CHAPTER 11

Love Conquers All


*Ahh, why did I do that when she has a fiancé!* he thought.
He was blaming himself for not meeting you first. He always felt happiness whenever he talked to you on the phone; you made him forget all the problems he had growing up. If he couldn't be with you, just the happiness of knowing you were his friend was enough for him.
Soon enough, both of you arrived at the theater. Woohyun, on the other hand, wanted you to pick the movie you wanted to watch because of what happened in the car.
"So, what are we watching", you asked.
"Um, you can pick whatever you wanna watch"
"Oh, how about we watch Mr. Idol", you said with a smile on your face. You really didn't want to put anyone in an awkward situation, so you pretended nothing happened and just kept smiling.
"Yeah, I'm not watching that", he said.
"Hey, you said I could pick the movie… I wanna watch", you whined.
"When did you start whining?" he smiled at you.
"I wanna watch!" you threw a tantrum, with everyone's eyes on you.
"Okay, we'll watch,.. wow" he rolls his eyes.
He bought the tickets and both of you went into the theater.
"What seat do you want to sit in", he asked.
"I wanna sit at the back", you said with a smile.

 

 

You didn't notice that Woohyun had been watching your every move. He knows exactly how he feels about you, but he couldn't have you.
"So what is the movie about?" he asked after breaking his concentration from you.
"It's about Korean idols"
"Obviously it's about idols, if you don't know, say you don't know", he said defensively.
"Um, I was joking...are you okay, you've been acting weird since we got to the theater?"
"You are the one acting weird, you know what, never mind" he scratched his head aggressively.
"Did I do something wrong?"
He turned to you, and he saw the sincerity in your eyes and felt guilty about the way he's being treating you.
"Sorry, it's not your fault, something bad happened at work...sorry for taking it out on you", he lied.
"Oh, ok. Well, I hope you solve it" He had to stop himself from acting agressively, there was no other way to take out his frustration; he loves you too much, it hurts.

Soon the movie started...

During the movie, Woohyun kept staring at you, he needed to keep himself occupied because the movie seemed boring to him. He noticed every time you laughed, every time you smiled, every time you blinked. Time slowed down; there were no noise from the movie overlapping the sound of your laugh. A smile unknowingly formed on his face, with a tear blocking his vision of seeing you. *Why can't I have you,* he thought.
He heard his name in echoes, without knowing where they were coming from. He finally snapped out of his day dreaming. He saw you waving your hands uncontrollably in front of him.

"WooHyun, are you okay" you asked. "The movie is over... Are you crying?"
"Uh... What?"
"You're crying... are you sure you're okay", you asked as you searched for any clue that you might get from his expression.
"Uh...sure..yeah I'm okay". He looked around the theater. "When did everyone leave?"
"The movie ended a long time ago"
"Sorry I didn't know" "Let's go, I need to talk to you in a quiet place"
"Oookay", you weren't sure what to make of the situation.
He took you to a karaoke place, both of you stood in front of the karaoke place while staring at the board sign.
"Um, you took me to a karaoke place, how is this place quiet", you asked
"Let's just go in"
WooHyun escorted you to the room for just the two of you, he left later to get drinks for both of you.
You sat there wondering what he wanted to talk to you about; you weren't sure if you should be nervous or not.
Your thoughts were disturbed when WooHyun came back into the room. "Here's your drink", he said.
"Thank you. So what did you wanna talk about?" you asked.

“Do you wanna sing first?” he asked

“Uh…I don’t sing in front of people”

“Okay, I’ll just get straight to the point.” He said. “You haven’t forgotten that some people are tracking you down, right?” he asked seriously.

“No, I didn’t forget…did you catch some of them yet?”

“Um…not yet. That’s why I wanna talk to you.” He said, while rubbing the back of his neck nervously. “I’m thinking of leaving Seoul”

He wanted to leave you, his sadness of not being with you was eating him up alive; he needed to stay away from you, that’s the only way he could help himself focus with his work and catch your attackers.

“What..why, you can’t leave me here with ual molesters”.

He ignored what you were saying and kept talking about his main focus. “When is your fiancé going to be back…the person that is going to be watching you won’t be with you 24/7, so you need your fiancé with you.”

You gulped… You didn’t want him to leave, even if you were denying your feelings for him, you still wanted him next to you. You didn’t want some dude from his work to stalk you every time; you’d rather have WooHyun as your stalker.

After mucy thought...“I don’t have a fiancé”, you confessed.

“I’m sorry, what”.

“My fiancé isn’t coming back” you lied again.

“Why…is he stuck ...in wherever he is for work?” he said, with a glint of hope in his eyes.

“He cheated on me, and I broke up with him”

“When did this happen?”

“Uh…a long time ago”, you looked at him to see his reaction, you swore you could see the corners of his mouth expanding with gladness.

He turned away from you; he smiled with the assurance of not leaving you ever.

“Are you smiling” you said with a smile on your face. He pretended not to smile as his face scrunched back to the position it was.

“Nope” he said as he got his stance back

“Are you relieved I don’t have a fiancé”, you said while touching his knee. *Why did I do that*, you thought.

He immediately felt a jolt of electricity in his body, and you still did not stop touching his knees; your body needed to be in the mood, even if your head was not communicating with your hands.


“You’re smiling a lot, are you sure you’re not happy” you teased.

“Well…ok, I’m happy. Now let’s sing” he looked away from you slightly blushing from the heated situation. He turned his attention back on the karaoke screen.

“I already told you, I don’t sing in front of people”, you said.

“I’m not people, I’m Woo-Hyun” he enunciated

You laughed while placing your hand on his head and brushing his hair with your fingers. “What am I going to do with you?” you said.

“Nothing”, he said as he took your hand off his head, while he began playing with your fingers unknowingly as he looked at you as if you were radiating like sunshine. It took him 30 seconds for him to think of what to say.

“So, are you okay now…you know, the whole break up?”

“I’m fine, thanks”. You two hadn’t stop staring at each other, and Woohyun on the other hand hadn’t stopped playing with your fingers. He couldn’t control himself near you; he felt like he needed to come near you. You saw him moving in on you, instead of thinking of ways to get out; all you could think was how perfect his lips were. *Is he hypnotizing me?* you thought. Woohyun stopped playing with your fingers and intertwined his fingers with yours instead. You closed your eyes; you didn't know what to do as you waited for what's going to happen next.  You felt Woohyun’s nose on top of yours. You opened your eyes and saw his eyes looking directly at you. Soon after, you felt his lips on yours as his left hand began to caress your neck. You felt like your heart had opened up; you’d never had this feeling before, you began to feel less tense as you relaxed yourself. He would move his head from side to side slowly as his nose would lightly hit yours; this was your first kiss and you didn't know what to do. You had never felt like you needed to kiss him, but the way he was kissing you made you forget about the horrible things that happened to you; just the right person for you.

He wanted you to feel comfortable, he made you lean toward the chair you were sitting on, so that the cushion can support your back. While kissing you, he turned his head so that you can have room to breathe. During the time he was kissing you, he never once closed his eyes. He really wanted to see and feel your emotions with the way you were kissing him. While both of you were kissing, you felt him smiling on your lips; you opened your eyes and reality hit you. You were kissing your friend, the detective. You kissed someone you weren't dating; you felt great, you liked how relaxed you were with him, how your heart just felt at ease whenever he nudged your lips with his,  but you began to remember your past, and you quickly separated your lips from his.

“So…that was…umm” you stuttered feeling the temperature rise as you began to fan yourself with your fingers.

“That was great”, he helped you complete your sentence.

You took your hand away from WooHyun when you noticed you were still linking fingers with him. He kept smiling to himself, while you were thinking of how this was awkward for you.

“So… when are you leaving Seoul?” you asked while smiling at him, and you also wanted to break the awkward silence.

“Oh, crap”, he said out loud. *Crap, I’ve already resigned*

___________________________________________________________________________________________

A/N: *Reminder*: I already said I would not write that would make me uncomfortable, so don't expect much.