Get Some Sleep

You and I

[school 2013 au, heungsoo/namsoon, wc: +1000]


Heungsoo wakes up to a splitting headache, a numb arm, and something hard digging painfully into his side. The ceiling fan is circulating slowly overhead- not enough to keep the room cool (because to him, it felt like an oven for some reason) but enough to touch upon the sheen of sweat building across his neck down like a warm caress.

He blinks groggily, his eyes narrowed and his lips pressed into a thin line. He doesn't really recall how he ended up with a headache in the first place but- oh. There was a vague image of a get together last night, prepared by none other than the president Hakyung and her ridiculously over-reacting friend of hers, Kangjoo. They had it in a bowling alley located roughly two blocks away from the school.

And there had been alcohol involved. A whole lot of it. That much he knew.

Thank god it's the weekend now.

But what happened during that time anyway? He attempts to dig into his memory but stops when the pain becomes prominent. Might as well wait a while and take some medication before he can continue on, not to mention a nice cool shower and breakfast.

Just when he's about to shuffle around to find a better position before going back to sleep for a while longer, he eventually realizes that one arm is stuck beneath something heavy. And warm. Really warm.

He squints to the side and finds himself staring face to face with Namsoon. The male's asleep, features lax and calm, but that's not the only thing he notices. His eyes linger to the bare skin of Namsoon's shoulder, peeking from the comforter. There's a prominent red mark located in an area where the collarbone disappear and it's one he doesn't recall seeing before- not that he bothers to; he's just really observant when it comes to his best friend. He pauses for a few seconds, his mind unable to comprehend what is going on until he reaches for the hem and lifts the comforter up a few inches.

Namsoon's .

His eyes blink down to where his trapped limb is- right beneath said male- before they fall upon his own body. He's too (but that's not so surprising to him; after all, he does sleep ).

Well, .

His headache comes back with more force than before. A low groan leaves his lips as he buries his face into the pillow he's sharing. Judging by the looks of things, he had slept with Namsoon last night and he had forgotten every detail of it. He isn't sure whether he's suppose to feel ashamed over the fact that he slept with his best friend last night or relieved over the fact that it had been Namsoon who he slept with.

But who could blame him anyway? He's just happened to be in love with the idiotic, ramen-hungry ex-gangleader that he recently reunited with and it's a bit much to take in at the moment.

Namsoon takes this opportunity to wake, his eyes squeezing shut and his lips curved down as if he's trying to fight whatever is waking him up. Heungsoo watches as those eyes blearily blink open, dazed at first but focusing gradually until they meet up with his own. "Why are you up? It's too early." his voice is low and croaky but he doesn't say anything more as he shuffles deep into the pillow with a contented hum.

Heungsoo nearly scoffs at the male's behavior and gazes up to the digital clock settled above them. "It's ten. It's not early."

"Morning still so it's early." The younger interjects sleepily.

"And you're sleeping on my arm."

"It's comfortable."

"Not for me." Heungsoo trails off to a pause, his mind gradually shifting toward their main problem- or rather, his main problem. If he mention last night's occurance, will Namsoon feel offended enough to beat him into a pulp and refuse to talk to him for the rest of their lives? Or will he be depressed and run away again? He doesn't want either option to become reality but the multitude of questions are really frustrating to hold. He clears his throat. "...About last night..."

Namsoon cracks an eye open and for some reason, the simple gesture brings the male into a halt. He glances away for a few seconds before continuing off, "did we...?"

"We didn't."

Heungsoo stares in incredulity. "What?"

"Have , right? We didn't." The younger male pushes himself up and props an arm beneath his head, allowing Heungsoo to finally pull his own arm away and massage his sore muscles. His voice becomes more casual, almost teasing. "All you did was dance to a girl group's song in the bowling alley while confessing your 'undying love' for me." He's unable to hold back a laugh at the sight of Heungsoo's horrified expression on his face. "Though I must admit, it's different and I like it and I'm pretty sure Kangjoo and Kideok videotaped the whole thing so you can expect something the next day."

Namsoon sees Heungsoo's lower lip moving up and down as if he's trying to say something and it takes a few more seconds before he finally does so. "Okay, I'll have to keep note of that. But that doesn't tell me how we got into this position." A thoughtful hum leaves Namsoon's protruding lips as he tilts his head further into his palm. He doesn't overlook the fact that Heungsoo's eyes are now focusing on them. "Well, we were about to but despite in your drunken state, you stopped and said that we should keep things platonic until our wedding days. Cause..." a chuckle. "you're afraid I might get pregnant if we do it."

Heungsoo groans loudly and presses a palm over his eyes. "I did not say that."

"But you did."

"We're having anyway."

"Regardless?"

"Regardless. Now would be a great time to start if you know what I mean."

"Give me a ring first."

"You ."

"You love it."

Heungsoo sends Namsoon a strange look before he gives a feral grin and leans close enough to nip over the mark by his collarbone. "Hm...I suppose I do."

 

a/n: hi guys, it's been a while ;u; i blame my work, to be honest but it's still my fault
but i'm really happy to see new subscribers and comments! thank you all for supporting this -sends hugs and kisses-

by the way, since this comes from a drama, i wasn't sure if this counts as an au kind of story. oh well