Ready To Blossom

The Colours Of Blossoming

The sakura petals flew through the sky, dazzling with all its beauty, the warm summer breeze filled the rooms with its tranquillity and the sounds of playful laughter purified the air, Kazoku Inn, this is my summer home.

“WHERE IS MY FOOD I ORDERED TEMPURA 1 HOUR AGO?” The angry guest said with an intimidating expression. I bowed deeply with a sincere apology as my hair fell down to floor in my silk kimono.

“I’m terribly sorry Sir but our gas line has had terrible malfunctions this evening please forgive us for the inconvenience, it should be running.” I said.

“No…it’s fine accidents happen.” The customer said apologetically.

I then excused myslef and ran out towards the kitchen.

“Minato-San is the tempura ready yet? Room 101 is getting angry” I yelled to the chef.

“Sorry Sayaka-Chan it’s nearly, FWAHHH” At that instant while he was cooking, the flame went spaztic and burned his hand.

“MINATO-SAN!!” I yelled. Suddenly the land lady of the inn came in with a bucket of water or my grandmother.

“OBA-SAN (grandmother)” I screamed. Minato rushed to put his hand in it as he sighed as it cooled off. We wrapped it with a cast so the burn could not get worse.

“Thank you land lady, unfortunately though I can’t work here anymore, this is the 3rd accident this month I keep on burning my hand I will have no hand by next year.” Minato said.

“Minato-san you can’t quit!!!” I screamed. Minato has been working hear for nearly 6 months and he’s so kind to everyone. “Please Sayaka, Land Lady this inn it’s falling to pieces there’s nothing left of it anymore, there are new inns with better services that we cannot compete with. Sell this inn and make some money and live in Tokyo rather than this place outside the cities” Minato pleaded.

“NO WERE NOT GOING TO SELL THIS INN” I said. The land lady stayed silent.

“YOU’RE GONNA END UP LIVING LIKE THIS FOREVER, DON’T YOU REALISE THIS PLACE WILL NEVER BE THE SAME CHEERFUL PLACE IT USED TO BE” Minato yelled as he stormed off outside the inn.

“Wait Minato-San don’t leave- “Kyahhh!!!” the loud scream was heard from room 101. I immediately rushed there. I see the light bulb in the room fallen down to the ground and shattered and a terrified waitress.

“THIS WAITRESS IS TRYING TO KILL ME” the same angry man said as he pointed to Sachi-Chan the other waitress.

“WHEN SHE WAS POURING ME TEA SHE BEANT DOWN AND DROPPED THE LIGHT BULB TO TRY AND ELECTROCUTE ME”

“No! You have it all wrong it was an accident!” Sachi-Chan explained shyly.

“You idiot why would someone wanna try and electrocute you!” I said with a face palm.

“THIS IS OUTRAGEOUS I AM LEAVING AT THIS INSTANCE!!” He said as he rushed out of his room and downstairs to the exit.

“Are you kidding me that’s the 3rd one and he has not paid!” I grumbled.

“I can’t work here, all these problems I DON’T WANT SOMEONE YELLING AT ME LIKE THAT AGAIN! I QUIT!” Sachi said as she ran off and outside like Minato.

“Sachi-Chan wait!!” I tried to chase after her but oba-san stopped me.

“Leave them be” She said as she walked back inside the inn.

I sighed, “and that was our only customer in 2 weeks” I moaned.

I went back to my room to sleep, I laid down on the bed thinking and thinking and took out my phone. I tried calling Minato and Sachi but they did not pick up their phones. I then scrolled through my contact list on my brick nokia phone and saw “Roro” and pressed call. The phone rang for 2 beeps, “moshi mosh Ryota? I need to talk” I whispered.

The next morning I woke up and got ready for school, I then went straight to the kitchen in my uniform.

“Ohaiyou-Gozaimasu! (GOOD MORNING)” I yelled through the kitchen as it echoed. I then realized that no one was there, I knew what happened yesterday was not a dream, I knew that me and grandmother were the only people at Kazoku inn. I stepped out the front door and began walking. I was humming this tune of this song ‘Hime’ from an anime I was watching yesterday. The beautiful song mellowed through the open fresh air. I then walked passed a house where someone was waiting for me. A guy dressed in his school uniform and his light brown hair sparkled in the sun.

“5 minutes late Sayaka!” He said as he pointed to his watch.

“Whatever! Ryota” I said, “Hurry up and get on!” Ryota said as he pointed to his bike he was sitting on. Ryota is my childhood friend i've known him since we were little kids he's only been really nice being a farmers boy.

Ryota drove the bike while I sat at the back and admired the scenery, my hair fluttered in the wind as it got on to Ryota’s face while he was driving, and he blushed slightly.

The school day finished reasonably early with the sun still shining as I walked home because Ryota was going to be late with club activities. As I approached Kazoku Inn I saw two strange men walking outside dressed like business men, they seemed to have talked with the land lady. I ran to the door and to Oba-san.

“Oba-san...what were those men doing here?” I asked.

“Oh nothing for you to be concerned about Sayaka-Chan, they were just journalists” She replied. I sighed a breath of relief knowing it was not anything serious.

“Sayaka we don’t have any appointments for the next week so you can close the inn for the rest of the day and rest” Oba-san said with an expressionless face.

The afternoon went by and as night fell and I sat in my room all alone.

“A lonely inn is just no fun, Oh my phone it’s missing, I think I left it on the reception counter when I walked in, Roro said he wanted to talk to me” I murmured as I felt my pockets for my phone.

As I made my way downstairs to the reception I spotted my phone but saw an open letter on the counter as well.  The letter read Kashigawa Constructions. I opened the letter to read it out of curiosity.

“Dear Kazoku Inn,

We have received multiple reports of members of your staff resigning due to health and mental issues we have come to inform you that we will would like to demolish Kazoku inn and rebuild a 40 floor hotel to accommodate visitors to the country side. Unfortunately we would usually ask for your permission but sadly due to the recent reports of staff resigning and numeral guest complaints, the council believes that the inn is a hazard so they have given us full authority to do as we please, we ask that you vacate from the inn before next year so we will give you 1 year however if you have any question or if you need any more or less time to do this please speak to us in our Tokyo office.”

“…s” I mumbled as I grew into fury and tore the letter. I immediately ran to grandmother’s room.

“OBA-SAN WHAT IS THIS?!!?” I yelled.

“There is nothing we can do about this Sayaka!” she said in a direct dull tone.

“YES WE CAN! Let’s go to Tokyo and work this out!”

“SAYAKA PLEASE LEAVE IT THERE IS NOTHING WE CAN DO ANYMORE ITS OVER!” The room went silent, Oba-San had never screamed or yelled like that before, I broke the silence with tears down my eyes.

“You promised mommy and daddy the night of the fir-“I was cut off.

“Sayaka we never speak of that.” Oba-san cut my off. The silence returned.

“I know you want to protect this inn Oba-San so I’m going to Tokyo to save it whether you like it or not!” I said as I stormed off out the door. The room remained silent as the land lady had a faint smile.

“Unfortunately I cannot help you protect Kazoku inn Sayaka, I tried long ago and I could not but now you can.” The land lady murmured in the silent room.

 

TO BE CONTINUED.... :3

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

HEY EVERYONE ITS ME SLOOTIE <3 Tell me what you think this is kinda short cuz it was meant to be double this but i was like lets split it cuz its too long :P Anyway

BIG THANK YOU TO TAROTCHI FOR THE ART OF SAYAKA PLEASE VISIT HER DEVIANT ART AND TUMBLR AS WELL AS MY TUMBLR FOR UPDATES <3

My Tumblr: http://shinsekai-slootiegirl.tumblr.com/

Tarotchi dA: http://tarotchi.deviantart.com/

Tarotchi Tumblr: http://fancyshota.tumblr.com/