Don't Look At Me With That Angelic Face ~A Daehyun Love Story~ Chapter 6

Don't Look At Me With That Angelic Face ~A Daehyun Love Story~

Chapter 6

“What in the world?” Mrs. Thomas asked as she got up and looked around at the mess. “Kelly, Emily, did you…”

“Mrs. Thomas, we can explain!” I said quickly, but as the other teachers got up, they glared at us shaking their heads in disappointment.

“I can’t believe you two did this!” Mrs. Evans yelled.

“We didn’t do this! We found it like this!” Emily explained.

“That’s what they all say,” Mrs. Thomas said.

Since when did they get like this?! Especially Mrs. Thomas, she was so nice, I thought that she would trust us!

“Detention for the both of you!” Mr. Smith, our principal announced. “After Labor day weekend, you two are to have detention every day after school for the whole week.”

“But, like I said, we didn’t do it!” I tried not to raise my voice at the teachers. “Even check the cameras!”

“The cameras were off, remember?” Emily whispered to me reminding me.

As the teachers were lecturing us, I could see the doors in the entrance from the office door and walking outside were Daehyun and his gang. Rage boiled up inside me as I exit the office, teachers yelling for me to come back, but I choose to ignore them. I need to know what was going on.

“Uh, excuse us, we uh, accept the detention and we’re sorry!” I heard Emily say as she followed me out. I understand why she said that we accept the detentions, only to not get into more trouble.

“Hey!” I yelled to them as they stopped and turned around.

“What do you want this time?” Daehyun asked.

“What the hell did you guys do?!” I yelled.

“I have no idea what you’re talking about.” He answered. “We were out here for most of the time.”

“Oh no, don’t lie again, we saw you go inside the building!” I told them.

Oh, and what does that prove?” Daehyun smirked. “That we went inside the building?”

“What did you do to the teachers? And what do you want with Mr. Scott?” I asked all of a sudden.

Daehyun looked like he was irritated, again, why am I not surprised?

“As I thought, no answer, which obviously means something,” I said as I started to walk closer. Daehyun’s lowered eyes were locked on me as I express rage on my face. “What did you do to those teachers?!”

The next thing I did was really surprising to me as I raised my hand and I slapped him across the face. I was sick and tired of his attitude. The boys behind him started to shuffle around coming towards me, but Daehyun raised his arm, making them stop.

“That was the wrong choice,” He whispered as he started to raise his hand.

“Daehyun,” a boy with blonde hair, bangs parted on the left side, said stopping Daehyun’s hand, “Let’s just go, they aren’t worth our time.”

Daehyun looked at Youngjae and glared at him, making it look like they were talking to each other with no words. Youngjae lowered his eyes and it made it look like his grip on Daehyun’s hand tightened, like he was angry.

“Ok, I have no idea what’s going on between your group and my friend, but, I would like answers as well,” Emily said blushing towards Youngjae. “We saw a-”

“Emily!” I exclaimed as I covered up .

“You saw what?” A deep voiced boy with blueish-purple hair ask, who I’m guessing was the leader.

“Nothing!” I yelled at them giving a glare. “Emily, let’s just go home, it’s late. Besides, we have more things to worry about, like our detention next week for something that wasn’t our fault!”

I grabbed Emily’s arm and dragged her back to her parked car, bumping Daehyun in the shoulder. But then Daehyun grabbed my shoulder making me stop in my tracks and he came close to my ear, my cheeks starting to flush.

“You have some toughness in you girl, let’s see how you use it,” Daehyun whispered the repeated  words that one of the thugs told me that night.

My eyes widened at what he just said and once he let go of my shoulder, I started to walk faster to Emily’s car.

“What was that?” Emily asked as she started up her car and started to drive us to our houses.

“Daehyun, he…he whispered what one of the thugs told me that night.” I answered.

“So you were right!” Emily exclaimed as she stopped in front of my house.

“I guess, but we need more answers. Too bad we won’t see them until after Labor day weekend.” I frowned as I gathered up my stuff and opened up the car door. “I’ll see you Tuesday!”

Emily honked her horn as I entered my house, my mom and dad were in the living room watching the news on TV.

“Kelly! You’re home!” My mom said as she got up and hugged me. “What happened to your leg?”

“Oh, that, I uh, fell down yesterday,” I lied.

“Well thankfully you cleaned it up, your father and I have news to share.” My mom said as I put down my backpack and sat down on the couch next to my dad. He side hugged me as I laid my head on his shoulder and hugged him back.

“What’s the news, dad?” I asked as I sat back up.

“Hun, you are going to be alone at the house for the next three days. Your mother and I got a Labor day weekend job opportunity that will help us with our business.” Dad explained.

“Oh, well it’s not like I haven’t been at home alone before.” I sighed.

“We’re sorry that we can’t spend time with you this weekend, I know that we always have plans and do activities during this week.” Mom apologized.

“It’s ok, I guess that I do have some other important stuff that I have to focus on.” I smiled, but then it went away when I saw the little bunny creature looking in through the window, although it was dark outside, I could see it pretty well. The. Same. Bunny. “I’ll be right back; I’m going outside for a bit.”

I ran to the door as I noticed the bunny hop down from the ledge it was hanging to and running down. It wasn’t going to get away this time, wait, that’s what I thought last time. It was fast, but I pushed myself, moving my feet faster and faster, although the uniform shoes weren’t the best shoes to really run in, I caught up to the bunny and I grabbed it’s sides, picking it up. It didn’t get very far, just at the edge of my house.

“Got you!” I smiled as it was flapping its arms and legs around making little squeaky noises as I made my way back to my porch. “Nuh uh, you are going to explain to me who you are and- wait…bunnies can’t talk! What am I talking about?!”

That’s when the bunny turned its head and started to the mask, but a voice in the distance made it stop.

“Keke!” A male voice called out as the bunny stopped and jumped from my hands running towards a figure hiding in the shadows. “Go home, NOW!” I knew that voice.

“D-Daehyun?!” I asked anger starting to raise in my voice.

“What gave it away?” He asked as he came out of the shadows.

“Oh, please, you think I wouldn’t know your voice by now?” I questioned him folding my arms.

“Didn’t think I would find you out here…” he paused thinking carefully what he was going to say next. “But I guess that Alice got curious and followed the rabbit down the hole. Now go home before the evil queen chops off your head.”

Daehyun turned around and started to walk off, but I couldn’t take it this time, I needed to know answers, NOW!

“Wait!” I yelled out to him.

“What is it this time? I don’t have all night, you know.” He said turning around, hands deep in his pockets.

“Yeah, and it seemed like you didn’t have all afternoon, either, but you and your gang proved that wrong,” I said back. “But I need answers, like before.”

“No,” He answered as he began to walk away again.

“DAEHYUN!” I yelled.

He stopped just a few feet in front of my porch and turned around, arms folded over his chest.

“You know, I warned you not to get close to me.” He told me.

“Well, after saving me, I had to say thank you, but that’s when everything started to happen! I didn’t mean to get close to you! Don’t you understand?” I explained.

“I understand everything. Good girls are always attracted to bad boys.” He turned around, his brown grayish hair covering a little of his eyes. “You heard about me and my group, why don’t you just listen to them and keep away? Everyone else does.”

“You think you have everything figured out? Look, you saved me, I said my thanks, and then…weird things happened. And they all have to do with you! So why not give me answers?” I asked folding my arms. “Why don’t we just get together, your group and I, and discuss this?”

“You don’t know us… We’re different from you and everyone else. We are capable of things you can’t imagine.” He said turning around and coming towards me with a tone of seriousness in his voice. “We are bad.”

“Then if you’re so bad, how come you saved me?” I questioned making him stop in his tracks. “Would you leave me there if you had the choice?”

Had the choice?” He repeated my words. “What else was I supposed to do? Let those guys get away with what they were going to do to you?!”

“But why me?! I see the way you look at me in the hallways; you seem to always look at everyone with that glare.” I stated. “Not just you, but everyone in your group! It seems like you hate everything that walks.”

He coughed a laugh and looked at the ground folding his arms. “You seem to assume everything, don’t you?”

I took a deep breath and backed up until my back hit the front door. Reaching for the knob, I smiled at him.

“I don’t assume, I observe. And if you didn’t notice that, then think before you speak.” I answered going inside my house and shutting the door on him.