the one giving directions. Dragging him back to where Jungwoo and Jiseok were, passing a blind eye to their face-eating and sure to become public , he took his bag from the booth and left the two behind. Pulling Taeha to his side, he wrapped an arm around his waist as he led the two out, needing to ask him just one last question before he let desire take over him later.

“Are you sure this is alright, Sungjong?”

Taeha did not answer Sungmin until they were outside the club. Twisting around, he gripped the collar of the taller’s vest, pulling himself up so he could press their lips together quickly. “I wouldn’t have suggested it in the first place if I wasn’t certain, moron,” Taeha muttered against his lips.

“Just checking,” Sungmin pouted, though his eyes spoke of something less remorseful. Seeing that, Taeha pulled back, raising an eyebrow suggestively as he turned away.

“Come now then, Sungmin,” Taeha called, voice low. “There are so many things I want you to do to me, so many ways I want you to make me scream.”

Growling, Sungmin followed the elder, resisting the urge to pull him into an alleyway and have his way with the tease then and there. Even though it seemed the elder would not have minded, he did not want to make the first time with Taeha seem like it was done out of pure lust, therefore the reason he would hold off until they got back to the dorm. He wanted to show Taeha that he loved him, and that he would take care of him forever, that, even though the elder had only just discovered his true feelings, he would do the best for both of them. Four years, he had waited for Taeha to see him, and now, he would have him.

He just hoped Taeha would not regret it later.

 


hey y'all :D First chapter done for your perusal
Sorry if it's not the greatest, it kinda got thrown together a bit and is not my best bit of writing, but I am looking forward to finishing the second chapter, which will be full of fluff and sugary Sungmin sweetness to Taeha :D
Anyways, here's some Taeha receiving kisses all around and then.... Well... 

[​IMG]  [​IMG]

[​IMG]  [​IMG]

Damn Taeha, who knew you had those abs with that face O.O And Sungmin just won't stop kissing him or touching him XD (I'm ignoring the amount of times Yuhwan also kisses him...) 
Anyhows, I'm off, buh-bye <3
Subscribers and commenters are <3