Lay

Hesitant Heart

AN: Read this as though someone is telling you their love life story. All three stories have taken place in the past year and a half.

 


 

I’ve been dealing with this one sided love for two years now. This person has slowly revealed to be the one I’ve been looking for. Of course I have liked before and thought I had found “the one” on numerous occasions, but that was kid stuff. Lay has taught me what real love is or what I think real love is. Honestly, I’m making it a bigger deal than it actually is. We’ve never spoken before, I’ve just been observing him from afar and hoped he would notice me. Like I said its my one sided love.

 

How do I know its love?

 

I have found myself caring more about him than me. Feelings of wanting to take care of him, wondering if he’s eaten yet, what he’s doing, and if he’s happy have taken over me. Praying for him to get home safe and wanting nothing bad to happen to him.

 

You see I have no problem admitting to anyone that I love this man. However, a year ago if you had asked I would have denied the whole thing. I made a big mistake and kept denying it. Knowing the shy person that I am my friends even offered to put in a good word for me, but being the foolish girl that I am and lacking confidence I said I wasn’t interested.

But now, now that I have allowed my feelings to roam free, he’s gone! I only get to see him three times a year now. I’ve cried myself to sleep and promised myself to make an effort to talk to him he next time I see him. I have found it’s not as simple as I thought it was to keep that promise. I’m too ashamed to ask my friends for help since I made it very clear a year ago not to bother me with such things.

 

Whenever I see him my heart starts racing, I go weak at the knees, and can’t breathe! Even at a distance he has this great effect. I can never go up to him, how can I, I’m too shy. The one time I got the courage so say hi I shied away.

I feel like such a fool because I can’t even say hi.

That’s why I decided to give up. I don’t think it will ever be possible for me to talk to him. Although I don’t think I’ll ever find someone like him.