Don't Look At Me With That Angelic Face ~A Daehyun Love Story~ Chapter 3

Don't Look At Me With That Angelic Face ~A Daehyun Love Story~

Chapter 3

I bolted upright in my bed as I caught my breath, knowing that my alarm would go off in five minutes. What in the world was that dream about? It felt like I was in a sci-fi movie! But Daehyun, why was he there? Along with his gang? Oh well, it was just a dream; nothing special. Sighing and shaking my head to clear it out, I got up and got ready for the day. I knew that my parents weren’t home because of their new schedules, but I guess that I’ll see them when I get home, and this time I’m taking the bus! After my shower and getting dressed, I was ready for the day! Looking in the mirror in my room, I straightened out my wrinkles in my skirt and that’s when I saw it; that ugly cut from last night. I furrowed my brows and tried to cover it, but it wouldn’t do.

“I guess make up will have to do!” I sighed as I turned around, but then I had a mini heart attack when I saw a black bunny sitting in my window sill. But it wasn’t normal type of bunny; it was black with white lines going around it like a basketball. Its ears were big and long and the body, with the back towards me, was like one of a cat. The bunny was around two feet tall. “Uh…hey there bunny, how did you get up here?”

I somehow scared it when it turned around showing its face. It had a white mask on, reminding me of a man’s suit with the nose looking like a bow-tie. The eyes were white, which you would think make anything look scary, but in this case it didn’t; it looked cute, with a scared look on its face. As I took a step forward, it turned around and jumped two stories down. I ran over to the window and looked down and I saw it running into the bushes on…two legs?!

“What in the world?” I whispered to myself. “What kind of bunny was that?! And how did it get up here?”

The tone of my phone got me out my thoughts as it was Emily texting me.

Hurry up! You only have 10 minutes!

Well, looks like no time to cover my cut up! I grabbed my phone and backpack as I made my way out of my house, locking it up, and I ran to school to see Emily waiting outside of the gate, her face full of worry.

“Five minutes to spare! I thought you never show up!” She explained as I caught my breath from running and making our way inside to my locker. “What happened to your leg?! Were you ok last night going home?”

I got several textbooks out of my locker as I breathed out a sigh. I knew that I shouldn’t have wasted time on that bunny-creature.

“I’ll tell you at lunch, ok?” I said as the bell rang.

Emily nodded as we separated to our first period classes. As I entered Mrs. Thomas’ classroom, I noticed that Daehyun wasn’t there. Maybe he was late?

“Alright students, settle down! I’m sure that you all are ready for Labor Day weekend to start tomorrow, but now we have to listen to announcements.” Mrs. Thomas smiled as she noticed me, still standing at the entrance starring at Daehyun’s empty seat. “Ah, Kelly, welcome back! It’s always nice to see a new student on their second day, that’s a good sign.”

“Yeah, I guess it is.” I fake smiled as I made my way to my seat. Putting my backpack near my feet and my textbook on my desk, I felt something poke my shoulder. Looking behind me, I saw that the student sitting behind me was passing a note. I took it in my hand and he nodded towards me. I opened it up and noticed that it was addressed towards me, although it didn’t have my name on it.

            You idiot. You should’ve known better.

I furrowed my brow trying to think who wrote this. Once the announcements came on, I turned around to the boy and he was looking out of the window.

“Did you write that?” I asked.

“No, I found it on your desk when I came in.” He answered not looking at me. “But I agree. You shouldn’t have provoked him yesterday. No one has ever done that.”

“So, this is from Daehyun?” I asked.

“It’s a slim chance, he’s not here today.” He answered again. “It’s like he’s pulling an ‘Edward Cullen’.”

“Justin! I believe announcements are over, would you please listen to our lesson?” Mrs. Thomas asked in the most polite way she could.

Turning around, I folded the note and tucked it in my pocket. I will tell Emily about this at lunch and maybe my encounter this morning. A shiver went down my spine as I thought about last night. That guy who saved me…I never got his name. But what he did was unexplainable.

“The answer’s right in front of you!”

I widened my eyes as the dream came back into my mind. What did Daehyun mean by that? He was talking about a war and a man, but there’s no pieces putting them together. Shaking my head, I let those thoughts go and I paid attention to my classes. Until lunch time, I will tell Emily about this.

“Ah, pizza today! Oh, why do I say that? It’s always going to be pizza on Friday!” Emily stated as we made our way to the far end table next to the last window in the dinning room. “So are we going to talk about why you were late this morning and how you got that nasty cut on your leg?”

“Promise not to tell anyone, ok?” I asked sitting down. “Last night, I ran into a couple of guys, they were drunk and possibly high, and they…well… I bad mouthed them when I passed them after they tried to make me party with them. I never knew I was going to get attacked.”

“YOU WHAT?! Kelly! You should’ve gone to the police!” Emily yelled.

“Emily!” I hissed trying to keep her voice down. “I didn’t go to the police only because…I got saved.”

“Saved? By who? Ah, that sounds so romantic! Was he cute?” She asked.

“I don’t know by who…he had a face mask on, but his eyes… He was pissed, I can tell you that. But what he did to them was unexplainable. Invisible force, mind games, Emily, I don’t know what I witnessed that night.” I explained.

“Well, why didn’t you text me last night?” She sounded sad.

“I’m sorry, I just needed to sleep after that. It didn’t help that my leg got cut and my skirt from yesterday needs stitching.” Apologizing to Emily. “And then this morning, even more weird stuff happened. There was a big bunny sitting on my windowsill, but Emily, this bunny or whatever it was, was huge! It was about two feet tall, the ears as big as its body; black fur with white lines going around it and not to mention the white eyes and face mask it wore.”

By now Emily was looking at me in a scared way. That’s it; I think she thinks I’m crazy.

“Ok, Kelly, you are my new friend, and I think if anyone else heard that, I think they would agree with me that that is crazy.” Emily said telling the truth.

“I know that it sounds crazy, but I saw it! And then it jumped and ran away on two legs!” I explained. “Anyway, and someone gave me this note this morning.”

I took out the note that I got handed this morning and handed it to Emily. Opening it, she examined it and frowned.

“What does this mean? Do you know who it’s from?” She asked handing me back the note.

“I have a hunch it’s Daehyun, but he wasn’t here today.” I explained taking the note and folding it back up. “And the guy said he found it on my desk this morning when he came into the room.”

“Hm, it could’ve been him, but since Daehyun’s not here, that’s just weird. But the rest of his gang is here today, Jongup was in my history class earlier today.” Emily stated. “You don’t think that he was the one that saved you, do you?”

“Why would he save me? I provoked him yesterday, if anything, he might’ve been the one to send those boys after me last night.” I sighed. “But those eyes…I’ve never seen anyone so pissed off before.”

“Well whoever it was, you should find him and thank him.” She said.

If it was Daehyun that saved me last night, I didn’t distinguish him, but I recognized him so easily in my dream? Maybe it was because it was dark? But that makes no sense because I recognized him in the dark in my dream.

“Ok, this might sound crazy, but whenever I see him next, I’m going to thank him. Whether he likes it or not.” I decided.

“You really are crazy. First you provoked him, now you’re going to say thank you. You are brave.” Emily confirmed.