The First Survivant

The Last Wish

She didn't like it here. Better die. Wait... she already was dead. Was there something worse than death? Yes... To die when you're not suppose to, to die before your time. That was what had happened to Gloria. She still couldn't believe that worse than the worst had happened to her. How had she gone so far? She didn't exactly know. All she knew was that she was alone in the world.

No you are not, said a voice in her head. You are surrounded by million of dead people.

Well, that was the same thing as being alone for her. Since she went there, she had nothing to do but think. Now, she had plenty of times to do nothing, and she was wasting it thinking. She was sitting in a chair, if you can call a strange cloud with a chair shape like that. All was so strange down here. She had imagined that it would have looked a bit more... Well...like hell. But there were lights everywhere and she was thinking that she might be in heaven. Thinking... Once again.

She was bored. She always was bored. She was waiting for George to show up. He fixed this date. First,  she didn't want to come, but she felt so lonely in this place that she finally accepted. Now, she was waiting for him. And thinking.

Wait...

Had she said it was a date?No no no. No way she could date a boy like George. It was his fault if she was dead. She shook her head, but then stop right away. Someone was watching. Someone was watching her .  She didn't know lot about this place and knew even less about the people. In fact, no one had dare talking to her since she was here. Maybe she was too ugly to look at. Holding her breath, she turned and saw the one she was looking for.

George Manson.

He wore the same pant and t-shirt. Black. He was the only familiar person in here, and she was a bit happy and releived to see him. Just a bit.

" You wanted to talk to me?

Not especially. I just wanted to see you, he said with a shy smile."

Gloria felt herself blushing. If she satyed in this place any longer, she could fall in love with him. He was really good looking. Gloria couldn't help reply to his smile.

"Well, I want to talk to you. Is there a way of escaping?"

George turned green.

"You wanna escape?

"Of course I do. This place is creepy."

George's look past from confused to angry. She couldn't escape.  No one ever did! And, anyway, if she succeed, he would lost her. He couldn't let that happen. 

" So, you help me or not?

 What?"

George didn't hear the majority of her words, lost in his thoughts.

"I said, will you help me escaping?"

He had made a decision. He knew he couldn't live - or live his death, in his case- without her.  He knew she would escape, with or without her help. Maybe if he helped her... She would thanks him and will eventually love him. And, yeah, escaping was forbidden, so what? He didn't even know who made the laws. And he couldn't have cared less. Gloria needed help. She needed his help. And he needed her.

- Yeah, I will help you.

Then, she smiled. A real, big, happy smile. That was all he needed.

He had made the right decision...

Well, he hoped...

 

ONE WEEK LATER

" you remember the plan? "George asked Gloria.

She shook her head to show that she did. It wasn't pretty hard, really! All they had to do was going finding the key of the secret room. The secret room was like Gloria's parents' bedroom ; everyone knew its existence, but no one knew what was inside. Only one girl had came out alive, but she had turned mad, and everybody was running away from her. 

Mad or not, they needed her help. Since she was the only one able to give them some informations about the room and its key, they had to find her. That was the first part of their plan. And it started NOW...

 

"Hey, how are you?" Gloria asked in a quiet voice, no wanting to afraid Natalie.

 

After one week of research, Gloria and george had finally found the girl they were looking for, namely Natalie. She was hidden on the roof of a strange building.

 

"What do you want from me?"

 

Natalie didn't look really friendly and wasn't trying to be either. She was pretty annoyed that they came for her. Everybody was avoiding her and it was fine with her. Once, she had already been a sociable girl really appreciated by others, but since she entered and came out of The secret room, her life had changed completely. She couldn't forget waphat she saw, wich was much more horrible that what she saw in her entire life. What she saw drove her crazy and she ran away from people so she could suffer alone. So why were these,girl and boy here?

" We just have one question. Would you dare answering it?" George asked.

Natalie chewed her lips, thinking. Their question must be hugely important if they managed finding her. She usually didn't talk to the exterior  but maybe she could make an exemption for those two brave personnes. She WAS about to ask them what WAS there question when she notices the look George gave Gloria. He looked her as if she was an angel, or the most beautiful creature in the world. Natalie felt a rush of jealousy coming: no one ever stared at her this way. Now, she almost was mad at the girl. What was so special about her? 

" Whatever your question is, I am going to answered it"

George and Gloria gave her a confused look. What made her change her mind? Whatever it was, they were not going to complain about it. The first part of their plain was accomplished. They exchanged a secret look, like a silencious agreement. It was time to start the phase two.

What they didn't know was that Natalie saw their look, and that increase her anger. It was also for her the time to start the phase one of her plan. Her mission was simple; get rid of Gloria and " steal" George. 

 

Who will finish its mission first?