The Deadly Love

The Last Wish

We are in 2010. Gloria is 20.

People everywhere. Girls and Boys walking in the hall. All look completly normal. Excepted that Gloria doesn't recognize anything. She doesn't even know how she came here.

A boy was looking at him. He walks toward her and sais nothing.

" Are you... No, it's impossible"

" Never forget that  all is possible."

Gloria almost stopped breathing. For about one second, she thought that the man was Georges Mason.

" I know you remember me, Gloria. And I remember you too. Welcone in MY World. You presently are in the False School. We are in the Invisible world. Those who come here cannot leave. Only dead can come here.  I am dead. And so you are."

Then, he shows her the most valuable thing she had never seen. It was a pretty ring, but it was partly hide by his hand.

" Do you want to marry me?"

Gloria WAS about to reply when he did the worst thing ever...

He stole her first kiss...

He kissed her.

And then stoped as fast as he started.

You stupid boy. How dare you?

She would have said it aloud but he didn't give her the chance.

Once again, was too busy...

Busy kissing him.

She wanted to stop, to hit him or to scream on him but she couldn't. Her will was strong, but not as much as her desire. Because, someway, it was...agreeable. As she didn't really know what to do, she just let him continue. When he stopped, he had a faint smile.

" I'm sorry, but I had no other choice. I love you" he whispered in a voice unusual.

He sounded like he was about to cry or something.

I hope you're sorry, god! You just kissed me!

She wanted to be angry, but couldn't; he looked so miserable and sad. More, she couldn't really blame him for the kiss 'cause she liked it and did nothing to stop him.

" You liked it, haven't you? He asked, still smiling sadly.

Gloria wanted to lie. To tell him that she didn't and would never forget him. Instead, she told him the truth.

" Yes, I did" she responded, sure that she was red like a tomato.

His smile got bigger and bigger. He looked like a little kid to who someone gave a candy he absolutly wanted.

He's kinda cute when he smiles.

That thought made her blush a bit more than she already was, if it was even possible.

But I don't love him.

She didn't want him to know it. Firstly because it was great to feel desired, secondly because she was a bit scared by him. She didn't know what he was able to do and didn't want to discover it either. She was thinking of something to say when George managed talking.

" You don't love me, do you?"

What a chance he has asked that. Maybe it'll be easier than I thought.

" Well, to be honest with you..." She started.

At each word she was pronouncing, George's smile faded a bit more. She wasn't sure if she should continue or not... After all, it was him who wanted an answer.

" No, I don't"

 Now, his smile wasn't a smile anymore. It looked more like a dangerous grimace. Gloria got scared. He looked so angry that she thought...

Oh my god? Is he going to kill me?

But he didn't. He wasn't a murderer, after all. For her, the girl she loved, he had prepared something else...something that, he hoped, she would appreciated as much as he did. But for now, he had to let her go, to let her wake up. Maybe she'll think it was just a dream, but maybe she'll remember the kissing. At least, that is what he was hoping for... Because where there is hope there is life, no? So, it would have been stupid to kill her. He was very hopeful that someday, this girl will be his.

" You can wake up now, Gloria. I will wait for you. I have all the eternity, after all. But you don't, you still are mortal. Make your choice fast, or I'll be forced to make it for you. But for now, enjoy your normal life." He whisperd while letting Gloria returns back to her normal life.

Just as he let her go, Gloria woke up with a strange feeling. She was in her own bed, but something was wrong. She couldn't  tell what, but she could feel it. Maybe she did a nightmare, but she didn''t remember doing so. She went take her bath.

Omg! My lips burns! What a strange feeling!

She didn't know what was going on, but she was shaking.Once she finished her shower, she past near the mirror and noticed that her face was red like a tomato. She didn't know why, so she just get dressed and forgot all about it. She was on her way to school, crossing the road, when a car came near her. The car was too fast and she knew she couldn't escape fast enough. She couldn't do anything excepted staying there, watching her death coming.

...

At the very last moment, she had the feeling that she was floating. Wait a second, it wasn't a feeling... she actually was floating. She look down and see her own body on the ground, tha ambulanceman trying to save her. But she knew they couldn't help her. She was dead. How could she possibly be sure of it? Well, not hard to figure,when you aren't touching the ground anymore. Suddenly, a door appeared in front of her. In golden letters, it was written : welcome to hell. Since she had nowhere else to go, she opened the door. What was behind was more scarier than the evil. George was behind the door, as if he had been waiting her. She saw him smile sadly and though that she had already sawn this kind of smile somewhere. He should have read in her thoughts, because at the same time, he decided to talk.

- I apologize, Gloria. It is my fault if you are here. I kissed you when I wasn't suppose to, and they chose to punish you instead if me. A dead can't kiss a human. It is against the rules.

She looked at him with that strange look... That strange state that only her could have. She wasn't understanding anything, and he knew it. But he will tell her... She might be mad at him, but at least, he would have been honest... Maybe for the first time of his life...for the first time of his death, also...