Rememberance (

Forever and Always: Please Don't Go (1/3)

They had just arrived home. The girls walked in together. The boys just stayed in the car, thinking of how they had all known Amber before they became famous, also known as when they were trainees. Back then they didn’t know that she was married to Key, so they kind of… um, made bad first impressions.

(Flashback: Taemin)

He walked into the dance room. Nobody else was in there, so he thought it was safe. Being the shy little kid he was, Taemin usually didn’t like performing in front of large crowds, but he had to it up since he wanted to be famous. But that didn’t mean he had to practice in front of people all the time.

He started going through some TVXQ dance steps since they were his favorite band. He danced to Hug, My Little Princess, and half of Balloons when the door shut very loudly. He jumped in the middle of the step, frightened by the sudden loud noise.

There was a girl with jet black hair, very short. She had one simple Converses, a light white tee, and jeans. Not skinny jeans, but… jeans.

“Um, sorry,” she spoke lightly. “I just wanted to see who was in here. You’re a really good dancer.”

“N-No, it’s okay. I was just practicing,” Taemin answered shyly. He quickly walked over to the radio and pulled out his CD. He slid it into his CD case, put the case in his backpack, and tried to walk past the girl.

“Will you dance some more?” the girl asked strangely. Taemin just looked at her. “I’ve never seen anyone dance so well. Well, I mean my… boyfriend’s pretty good at it, but you seem just a bit better. Don’t tell him I said that though!”

Taemin was warming up to her. He smiled and nodded. “Okay, noona.”

She smiled too. “Thanks. I’m Amber Liu, SM trainee. I don’t know the group I’m going to be put in yet, though.”

Taemin laughed a little. “I don’t either. I’m Lee Taemin. Are you from America, noona?”

“Yeah, how’d you know?”

“Doesn’t your name say it all?” he asked skeptically.

“Well what do names have to do with it?” Amber was kind of offended.

“Um, n-nothing, but—“

“I have to go, Taemin-sshi. I’ll talk to you later.” Amber left the room with a small wave. Taemin sighed, seeing as he failed to gain another friend. He was so bad with social skills.

 

Later that day, both Taemin and Amber were put into a group. Amber was in f(x), and Taemin in a new boy band called SHINee that was supposed to a project of SM, just like Super Junior was supposed to be a project.

One of Taemin’s new members was in the same dance room that he had been dancing in earlier.

A bright and enthusiastic boy came up to him with a smile. “Annyong haseyo! Are you Lee Taemin-sshi?” he asked.

“Y-Yes. Are you in SHINee too?”

“Yeah! Hi, I’m Kim Ki Bum, but I’ll be called Key internationally.”

Taemin shyly bowed at his conversational hyung. “It’s nice to meet you… um, hyung…?” Taemin raised his eyebrows as if asking ‘May I call you that?’

Key answered with a question himself. “Well Taeminnie, you wanna have a dance battle?”

Taemin smiled and nodded enthusiastically. While he nodded, he looked at Key’s clothes. They were well beyond the normal fashion sense of any celebrity. Well, besides Kwon Jiyong. Anyway, as Taemin was looking at Key’s bracelet, he saw a shiny ring on his left finger.

“Hey, hyung, is that a ring?” Taemin asked innocently, pulling Key’s hand up closer to his face so he could look at it.

Key was nowhere near embarrassed to who his second most prized possession off. “Yeah, that’s my wedding ring. You like it?”

“You’re married hyung? Wow!” Taemin enthusiastically smiled and clapped for Key. Key only beamed proudly.

“Oppa~”

“Speak of the devil!” Key said, grinning wider and running over to the door to greet his wife. Taemin just waited and watched to see who his hyung was married to. The moment she jumped in Key’s arms, he recognized her. “Amber noona?”

Amber was still smiling when she looked over at Taemin. “Oh, hey. Nice seeing you again.”

Key kissed her lightly and let her down. He took her hand and showed her off to Taemin. “Taeminnie, this is my wife, Amber Liu. She’s going to be here at SM too.”

“I know…” Taemin said half-breathlessly. Instead of just her clothes and fresh face from earlier, she was wearing some make-up and her hair was just a little styled. “Now noona’s a lot prettier.”

Key squinted at him accusingly. Who was he to say that about his wife? “What do you mean by ‘prettier’? She’s always been beautiful. And you can’t talk about her like that; she’s mine.”

“Ki Bum oppa, it’s okay,” Amber soothed Key. “I met him earlier and I wasn’t wearing any make-up. So he has reason to say I’m prettier now. I actually like it when he calls me that.”

Taemin blushed a little. He never expected her to say that. Neither did Key. He looked at Amber, mouth agape. “W-What? B-But don’t you like it when I call you that?”

“Well yeah, but it’s nice to be called pretty from someone other than my husband sometimes.” She winked at him and giggled as he wriggled his eyebrows.

Taemin laughed at how close they were together. He’d have to wait to get that dance battle with Key.

(End of flashback)

Taemin flung himself down on the bunk bed he shared with Minho. Minho followed him into the room, but went up to the top bunk. His meeting with Amber was just as bizarre as Taemin’s, but a lot different.

(A/N: I don’t want to bore you guys with flashbacks, so I’m just going to include Minho’s, Jonghyun, and Onew’s in this one too, okay? Sorry for the inconvenience.)

(Flashback: Minho)

Right after SHINee debuted, the five boys of SHINee were walking out on the streets in disguises. The night before, they had gotten major popularity on Music Core. They had already gotten fans and if they didn’t wear their disguises, they’d really have to be careful out in public.

“Let’s go get chicken legs!” Onew excitedly shouted. Jonghyun slapped him upside the head and hissed, “Not so loud hyung! Fans might hear you.”

“Oh, sorry,” Onew mumbled, rubbing the back of his head and blushing.

“We should go get some pizza,” Key suggested with a mischievous smile on his face. Only Taemin knew what that smile went. The other members hadn’t met Amber yet. They technically had, but they hadn’t gotten to see Amber around Key. So only Taemin knew what the smile meant—Amber was probably out eating in the pizza place before f(x)’s debut.

“Why pizza?” Onew whined. “Chicken is way better.”

Key, with his newfound diva attitude, glared at Onew and answered in a ‘it’s obvious’ tone, “Because I’m the mom of the group and I decide where we go.” Key turned up his nose and walked off towards the pizza shop where he knew Amber and f(x) would be. The rest of SHINee just followed as quickly as they could. Key was a natural-born speed-walker.

The bell dinged on the door to the pizza shop. None of the customers looked up, but when Key made a little cat noise, one pair of ears perked up. She turned around and stared at the sight of her handsome husband. She smiled widely and blushed when he saw her. He grinned and started walking towards her. He couldn’t hug her as much as he wanted because he couldn’t risk her career, so he just sat down at the table. Victoria noticed how much Amber blushed when Key pushed his hoodie back a little. The rest of f(x) giggled when Key nudged Amber with his arm. There was obvious flirting between them.

“Yeah, thanks for saving a seat for us, Key,” Jonghyun snapped as he and the rest of the SHINee members sat at a nearby table. Luna, Sulli, and Krystal took pity on them, so they all moved over to sit with them. Sulli had to get an extra seat for herself, but she still got to sit with them.

Victoria, Key, and Amber found it funny how they all moved over with the SHINee members. They were the two new groups for SM, and they were supposed to be a big thing in the future, apparently. That was why the CEO of SM decided to put all of them together; so he could make some of the best artists SM Entertainment ever had. He wanted something different from them, too. SNSD was already a classic girl group—sweet y style. And Super Junior was your common boy band—hilarious hunky hotties. f(x) was supposed to be a mixture of sweet, sassy, edgy, tomboy, and classic, whereas SHINee was made to be strong, cute, powerful, simple, and also classic. So they were said to be the two biggest stars of the future.

Victoria left too, but to see what would happen between Key and Amber if she did it.

Key made sure none of them were looking before pecking Amber on the cheek. She giggled and blushed. She was a lot more girly than normal.

“Where’s my tomboy wife?” Key asked.

“Right here, where else?”

“No, she isn’t. You’re acting too… cute. Now come on, be you. Don’t let those girls get the best of you. You’re the best when you’re a tomboy. Trust me, I know.” Key smirked and winked at her. What he didn’t know was that most of the SHINee members had seen the small kiss. Minho was the only one to notice their intertwined fingers under the table, though. He grew awfully suspicious.

“Why are they holding hands under the table, Jonghyun hyung?” Minho asked, patting Jonghyun’s shoulder to get his attention. He was having a heated battle with Luna to see who had a higher voice. Onew and Victoria were enjoying the battle. It was senseless to even try to beat Luna; she had an amazing voice. Then again, Jonghyun did too, so maybe it didn’t really even matter.

Jonghyun looked over at Key and Amber. He readjusted his position in his seat so he could see their hidden hands. He gasped when he saw them. “Why are they holding hands?!” he fiercely whispered.

Just then, Amber stood up to go to the bathroom. Minho and Jonghyun thought Key would follow, but he stayed at the table in his seat. They shrugged off their suspicions and went back to talking to the groups. Minho still kept his eye on Key though.

Key was tapping his foot anxiously, waiting for the right moment to follow her. Amber told him to follow her, but he knew that a few of s were watching them, so he said that he’d have to stay behind and wait. And that’s exactly what he did.

The moment Key got up from his seat was the moment Minho was almost convinced that Key and Amber were in a relationship. Key walked to the other side of the restaurant to the restrooms, the same place where Amber had gone a few minutes before. Seriously, who took that long in the bathroom?

Key excitedly knocked on the family bathroom door. In a matter of seconds, it opened. Amber pulled him in and closed the door. Being the mischievous wife she was, she slammed him against the bathroom door and immediately attacked him with kisses. Key laughed as she did her work.

Unfortunately, Key hadn’t noticed someone following him. Minho didn’t knock on the door, but instead placed his ear against it. Anybody who had seen him looked at him like he was crazy. He was listening to the person in the bathroom go pee.

That’s what they thought.

Minho heard silent laughing and kissing noises, but nothing more. He covered his mouth with his hand and gasped quietly. He was right; they were in a relationship! And a serious one at that. He gathered his courage to knock on the door.

Amber had just wrapper her legs around Key’s waist but they had to stop and be quiet; somebody knocked on the door. Key went against what Amber made him do and attacked her neck. Amber hid her moans as best as she could. She couldn’t help it though; Key was getting her sensitive spots.

Minho heard one moan and instantly figured it out—Key and Amber were in a scandal. (Silly boy, don’t you think?) He speed-walked back to the table to tell the others.

“Hey!”

The seven people there looked up from their conversations.

Minho held onto his chairs back for support while he spoke. “I think Amber and Key hyung are doing stuff in the bathroom.”

“What do you mean by stuff?” Victoria asked. She was the oldest of the group, so she had to be the most responsible.

“I mean, stuff, as in… stuff.” Minho raised his eyebrows, giving Victoria a hint at what he was saying. She got it perfectly. She quickly got up and ran to the bathroom. She too placed her ear on the door, and it was different from what Minho heard.

Silence.

She walked back to the table slowly, wondering why Minho had said what he said.

“So did you hear them?” he asked. His eyes were hopeful.

“No, I didn’t hear a thing. Minho, I think you were imagining things.”

“But I wasn’t noona! I heard them, I know it!”

Taemin tried his best to hide his smile. He knew exactly what they were doing. Key once told him that he didn’t want to take Amber’s ity while they were still trainees, so he was going to wait. When Key said ‘they,’ he actually meant SHINee, not f(x). So maybe this was the time that Key was going to become a man.

“Minnie-ah, why are you smiling?” Onew asked. “Do you know anything?”

Taemin blushed from embarrassment, but couldn’t help from laughing. He burst out in giggles and had to use Sulli for support. Everybody there looked at him questioningly. Thankfully for him, Amber and Key came back. Unfortunately for them, they had a few questions to answer.

“Amber-ah, what were you and Key doing in the bathroom?” Victoria asked.

“Nothing. And we weren’t in the bathroom together,” she smoothly lied. Key on the other hand snorted just trying to keep back his laugh. Minho peered at his hyung questioningly.

“We didn’t do anything, okay?” Key said, his voice cracking a little bit. He was doing a terrible job at keeping his smile away. Amber slapped his arm.

“Don’t lie to us, hyung. I heard you and Amber.”

“You were eavesdropping?” Key raised an eyebrow, but it was a bad idea. Everybody knew they did something.

“So you did do something!” Minho smiled, but it vanished when Key grabbed Amber’s hand, lacing his fingers through hers.

“Well,” Key said skeptically as Amber blushed, “we did do something, but it’s not what all of your erted minds think.” He turned to Taemin. “Taeminnie, why don’t you tell them what you know, since you’re having such a hard time keeping it from them?”

Taemin had to laugh a little more before telling them. “Amber noona and Key hyung are married.”

The groups gasped in unison. There was no way that they could be married, right? Amber never told f(x) and Key never told SHINee except Taemin, but that wasn’t planned. But if Key and Amber were married, then how did they get into SM? You weren’t allowed to be married before you entered SM Entertainment.

“We hid our relationship so we could both get into the business, alright? If any of you tell somebody, you’re all dead.” Amber shot scary glances at all of them. They nodded and continued to eat their pizzas in silence. They had to think about what they just found out.

Key and Amber laughed together and hugged. Nobody looked. Key had put his hoodie back on and Amber still wasn’t a real idol; f(x) still had to debut.

“I love you Amber,” Key whispered in her ear.

“I love you too Ki Bum oppa.”

(End of flashback)

Minho smiled up at the ceiling. He was glad he found out that they were married, but he never really expected it. He had only thought that they were doing something bad.

Meanwhile in the living room, Key was only thinking about what his life would be like without Amber. No morning breakfast at their hide-out every day, no church visits together, no secret kisses in public, no connections at concerts, no hugs, no smiles for no reason, no… nothing. His life was going to be empty and so was he. He really couldn’t live without her.

Suddenly, the phone rang. Jonghyun was the one to answer it. Key didn’t watch him, but Onew did. Onew saw how Jonghyun’s face went from curiosity to surprise to utter joy. He was curious as to why it all happened. Jonghyun put the phone down and immediately ran over to Key. He pulled on Key’s arm and yanked him up. Key just stared at him like he was a mad man.

“What are you doing hyung?” Key asked, irritated.

“Just come with me. We’re going somewhere.” Jonghyun gave him a reassuring smile and pulled him out the door.

 

The moment Key saw the hospital he started to hit Jonghyun’s arm, saying that he was stupid and heartless for bringing him to the hospital. Jonghyun just kept on smiling. He parked the car, jumped out, and pulled Key out from the other side since his legs didn’t seem to function.

They rushed into the hospital. Dr. Lee was waiting for them there. It was four hours after SHINee had arrived back home but Dr. Lee looked a lot… younger, and happier.

“Kim Ki Bum, please come with me,” Dr. Lee said.

Key was oblivious to what was going on, but he still followed Dr. Lee down the hall. Tears built up in his eyes as they got closer and closer to the one room he didn’t want to go to.

Dr. Lee gripped the door handle with a certain excitement. “You should say hi.” Then he opened the door.

Key peeked his head in with wonder, but was still sad. He froze the moment he heard:

“Ki Bum oppa.”

Could it be…?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Cliffhanger! This is only part one of three, so I'll probably be posting part two in about a day, so please wait! I place the link to part 2 later; please be patient, and comment if you can, and most definitely subscribe!

I shall NOT tell you the title of part 2 cos it'll give away the whole concept of part 2 ;) So does the ending here... But you still aren't going to hear the title ;D

Thank you for reading :D