New Character Alert!~Chapter 9

Drunk when I met you, ~

FLASHBACK.

 

 

You were inside the Principal’s office with these bastards’ mother. You were facing them while sitting comfortably at the comfy chair of the Principal. These women were glaring at you and studying you from head to toe with disgust probably because you were sitting like a boss in a familiar place, of course. These women were sitting across you with their stupid sons. You noticed them glaring but you just looked at them straight in their eyes. Your eyes showed emptiness. The Principal could feel the peculiar aura surrounding your bodies but these dimwits were showing fears. You scoffed. The Principal looked at you questionably but you just shrugged in reply. “Ehem...Where’s your parents or guardian, Soo Min?” The Principal asked. How can she ask those things when she already knew the answer? Yeah, You were sent to this office gazillion times. You looked at her. “Ask these gays because they just told my face what reality means.” You put your gaze at them with arms crossed. They averted your gaze which made you chuckle silently but evilly. But, of course, their freaking Mothers gave me their scary death glares. “How dare you call my son a gay!?” Chanyeol’s Mom pointed at me.

 

 

You shrugged. “I knew you’d be annoyed.”

 

 

She clenched her fist, ready to blurt more things but she was cut off by Mrs. Choi, our Principal. Did I forget to tell you that? How silly. “Ms. Kim, show some respect!” She yelled. You raised a brow and studied their Moms from head to toe. “Kim Soo Min, stop this, please. Just tell us where your Father is.”

 

 

You looked at her. “He’s in hell, probably.” They gasped. Mrs. Choi stood up from her chair and slammed her desk. She must be really angry with your behaviour. “How dare you say that!?”

 

 

“She lacks respect. She even hurt my Baekkie. How violent!” Mrs. Byun said.

 

 

You laughed at her statement. Wait. Not her statement but the way she calls the brat. “You call your son Baekkie!?” You laughed harder. You took a glimpse of Byun Baekhyun and his face was in crimson because of embarrassment. “Haha. Now look at the bully, his face is red because of embarrassment. How does it feel, huh?” You crossed your arms. He looked at you and you can sense that he’s angry. “Don’t listen to him, Baekkie.” His Mom blurted again. You laughed even harder. You saw Chanyeol preventing his face from laughing. “MOM!” Baekhyun yelled.

 

 

“STOP!” Mrs. Choi shouted. Your face quickly turned to a blank one. The all blinked several times because of your sudden mood changes. You acted like nothing happened with both your arms and legs crossed. Mrs. Choi sighed. “Will he come or not?”

 

 

“He won’t.” You replied.

 

 

Mrs. Choi’s face went nearer. “Will he come...or not, Ms. Kim?” She asked again. You looked at her straight in the eyes which made jumped a little. You can feel holes burning at your back because you can feel the stares of these es across you.

 

 

“He won’t come, trust me.” You simply replied.

 

 

Mrs. Choi went back to her seat. She sighed again. “Since you father is not here, I guess I’ll have to lessen both of your punishments.” She said while looking at us, the students here. The Moms were about to interrupt when Mrs. Choi raised their hand to halt them. “But...I have to hear both of your reasons on why you have to show violence in the campus.” She added.

 

 

They all looked at you. You raised your brow. “What?” You were listening but you don’t know why they looked at you. “L-Ladies f-first.” Chanyeol stuttered. You faked a cough. “I don’t follow that rule. Guilty first. That’s what I follow so...you first.” You said, coldly. You gave them an I-won’t-give-up look. Mrs. Choi sighed and gave Chanyeol the permission to start. “We... we...um...t-talk to Kyungsoo.” He said. You didn’t speak because you knew he was lying. You allowed him to finish first. “That’s all.” He added.

 

 

You scoffed at his answer. “See? My son didn’t do anything wrong!” Mrs. Park yelled, proudly. Mrs. Choi asked Baekhyun next. She looked at you with disappointment. “W-What Chanyeol s-s-said.” He simply replied.

 

 

“You should expel this deceitful brat!” Mrs. Byun yelled, pointing at you. You looked at her. You pointed at yourself. “Me? They should expel me?” You asked, annoyed. She nodded. How stupid. That’s a rhetorical question for you. Mrs. Choi put her gaze at you. “Explain your side now, Soo Min. Or I’ll force your Father to go here and—“ She was interrupted when the door abruptly open revealing you Dad. They all gasped except for you instead you furrowed your brows. He was wearing those same old tuxedos or whatever. Mrs. Choi looked at you with disbelief. “W-What’s the meaning of this? I thought you said he wouldn’t come.”

 

 

“Yeah. I thought he wouldn’t come because he never comes, he never appears, he never shows up. Even I’m wondering why the hell is he here right now in front of me with those ing suits he always wear even at home so don’t ask me what’s the meaning of this because even I don’t know.” You answered straight, looking at your father from head to toe with disgust all over your face. “You really are DECEITFUL!” Mrs. Byun yelled. Your Dad took the seat beside you. He faced Mrs. Byun. “My daughter’s not deceitful.” He said, coldly. You don’t understand why he needs to protect you. “Why are you even here anyway?” He asked you while examining the office. Your fist clenched. “I should be the one asking you that. Why are you even here anyway? Who told you I was here?” Mrs. Choi cleared . “She’s here because of her violence and brutality against her schoolmates.” She replied, answering your Father’s question. “She was also sent here 4 times last school year...in just a month.” Your Dad looked at you with disbelief. “See? Your daughter is nothing but a no good student in this school.” Mrs. Park blurted. Mrs. Choi raised her hand again. She rubbed her temples and sighed. “Let’s hear her first, please. I already talked to her the last time and she followed my advice so I’m sure that she has a reason for doing this...again. So what’s your reason, Ms. Kim Soo Min?” She touched your shoulders gently.

 

 

“They were bullying a boy named Do Kyungsoo, the one in class B. Park Chanyeol stepped on his hand too or is it Baekkie? Can’t remember. So I just help the boy.” You simply responded.

 

 

“With violence?” Mrs. Park asked, crossing her arms.

 

 

“Yeah. You saw your son’s bruises right?” You smirked.

 

 

“You could just tell them to stop.” Mrs. Byun protested.

 

 

You sighed. You rubbed your temple, trying to calm yourself. Anytime now, seriously, you will burst. These people are pain in your freakin’ . You should be at home now, enjoying yourself with video games. “Do you really think they will listen to me if I tell them to stop? No. Your sons will just laugh at me or probably bully me too with their words. May I just add that they told me that I’m like that Kyungsoo guy who doesn’t have a comforting Mom and a not-very-busy-with-his-work Dad. Yeah. They slapped that in my face that made me do those things to them.” You said it clearly and fast, take note of that. Their jaws dropped while these aliens’ eyes were wide-open.

 

 

They should be happy that their sons only receive that kind of punishment from you. They could have been in the hospital, probably in coma, if they pissed you off that much. Please remember that you’re strong. REALLY STRONG. You don’t know where your strength came from. Now, these guys can’t even utter a word until Mrs. Choi cleared . “I…think they should both receive punishments.” She stated. “Both sides did something that is against the rules and regulations of the school. Mr. Byun and Mr. Park bullied another student while Ms. Kim used violence against her fellow students.” She continued. “So… I want you three to do community service tomorrow and suspended for two days.” She said. The parents don’t look satisfied, even your Dad, but they agreed in the end. On the thought that Ms. Choi was finished talking you all stood up from your seats to say your goodbyes but Ms. Choi spoke, “But Ms. Kim should have an extension. She will have a suspension for three days.” She added. You looked at Ms. Choi in disbelief but she just gazed at you with disappointment. “You promised me before that you will never be sent in my office again but yet you are here. And you even lied to me that your Dad won’t come but yet he is here. When you come back to classes after your suspension you’re going to have a meeting with the guidance counsellor to talk about your extreme behaviour. That is all. Please go home safely and goodbye.” She stood up from her sit the bowed lightly. You were left there standing, bewildered. The parents of these boys exited the room too, together with them, of course.

 

 

Great. Now you have a week of boredom. Your Dad sighed. “I’m sorry I didn’t have the time to fight for you.” He apologized. You ignored him and exited the room. You two were walking in the hallway with an awkward silence surrounding you. You can feel your Dad’s aura following you. You halted, abruptly. “Why did you come here anyway? You didn’t have to fight for me either. How’d you know I was sent there? Who told you?” You asked. Questions were surrounding your mind.

 

 

You continued walking until you reached the parking lot. “Xiumin told me.”

 

 

You froze. Your best friend told your Dad. He. Just. Told. Your. Dad. The one you trust the most in these situations betrayed you. Nice betrayal. Then you saw him there, his body was leaned on your car while playing something in his phone. You ran to him. You quickly grabbed his collar, making him dropped his phone in surprise. “Why did you tell him!?” You asked, angrily. Oh. Yeah, it's him. He knew what your talking about.

 

 

“I-I just…I-I….y-you n-need s-someone t-there.” He stuttered.

 

 

You furiously tightened your grip on his collar. “That doesn’t mean you tell my Dad!” Your Dad removed your grip from Xiumin. He touched his neck as he coughed. “I’m disappointed in you, Soo Min! You were already sent to the office because of violence and now, you’re going to use it just because your friend is concerned!? I’m disappointed in you!” He yelled.

 

 

--

 

 

You just finished taking a bath. You quickly changed your clothes with a black long shirt and shorts. You grabbed a beer and drank it. You laid yourself on your bed, not knowing what to do. Remembering your past is like suicide for you. But you can’t help it. You finished your drink and grabbed another one. Your phone vibrated. You sat up and took it from the table.

 

 

Xiumin.

 

 

You opened the message.

 

From: Xiumin[2:12pm]

So, what’s its name?

 

Your brows furrowed. Name? Who? He’s an idiot, alright. You quickly typed and texted back.

 

To: Xiumin[2:14pm]

Are you an idiot? Is this a wrong send?

 

 

You threw your phone beside. Now is not the time for pranks and stuff simply, because you’re not in the mood. Your phone vibrated again.

 

 

From: Xiumin[2:16pm]

Silly. The bear that I gave you. You should name it. I named the bear that you gave me, MinMin.

 

 

Your eyebrow furrowed more but you smiled at his childish attitudes.

 

 

To: Xiumin[2:17pm]

Why do I have to name it, dumdum?

 

From: Xiumin[2:18pm]

Just do it for me, please? *puppy eyes*

 

 

You chuckled then quickly replied.

 

 

To: Xiumin[2:18pm]

Fine.

 

You thought of the name that will suit it. Xiumin gave it so probably the name’s after him. But you can’t name it Xiumin or Kim ing Minseok. It’s lame. But you not into endearments too…but you thought it would work. This is the first time that you will name someone or something with such a name.

 

 

From: Xiumin[2:21pm]

What’s the name? Tell me. I’m curious.

 

 

You hesitated but you replied.

 

To: Xiumin[2:23pm]

Minseokkie.

 

. This is embarrassing. You thought. Your fingers were fidgeting on your phone. You were biting your bottom lip. You don’t know really know the reason why you were acting this way. You don’t even know the reason why you FEEL this way. Maybe because you don’t really say endearments and stuff because it makes you puke, like literally or maybe because you feel different when it comes to him. You brushed those filthy thoughts and just waited for his reply. That’s weird. You usually throw your phone and don’t reply on stupid messages from your friends.

 

 

From: Stupid Jongin[2:25pm]

My is ier than you, mister! :P

 

 

Yeah. This is an example.

 

 

From: Stupid Jongin[2:26pm]

Sorry, wrong send.

 

 

This guy is…so stupid, seriously. You let him pass this time. ONLY THIS TIME. Well, actually, this is the first time that you will let one of your friends pass a severe punishment from their stupidity. You’re not in the mood, you know. You’re waiting for Xiumin’s reply. Wait. Why on the friggin’ of Jongin are you waiting for his reply? You’re really weird this time. You threw your phone beside you. You laid down, staring at the ceiling. You glanced at your phone. There’s still no reply. Maybe he’s just taking a bath or…eating. You quickly sat up, ruffling your hair furiously in frustration. Why were you even thinking so much? Then your phone vibrated. You swiftly snatched it and crawled at the corner of you queen-sized bed, resting your back on the headboard. You read his message.

 

--

 

 

From: Soo Min<3[2:23pm]

Minseokkie.

 

Wait a second. Did she just texted me an endearment? Xiumin thought. He rolled on the other side of his bed. He doesn’t know what to answer. Yay? Cute? Why Minseokkie? Great. Now his mind will explode. He rolled again on the other side. He’s looking at the screen of his phone, still not knowing how to answer back. You just named a bear after his name, who wouldn’t be surprise?

 

 

What should I say? He thought. He tried to roll again but this time, he fell on the floor. “Ouch~” He groaned, rubbing his . He took a glimpse of MinMin. He smiled. The name suits it, of course. He went near it and brought it his bed. He’s now having a staring contest with a non-living thing. How idiotic. The name’s nice. He named it after you.

 

 

Finally, he replied.

 

--

 

 

From: Xiumin[2:30pm]

That’s a pretty name.

 

 

Thud. Thud. Thud.

 

 

Why is it beating like this? It's not like he said something sweet, right? You thought, touching your left chest. He just replied ‘That’s a pretty name’ and now you’re like this? You can call yourself crazy. You stood up and get another bottle of beer. You sat at corner of your bed, drinking the soju in one shot. You glanced at your phone again.

 

 

To: Xiumin[2:33pm]

Yeah. Thanks. Well, I’m smart, after all.

 

 

Stupid Soo Min. Why’d you text that? Boasting stuffs like this? Nice thinking eh? You slapped yourself hard in the face. Wow, you’re ridiculous. You groaned in pain. You took another glass and drank it. You decided to play a video game, Grand Theft Auto. You the flat screen TV. You finished your bottle and placed it back in the box. Wow, trying to be clean this time? That’s a miracle. You phone vibrated again.

 

 

From: Xiumin[2:40pm]

 Hey~~I’m smart too. You’re just smarter than me, that’s all.

 

 

You laughed at the message. You quickly replied.

 

To: Xiumin[2:41pm]

Yeah. Good you know.

 

 

After you replied, you remembered that you’re playing a game. So you decided to shut him off now. You know that he won’t stop texting until you tell him so.

 

 

To: Xiumin[2:41pm]

Oh, I’m playing a game right now. Don’t disturb me. I’m going to be busy now.

 

 

You’re satisfied now. You turned off your phone and placed it beside you then started the game. You fished another bottle and drank it in one shot. You continued playing for hours now. You also finished half of the beers in the box. Your eyes were getting drowsy but you stayed awake. You looked at the time.

 

 

11:58pm

 

 

You grabbed another bottle. You continued playing even if it’s already late. You even skipped dinner because you don’t want to and your Dad will join you. You scoffed at the thought. You drank the bottle, finishing it in one shot.

 

 

At last, you paused the game. You went straight to the bathroom to pee. You caught a glimpse of your miserable self. Your eyeliner worn-out, your hair’s a complete mess and your eyes’ reddish. When will I stop being so miserable? When will I forgive my Dad? When will I open myself to others again? You thought. Realizing what you’re thinking, you shook your head and went out. You grabbed a bottle and drank half of it. You gazed at your turned-off phone. You swiftly grabbed it and opened it. You finished your bottle and grabbed another one. You drank it in half again.

 

 

You saw messages. You opened and read them one by one.

 

 

From: Xiumin[8:56pm]

Good night, please sleep well. ^-^

 

From: Xiumin[9:10pm]

Can’t sleep. Talk to me, please??

 

From: Xiumin[9:12pm]

Oh ! I’m sorry! I forgot you’re playing. Sorry for disturbing. Don’t kill me. I’ll stop now.

 

 

You chuckled at his cuteness. Wait, what? You removed those thoughts. It’s, actually, polluting your brain. Oh, I forgot. Your brain’s already polluted. There's another message but you didn't read it because it's just a number. You don't read messages from strangers. You threw your phone and finished the bottle. You stood up to fish another bottle. You’re getting tipsy now. You halted for a second, trying to remember how many bottles have you drank. Well, you don’t know. You lost count. You grabbed a soju and drank in one shot. Soon, Gravity occurred. Your body fell exactly on your really expensive queen-sized bed. Your eyes were heavy until it finally closed.

--

 

You woke up from your sleep. Your head really hurts. Well, of course it will. You got drunk last night, stupid. You glanced at the clock.

 

 

10:23am

 

 

You groaned. For you, it’s too early. You slept late last night, just to remind you. You sat up from your bed. You’re having a headache as you tried to look around. You ruffled your hair, yawning. Your room’s a mess. That’s normal. The video game console just scattered on the ground. The box of soju was wide-open, almost empty. The bottles of soju scattered everywhere. Your clothes, of course, scattered too. You didn’t mind the mess but instead you went straight to the bathroom. It’s hard because you’re having a hangover. You washed your face.

 

You yawned as you went out of your skull-painted room. You grabbed the railings of the stairs for support and with that, you spotted something. Listen to me when I say this, you spotted something or some things and the other one’s talking to your Dad. You rubbed your eyes and saw…2 suitcases and one large body bag. You groaned in annoyance, ruffling your hair. Great, just great. You’re having a hangover right now and this is the first thing that you will see once you want to have a peaceful brunch (breakfast and lunch) in the freakin’ morning. 10am is still considered morning right? You were spotted and that annoying thing waved at you cheerfully. You ignored her mood. You gave her a cold stare instead. Well, it’s a FAKE cold stare I mean. You were really happy to see this thing and you’re just good at hiding it.

 

“Now, what are you doing here?” You answered, coldly.

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Author's Note: Guys, I'm really sorry for the late update. You see I have reasons. Don't blame me, blame my school. To all students out there, you know what I feel, right? I have a project, assignments and other stuffs to finish. I'm really sorry. My friend told me to update a long chapter. I don't know if it's long enough but I hope it's okay. Hooo! Stress! My friend's also a writer here in aff. Her story's cool, like seriously. I just want to share. I really don't know if I should support Baekhyun and Taeyeon but I'm hurt, that's all.

Please comment, subscribe or upvote! ^-^ Thanks, really. You can promote my story to other exostans. Saranghae~Ajujuju!