The Living Dead

The Last Wish

 

Naria’s corpse has been found. She received the knife in heart. Because- yeah- she had been killed with a knife. But the police didn’t find it. They didn’t find the murderer either. But they’ve found her. They found Naria’s body. Her dad has been devasted when he learnt that. She was his onely child. She was the only family he had left. And now, she was a lifeless body. He was hopeful, though; maybe her daughter was only in the coma. In a deep, really deep coma. But, as days past, he became less and less optimistic.

Hey!  Naria, wake up!”

But she couldn’t hear him. She was dead. Dead. Dead. This word kept coming into his mind, but he chased it.

She can’t die, because…

He tried to find a reason. He had tried many times, but always failed. But he stayed optimistic. After all, that was the only thing he could do. But the wait was over. Today was the day. The doctor was going to tell him the results of the test were great. That she was going to survive. That was, at least, what he wanted to hear him say. He couldn’t accept that her daughter was dead. But a part of his brain knew the true. As he didn’t want to think about it, he started staring at the clock, staring at the times going by. He did that until the doctor entered the room.

“ How is…” started Naria’s dad

He didn’t finish his sentence. He didn’t want to hear the answer. But, because of the doctor’s readable face, he knew the answer. He started crying and screaming at the same time. But he wasn’t the only one saddened by Naria’s death. Near the window, a man was standing. The man was George Manson.

 

2000

Everybody was dressed in black. Black coats. Black shoes. Black hats. Everything…black.

Why are they all in the cemetery? Someone’s dead?

Naria Dawn was puzzled. She woke up in the cemetery, an hour or so before, not remembering to have come here, not remembering to have slept either. She didn’t remember much, but just enough. Two names. Naria Dawn. George Manson. Those two names were the first thing that came in her mind when she woke up. She was Naria. She remembered George. So, she started looking for him.

“Excuse me, sir, do you know what is happening?” she queried.

No replied.

Guess he is press, but still.

“Sorry, miss, can you…” she started.

Trough her. The lady had past trough her. That was enough to scare her. Now, she urged to find George.

He’ll explain me. He has to know what is happening.

But everyone looked alike. All dressed in dark. Like George. She abandoned the idea of finding him.

B plan.

She past trough everybody. She wanted to see the dead, to se if she was right. She arrived at the tomb in front of where the clergyman was talking:

“She was so young. Too young to die.”

But she wasn’t listening. Wasn’t breathing either, not that she needed to, since she was dead. She knew she was, because in the tomb was written:

Naria Dawn

1980-1995

15 years old

Died mysteriously

 

One second, she felt sorry for the girl who died so young. The next second, the information came into her brain and hit her like an electric charge. She was Naria Dawn. She was the one who died. She was a ghost or a spirit or… Whatever she was, she was not human anymore.

 

“Now, let’s bury the coffin” said the clergyman.

 

Buried the… No, maybe she’ll disappear if they do that. But it was too late. As her soul was kind of aspired by her corpse inside the coffin, she cried, knowing that no one will hear her.

But, somebody did. And the somebody was the person she had looked for some times before. The somebody was George Manson. He received the scream as a blow to his heart. But, he couldn’t do anything. He wanted to, but he couldn’t. She had already made her third and last wish. He wished she hadn’t, but she had, and he wasn’t able to realize his wishes, only other’s.

 

“Who are you?” asked suddenly a little girl.

“…’

“I said, who are you?” she repeated louder.

“I heard, my name is George Manson” he responded a bit annoyed.

“Hi! My name is Gloria.”

 

She held out her hand, but George didn’t shake it.

 

Brown hair. Blue eyes. She reminds me Naria. She has this light in her eyes.

 

“Gloria, come here. How many times did I tell you no to speak to strangers?” grounded her mother while holding Gloria’s hand.

“Bye George”

 

She looked a bit sad.

“Don’t worry. We will meet again”, he whispered.

 

But Gloria was gone. Gone as was Naria...

Well, it depends of Gloria first wish... ( To be followed....Maybe...: )