01

Just One Day

J-Hope P.O.V

I walked to school nervously, reciting what I am going to say to her today. Its finally my D-day, the day that I confess to Jung Hyemi, my best friend. Its so nerve wrecking for me, I mean who wouldn’t have a mental breakdown when they are going to confess to their own bestfriend.

I took a deep breath and entered the school gate, its still early yet the classrooms are already packed with students. I looked around my classroom and saw Hyemi sitting by the window.

“Ya Jung Hyemi!” I called her.

She immediately saw me and waved her hands, ”Morning Hoseokah~”

That smile of hers…and the way she says my name..ah there goes my heart.

“Morning.” I smiled and sat next to her.

“I heard the teachers are going to have a long meeting today,” she said excitedly.

My eyes widened,”Really? That’s great!”

She nodded in agreement,”I know right! So we basically have the day off,” She clapped her hands happily.

I shook my head,”Tsk tsk tsk are you that happy for not studying, such a great student.”

She pouted and hit my arm, ”Ya! Like you’re not excited.”

I laughed and ruffled her hair,”Of course I am excited you idiot. So what should we do for the rest of the day?”

She tapped her chin as she thought ,”Have you eaten yet?”

“Nope, I woke up late so I just rushed to school, how about you?” I asked.

She shook her head, “Me too.”

“Should we go grab something to eat?”

She nodded and got up to pack her stuff.

“Hyemiya…should we skip school today?”

She raised an eyebrow, “Skip school?”

I nodded slowly, “ I mean.. we’re not going to study today right so why not?”

“True…oh well why not!” she shrugged and slung her backpack on her shoulder.

“Ready to go?” I asked.

She nodded and linked her arm with mine, “Leggo~”


“Wah its been a long time hasn’t it?” she closed her eyes enjoying the breeze.

I chuckled and sat on one of the swings, ah this playground brings back sweet memories.

“Remember when we first met?” she asked me.

I nodded,” How could I forget when you were crying like a baby.”

She pouted, ‘’ oh shut up! How would you feel when you lose your mom all of a sudden!”

I laughed and flicked her head, “Pabo, you were crying all over the place saying umma! Umma! You were so loud that you woke me up from my peaceful sleep.”

She chuckled, “Well you’re an idiot too. Why would you sleep here anyways. Its called a playground not a bedroom.”

I rolled my eyes,” well there is no rule saying you can’t sleep in a playground right?”

“Pft whatever…anyways how long has it been? Since we first met here?”

I smiled, “About 6 years..”

“Woah..its been a long time right Hoseokah?” she smiled sweetly and looked at me.

Those warm brown orbs of hers staring right into me, I couldn’t help but look away so I wouldn’t make a fool out of  myself.

I bit my lip and took a deep breath,”Umm..Hyemiya..”

“yes?”

“I have something to tell you..” I said.

This is it. This is really it.

“Oh really? I have something to tell you too to be honest,”

I tilted my head, “what is it?”

She sat next to me and sighed,”Hoseokah…I am moving to Seoul..”

My eyes widened as I tried to digest what she just said, “Wait what?”

She sighed, “I am moving…”

I just sat there speechless, “Why…”

“My father has been offered a job in Seoul and besides you know I have always wanted to live in the big city right?” she said softly.

“So..when are you leaving?” I swear i heard my voice cracking.

“The day after tomorrow..” She answered.

My eyes widened..wait this wasn’t supposed to happen. I was supposed to confess today…

well I guess fate planned something else.

“Oh well..but can you grant me one last wish?” I asked.

She nodded,” Of course! What is it?”

“I want to spend the whole day with you tomorrow…as a couple.” I looked at her and she seems to be a bit confused.

“A..couple?” she asked.

I nodded slowly,” Yeah..i’ve always wanted to take you on a proper date.”

She smiled and hit my arm playfully, “Didn’t know Heosokie is like this. Okay then I shall be your date for the whole day tomorrow. So what should I wear for the  date?”

The date..the date.. I’ve always wanted to go on a date with Hyemi..Sadly this is my first and probably last date with her.

“Umm just wear something comfy.” I gave her a smile. Well Hyemi looks perfect in anything to be very honest.

“Okay then, I have to go pack my stuff.” She smiled and waved goodbye.

I tried to smile back but I couldn’t. How could I when she’s gonna leave me the day after tomorrow. But at least I get to have her tomorrow right? Although its just us playing pretend, but at least she could be mine right? All the things I wanted to do with her I would be able to do it tomorrow..just tomorrow.

 Because just one day..For just one day she’s mine.

The next day I woke up pretty early, to be honest I didn’t get that much sleep. My eyes won’t shut last night so I just ended up sleeping for 4 hours. I hurriedly got my self ready to go.

I checked my watch and it’s just 8 AM… should I just go over to her house..Is she even awake? Ugh I am way too overly excited. I brushed off all my concerns and headed to Hyemi’s place.

“Hey Hyemi I am downstairs, can you open the door for me?”

“yeah sure wait a moment.” She hung up and I waited patiently.

As I was waiting the door opened and I saw Hyemi smiling in front of me. She looks…Beautiful as always.

“Didn’t really know what to wear for the date but I hope you like my outfit today.” She bit her lips shyly and spun around letting her knee-length summer dress flow.

I chuckled and pecked her cheek, “You look pretty as always.”

Hey i couldn't help it okay? She's just too cute to resist.

Her eyes widened and I could see a blush starting to form in those chubby cheeks of hers,”Umm should we go now?”

I nodded, “Ready to go have the best day of your life?”

She laughed and nodded, “Surprise me Hoseok-ssi.”