Part Two

McDonald Girl
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Chaerin bit her lips. Here goes the pain again. Seeing Jiyong busied himself with other girl slowly kills her inside, but the murder and crime is bound to be cover up, for she won’t let her emotion make fun of her. It’s always been like this, and she knows that as time goes by, she will be able to handle the pain, if not getting immune with it.

 

He gradually changes. He was never the same anymore. Sure he is still the smart guy who loves to save his friends during examinations. Sure he is still the kind guy who’s willing to do things for his colleagues. However…

 

She was not the girl he spends lots of time with anymore…

 

She was not the girl who caught his attention whenever and wherever any longer…

 

He could already make casual conversation with her, where once upon a time, Jiyong couldn’t even look at her straight in the eyes.

 

He could tell her jokes and stuffs like it were nothing, when he used to have stiff neck every time he tried to… well, that was before. Really, Gone are the days of Mr. Stiff Neck, as what Dara loves to .

 

He will never be the same guy who used to devote everything for her sake.

 

For he’s no longer hers…

 

For she never let it happened…

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

If Jiyong mastered the part of moving on, then Chaerin mastered the part of pretensions. He won’t have free times to spend with their circles for he has to spend times with his new girlfriend’s friends. Yes, ShinYoung finally gave her Yes to Jiyong. And though Chaerin is bleeding deep inside, heck, even the best psychologist in town wouldn’t even find out.

 

She tried to be casual whenever he’s around, and to her dismay, while she is pretending everything’s okay; Jiyong seems to finally and fully let her go.

 

Two Years…

 

‘How could he just let go the past two years?’

 

Maybe because he finally realizes that there is more to life than waiting for someone like her. Maybe, his new girlfriend excites him than any way she could do. Maybe, there was something in their relationship that she never even offers… or he never even foresees… Maybe…

 

The regrets, confusions and anger towards her own self slowly mixing up, that no matter what she do, no matter what she think of, she couldn’t shrug it off. The taunting looks of her friends and classmates made it even worse that crying in front of them just to release everything, will never be an option.

 

She maybe pitiful inside…

 

…but she will try her best to hide.

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Fourth Year College SY 2012-2013

 

 

Chaerin cleans her post while waiting for possible customers. She has to extend her shift for her reliever suffered from migraine, and having no upcoming school activities allows her to do so. Working as a fast food crew is really exciting, for she’s able to keep her mind away from him. Sure, she has lots of suitor, but her mind and heart only goads for that guy.

 

‘Jiyong…’

 

Chaerin blinks numerous times just to make sure that her vision wasn’t making fun of her. But he’s still there, entering the store with his girlfriend on his side. After finding suitable seats for the both of them, he started to make his way on the counter but looks surprise when he found her. “Chaerin…”

 

“Good evening sir, may I take your order, please?” Chaerin smiled politely, and he was taken aback.

 

“Ahh, I’ll just take two C3, and double large fries.” He smiles at her while she punch his orders, “I thought your shift was over…”

 

“No, I had to extend. Wait a moment please; I’ll just process your order.” She said before turning around, fighting the huge urge to cry. ‘So, he thought my shift is over? Thinking that I’m no longer around, that’s why he decided to dine with her? He doesn’t want to see me, right? I wonder how he hated me that much… But nah, it’ll be over soon…’

 

After successfully doing her job, she excuses for a while, locking herself inside the wash room and wept silently. She badly wanted to go home but her reason will never be enough… ‘My heart is aching so bad, that it might explode in no time… Why can’t it pass as acceptable reason?’

 

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

As part of their Department’s outside activities, the Accountancy students of Third Year and Fourth Year Class were invited to a closing ceremony for the National Federation of their organization. Seizing that they could fit in a single bus, the coordinators decided to mix the students up, leading Jiyong to spend more time with ShinYoung, much to Chaerin’s dismay. The couples were sitting together, and being the good guy, he makes sure to take care of her as much as possible.  ShinYoung is currently suffering from menstrual cramp that’s why Jiyong has to tend her from time to time. Apparently, Chaerin has to sit two blocks away from their back so she has no choice but to see the caring gestures he constantly give her, when in the back of her mind, she knows that those acts supposedly meant for her.

 

To add more salt to her wound, her co-students started to make fun of her, and her frien

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter