Don't Look At Me With That Angelic Face ~A Daehyun Love Story~ Chapter 2

Don't Look At Me With That Angelic Face ~A Daehyun Love Story~

Chapter 2

“You did what?!” Emily asked as we made our way out of the academy where buses were waiting for students to take home behind the gate.

The rest of the day went alright, although Daehyun wasn’t in anymore classes of mine, nor anyone from his group. Needless to say, he didn’t come back to the classroom until after the bell rang to go to the next period. After five minutes, Mrs. Thomas didn’t even notice that he was gone for that long, so I suggested on finding him, but she didn’t like the idea. She said it would be best to let him go. I wanted to argue, but I decided not to. Once the period was over and just as I was about to leave the room, Daehyun came in to gather his things, bumping me in the shoulder, and it wasn’t one of those side brushes, it was a full on hit on the shoulder. Emily wasn’t in any of my classes except for lunch, where we bonded more and now I think I have a new friend, which is a nice plus for the first day. Lunch was set either in a fancy dining room or in the courtyard/garden, which included several gazebos.

“What? I suggested that I go looking for him, what’s wrong with that?” I asked.

“Everything! Kelly, what did I tell you before? It’d be best to stay away from them. It also doesn’t help that you talked to him. You even provoked him with a question!” Emily stated as we passed the gate and started to walk home on the sidewalk considering both of our houses are near each other surprisingly. “You might be on his hit list, or worse!”

“Are these boys really that bad?” I asked crossing my arms.

“Well, they appeared out of nowhere, not accepting to wear the dress code, and Mr. Scott disappeared when they first came.” Emily explained as she started to kick a rock down the sidewalk.

“And do you know them individually?” I asked making Emily look at me in a weird expression.

“You think I talk to them and know them personally?” She asked me back.

“No! I meant do you know their names and such?” I expanded my question.

Emily was silent for a moment getting into her thinking face, which made us slow down our walk. It was ok if we were walking slowly; it wasn’t like we had any homework to worry about.

“Well, let’s see, you already know Daehyun. He’s…well, he’s usually the quiet type, well all of them are, but he seems like the one that keeps to himself a lot. He was in one of my classes last year and whenever I got paired with him, he wouldn’t say a word to me. Then there’s Zelo, he’s the youngest in the group. But don’t let that fool you. From what I heard he’s a genius! And then there’s Yongguk and Himchan, the two oldest of the group. The reason they’re in our grade is because they started really late, but I doubt that.” Emily explained. “And the last two, Youngjae and Jongup, to be honest, I don’t know much about them.”

“Well, they don’t sound that bad to me.” I shrugged. “Except that they glare at everyone and they seem to hate everyone.”

“But there’s more to their story than just that. We just don’t know what it is yet.” Emily said as she turned to a silver gate and opened it up with a key. “Well, this is my stop, are you going to be ok going home by yourself?”

“Yeah, I’ll be fine; I’m just two blocks away.” I smiled as I said bye to my new friend.

“Right, just be careful, it’s almost night time and between you and I, this place isn’t that safe at night. College kids live around here as well,” Emily warned. “And most of the time they party, especially when it’s the first time back.”

“That was very smart of them to put a college several miles away from the Academy.” I said sarcastically. “But I should be ok, I’ll just hurry home.”

I waved goodbye to Emily as I made my way home. Cars blaring loud rap music drove passed me as well as shouts and wolf calls from inside the car. I rolled my eyes as I sped up my steps. Why did the new school year have to start when it gets darker earlier? That was the difference between my old school and here. I made my way to the crossing in the street. By this time, the sun was down; I’m surprised that my parents didn’t call me yet. Getting out my phone, I text my mom that I was on my way from school. Who knew that it took this long to walk from school? Well, I did walk pretty slowly at the start. On the other side of the road was where the college kids were staying. How can I tell? Cars were lined up filling up the parking spaces and the music wasn’t hard to miss, neither were the people. As I made my way across the street, I noticed that I was on my way of passing by one of the main houses where they were partying at. Students were hanging outside, beers in one of their hands and their phone in the other. Maybe I should’ve taken the bus if I knew this would happen. I quickly took out my phone and pretended that I was talking to someone as I passed by. I could hear a group of boys making wolf howls and making some comments, trying to make me stop and party with them, but I just ignored them and kept walking.

“Come on, girl, just one beer!” I heard one of them say.

“One beer wouldn’t hurt! We can show ya a good time, it’s better than that school crap!” Another one hollered.

Turning around I put the phone to my shoulder, again acting out that I was still on the phone, smirked and shouted back at them.

“Is that why you have very few brain cells?” I said as I went back to my ‘phone conversation’ and walked away from the party hearing laughs from the other students.

I looked back and once I saw that I was out of eyesight, I put my phone away and breathed out a sigh of relief. Just one more street crossing and I’ll be home. Pressing the button to make the symbol ok for me to go, I leaned against the post and sighed thinking of how I’m going to explain to my parents why I’m so late. I don’t know why I pressed the button when there were really no cars crossing the street. Looking both ways, I started to make my way across the street when I suddenly felt arms go around my waist and a hand covering my mouth. I shouted in the person’s hand as I was being taken away to an alley between an old abandoned house and the back of a wall. Getting pressed against the wall, I noticed that it was the same guys that called out to me at the party back at the house. They reeked of alcohol and smoke as one of the guys got out a pocket knife and headed my way.

“It wasn’t a smart move to ignore us like that,” The one who was pressing me against the wall said.

“You’re drunk,” I whispered in his hand.

“Yeah, and the thing is once we’re done, we won’t remember a thing,” he laughed.

I struggled against him, kicking him where the sun don’t shine, he fell forward letting go of me. I ran for the exit, but the guy with the pocket knife grabbed me from behind and threw me up against the wall, the third guy taking the knife away from him. I heard a rip in my skirt as I looked down and he was driving the knife up my skirt, showing more of my leg, cutting some of my skin, I saw a line of blood travel down.

“HE-!” I shouted, but the guy holding me covered my mouth. I looked over to my left and saw that the main guy was on the ground in fetal position. I knew that if I struggled anymore than I did, more cuts will appear.

“Josh, should I wait?” The guy who was holding me ask over to the one lying on the ground. More ripping sounds could be heard from my skirt as I quickly looked down and saw that it was almost ripped to my hip. Moving my head, I got out of his grip and bit his hand hard. He screamed in pain as he moved away from me, but the guy who was ripping my skirt had a tight hold of me on my ankle.

“HELP!” I shouted. The man who was cutting, stopped as the main guy got up, who was named Josh, and stood in front of me.

“You have some toughness in you, girl, I like that,” He smirked evilly. “Let’s see how you use it,”

But before he could do anything, an invisible force made him fly hitting the back fence. We turned our heads to see a figure standing at the entrance, his arm was stretched out towards us.

“Well boys it looks like we have an-” but all I heard next was a punch. The mysterious figure was all of a sudden in front of us, hitting the abuser right in the face. I couldn’t tell who he was because he had a face mask on, but his eyes said it all; he was pissed. The other guy still had a good hold on me, knife ready to do whatever he was willing to do. Josh started to trudge towards where the fighting was, but the figure put his right arm out and a sudden blast of air blasted out of him, hitting Josh in the stomach and making him fly back again, knocking him out this time for sure. My eyes widened in shock, how did he do that?! Just as the other abuser came up from behind him, he held out his left arm and he stopped in his tracks, putting his hands on his head, he screamed in pain and fell to the ground keeping hold of his head. What was going on? Turning towards me and the last abuser, he looked at him and with a single hand motion he rose up from the ground and actually levitated off of the ground a good few inches! I must be dreaming; this isn’t really happening! The figure put a hand somewhere on his neck and he fell to the ground unconscious. Looking around at the unconscious guys on the floor, the mysterious guy took a quick look at me before speeding off. I got a good look at his eyes; they seemed to tell a story.

“Wait!” I said, my voice a little shaken.

He stopped in his tracks, but he didn’t look back nor did he say anything.

“Can I at least know who saved me? And how you did that?” I asked taking several steps forward, but that just made him go away from me as he walked forward as well. Silence fell between us as he finally turned his head. I could see one of his eyes close before he turned his head and started to walk off. Looking at my skirt and bleeding leg, I bolted out of the alleyway before any one of them woke up and finished what they started.

“Mom! Dad! I’m home!” I shouted, but the house seemed unoccupied. It was almost 6 and no one was home. I checked my phone for any messages and I had two from my parents. Apparently my parents stayed at their jobs for a party to celebrate their upgrades. I sighed as I made my way to the bathroom to clean up my knee. And what was I supposed to do about the skirt? Oh well, at least I had multiple uniforms.

“I got to be more careful walking the streets in the dark.” I whispered to myself as I applied oxygen peroxide to the wound. It stung a lot, but at least it’ll get better. As I made my way to my bedroom and got changed into my PJ’s, I completely forgot that I had some homework to do, but thankfully it’s just some stuff that my parents have to sign. I plopped down on my bed and slowly drifted off to sleep.

I was in the middle of a desert, the darkness of night surrounding me. But there was also a military building that seemed to be surrounded by a metal fence to keep outsiders away. Helicopters could be heard from overhead as there were searchlights scanning the area that I was in. As soon as the spotlight got on me, it stayed on me and a siren rang in my ears. People could be heard running towards me, guns getting loaded and ready at any moment. Fear ran over me as I made my way to the fence.

“Don’t let her get away!” A voice said that came from a hidden speaker.

As soon as I got to the fence, a figure was standing near it, his fingers laced around the wires. I knew who that was, even from a distance; Daehyun. His eyes were lowered, but they also seemed to summon me to come forward. Just as that wasn’t enough, he brought his hand up and beckoned me to come towards him. It felt dangerous, but at the same time it felt exciting. As I came closer, the spotlight still on me, what I saw behind him was a giant aircraft buried into the ground and standing next to it were the five other boys.

“We only have one chance.” Daehyun whispered.

“What do you mean?” I asked.

“He won’t stop until he’s won. He will want a war.” He tried to explain to me.

“Who? And what war?” I questioned him again, but this time I felt my arms being held onto by some security looking people as I saw Daehyun’s hands tighten around the wire and his expression got angry.

“The answer is right in front of you!” I heard Daehyun’s last words before I got lifted up to the helicopter and saw the searchlights shine in my eyes.