Reading Quietly

You and I

[au, editor!woobin/writer!jongsuk, wc: 800+ ]

It's meant to be only a few short minutes- to stretch out tense muscles and walk around and relax before resuming his work in the living room. It's also a good moment to the kitchen and make himself a nice hot cup of coffee; coffee is good for the mind after all, because he needs all the energy he could get so he can get through the next few hours without pause. Being a writer means spending a long, long time trying to come up with a good story for their readers, you know. It's not easy but it's well worth the effort.

Unfortunately for him, however, those few short minutes are apparently too long because by the time he returns to his post, he sees someone sitting right in front of his computer and skimming his draft from the top, a white lollipop stick protuding from his lips. He nearly drops his mug and cries out in shock, "Kim Hyunjoong! What are you doing there?!"

He watches as said male cringe and tilt his head back in mild indignation, his lower lip sticking out against the lollipop. He so does not think that's cute. "Okay, for starters, it's Woobin. Woobin. I haven't been called by my real name since high school." he ignores the snort that comes his way. "Secondly, I'm your editor. And your room mate. But mostly, your editor. I'm suppose to go through your drafts and pointing out what ever that is wrong. As of this moment, I see something I really want to point out...what the hell is this, Jongsuk?"

Jongsuk doesn't know what to say. It's his personal draft that Woobin's reading- the one he swore no one would read since the time he started it. Very personal. Why? Because that personal draft is more of a fanatical love story he wished could've happen. And not to mention (he's pretty sure Woobin knows this by now, the nosy editor), the characters to that particular story consists of none other than Woobin and himself.

.

"...It's nothing." he ends up mumbling out. He can feel his face heating up with embarrassment as if he is placed in an oven. "Shut that down, Woobin."

"No." the editor says defiantly and with this, he gives a look that says 'spill it, you can't hide from me'. "I want you to explain to me about the concept of this story and how these two characters play their role."

Jongsuk blinks several times, his mind unable to process what the male had just told him. He wants him to what? To relay his personal draft aloud? He lets out an exasperated sigh in response and narrow his eyes. "Woobin. They're personal. What more can you not understand about that?"

Woobin pulls himself up and strides up to him in a slow, fluid motion. By the time he reaches up to Jongsuk, chests just a few inches apart and eyes staring steadily into his, he chuckles and hooks a gentle finger beneath the male's chin. "You wouldn't consider it personal now that the other party read through it, do you? One that involves a certain you and me?" He then reaches over for the mug of coffee that Jongsuk had now forgotten about and places it by the nearest counter.

Woobin's taking this really well, Jongsuk notes to himself. Not that he wants it any other way. After all, it's been over a year since Jongsuk started that story. A year since Woobin became his room mate and self-proclaimed editor (he took up the official title two months after that) and a year since he had fallen for his personality, his charm, and his good and bad points. Surprising to say, he actually liked everything when it came to Kim Hyun- Woobin. It's Woobin.

"...How far have you looked?" he ends up asking, voice somewhat resigned.

Giving off a soft hum, Woobin leans forward and wraps his arms around the shorter male's waist. "Truthfully? I've been reading it ever since you started it. And it's only now that I've said something about it." He grins when he finds Jongsuk's cheeks colored into a pretty shade of red. "By the way, you've stopped at the point where I was supposed to...carry you off into the bedroom where I can strip you bare and show you what's it like to be in heaven."

If Jongsuk's face isn't red enough, it is now because Woobin is quoting off the last sentence to his draft. Before he can say anything, said male hoists him over his shoulders and proceeds to the bedroom.

-

Jongsuk does eventually finishes up his personal draft, with Woobin watching (and re-enacting) as he go.

But as he does, he realizes one small, minor error: he completely forgot about his actual draft.

 

a/n: there ya go ;w;